A Difficult Boss VS A Cheap Boss

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hXcShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hXcShock
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

A difficult boss should be hard, but a well skilled player can overcome them, leaving the player with an immense sense of gratiffication. MK9 needs a lesson in boss fights because **SPOILER**(not really though..) the Shao Kahn boss fight with Raiden is not hard, it's just stupidly cheap. There is no sense of accomplishment from dodging spear after spear only the flying dragon kick him when he taunts, I thought this was such a disappointing boss fight. What's everyone else's thoughts?

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
lol nice.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

You want difficult bosses, go play Shadow of The Colossus. :D

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 had some of the cheapest bosses in any game ever, but I have heard a lot of complaints about MK's Shao Khan.. I just bought the game today, so I will have to see what everyone is talking about.
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

He takes less damage then the other characters, and can even attack through ones you are already perorming. He does more damage and with his 52% damage special he absolutely destroys you. I've yet to beat him through any normal mean, by that I mean doing combos and attacks. I've only beaten him by using spam attacks and trying to stay at a distance.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Ya, there is a huge difference between difficult and cheap. They have been making cheap bosses (and cheap gameplay) since mainstream video games first started in the 80s. Finding a good, difficult, but not cheap boss is much rarer. The bosses in Demon's Souls were mostly all difficult and rarely cheap (only real exception is maybe that bastard on the narrow bridge).

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Essian

Ya, there is a huge difference between difficult and cheap. They have been making cheap bosses (and cheap gameplay) since mainstream video games first started in the 80s. Finding a good, difficult, but not cheap boss is much rarer. The bosses in Demon's Souls were mostly all difficult and rarely cheap (only real exception is maybe that bastard on the narrow bridge).

mkaliaz
I think you mean the maneater, but I NEVER had a problem with them... I found Flamelurker to be a bit cheap though, but still very close to fair
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

God of War 3 is the king of boss fights.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Essian

I think you mean the maneater, but I NEVER had a problem with them... I found Flamelurker to be a bit cheap though, but still very close to fair

Ya, thats interesting because I never had a problem with Flamelurker. Oh well, we all approach fights differently and experience results differently. I definetely thought Flamelurker was hard though and the fight was intense, but I think I killed him first attempt.

Oh ya, and new game+.....MASSIVE jump in difficulty. No comparison really. Still love the game though. I think I completed it 4-5 times.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian

[QUOTE="Essian"][QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

mkaliaz

Ya, thats interesting because I never had a problem with Flamelurker. Oh well, we all approach fights differently and experience results differently. I definetely thought Flamelurker was hard though and the fight was intense, but I think I killed him first attempt.

Oh ya, and new game+.....MASSIVE jump in difficulty. No comparison really. Still love the game though. I think I completed it 4-5 times.

possibly my favorite current gen RPG...
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
If you didn't think Shao Khan was going to be cheap, that's a mistake on your part.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I might buy Demon's Souls soon. Hope I'll like it. Man I wish there was a demo of that game.