DasBadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DasBadness
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

My son and I generally just two man the Nightfall, assuming there is some sort of burn activated. Totally doable for everything with a burn. From time to time we get the dreaded Omnigul with terrible Nightfall rolls and we add a third.

Anyhow, we've both been playing this game since a week or two after release (we have the special edition white Destiny PS4s). I work in hospitality and generally have to put in 55-65 hours a week at the demanding property I work at. This game is how we bond. We're not "hardcore" by any means, but we have put in our fair share of time to this game, and for the most part we have played each week since we got the game. It's my son's first, true, online game.

Obviously, Gjallarhorn is at the top of any true Destiny player's list. If you have it, fantastic! You have no problems finding groups once new content is released, and in fact, you are highly sought after. Take a look at the r/fireteams right now.....Good luck getting in a POE 34/35 unless you have Gjallarhorn!

We have both raided/done the Nightfalls on a weekly basis, with the exception to a few weeks here and there. I'm generally off on Sundays (no school), so we always play at least a couple hours of Destiny.

Up until today, neither of us had a Gjallarhorn......We've both been in raids/groups where we have witnessed others get it, but we've never been the lucky ones.

Whenever we do a raid or Nightfall and I get something cool and my son does not, he gets really upset and has even cried on one occasion, the day I received my Fatebringer. He's the only one out of his online friends of 7-12 year olds that play that doesn't have one. But after today....He's the only one with a Gjallarhorn, none of them have it.

I was streaming and caught his reaction today when we finished the Nightfall and he got a Gjally, here's a link to the YouTube that I just created. Pay no attention to how ecstatic I am over my 4th or 5th Plan-C :) If you turn your volume up and listen closely, he initially thinks I got the Gjallarhorn (because I misread the loot table!), and you can hear a huge, disappointing sigh lol. Quickly turns that frown upside down when he realizes he's the one with the spoils!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynG_A4WDXXk

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

User Lists: 0

#2 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

wrong forum section, moved to proper section