60G free space on HDD, but cant play Ratchet and Clank?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersruzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersruzz
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
When I check my HDD it says I have 60G/74G free space left. But when I launch Ratchet and Clank it says I need 164Mb free space. Why is this happening? Something to do with latest firmware perhaps?
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Minor Glitch Halts Ratchet & Clank PS3, Simple Workaround Solves Issue

by Chris Faylor

A minor bug in North American copies of Insomniac's Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, which shipped to some stores today and comes packed with the rumble-enabling 1.94 firmware update, may prevent players from starting the title, depending on the contents of their PlayStation 3's hard drive.

Much like Insomniac's previous PS3 effort, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ratchet & Clank mandates a brief setup procedure that copies some files onto the console's HDD. However, an unexpected glitch within the game causes it to read the hard drive as full and refuse to install under certain conditions.

"We recently discovered a bug on the US version of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction that some of you may encounter the first time you boot the game," Insomniac community manager James Stevenson told Shacknews. "With specific amounts of free space on your drive, you may see a screen that tells you have insufficient space to create game data even though there is plenty of free space on your drive."

Fortunately, the workaround is a relatively simple one. "When this occurs, either delete or add about 500MB of data to your hard drive and the problem will go away," wrote Stevenson. While this may seem a lofty chore to some, the abundance of downloads in the online PlayStation Store means that relief is, at best, a matter of deleting an old demo or two, and at worst, the task of downloading of a few additional files.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/49587