2.4 Great firmware? or terrible firmware update?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damedash122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 damedash122
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
i have been waiting for firmware 2.4 for quite some time now and i dont feel like the firmware delivered! specifically dealing with the trophies!...they r not retroactive! and alot of games wont even be patched for trophy support! alot of the features they delivered HONESTLY should have been available out of the box like a CLOCK on the xmb!!!!!!!!! and music support is gr8! but cant even be done unless the game supports it!
Xjner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Xjner
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts
If we quit posting about it maybe it will deliver a bj to you.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
MY GOD! Give it a break already with the complaining! Some you hype yourselves up and when things don't turn out like you imagined it, you hit the nag butto. Just take the firmware as it is and go night, night.
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

its a good update, in that it gets the ball rolling on some major features.

theyve managed to get passed what they could not do before without violating MS patents for 360... a great achievement.

there is work to do to get support for the features widespread, i dont understand how this wasnt expected? everyone stop complaining.

what stops it from being great, imo, is that the firmware is causing ps3s to break. bad news.

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts
I'm gonna pull out my Desert Eagle and go on a rampage if use don't shut up about 2.4
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
The update is fine and if we think about it most of the features in this update was going to be a part of HOME when it's released. This in reality could be just the first stages of HOME.
damedash122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damedash122
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
lol ok everyone keep believing that!...and u can pull out ur desert eagle! and try! and then u will get pwned!
Avatar image for shadimoscouplos
shadimoscouplos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadimoscouplos
Member since 2004 • 1572 Posts
Psh! Its not like it crashes PS3....
stealth82428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stealth82428
Member since 2007 • 777 Posts
i think it is wonderful. more than i expected because i thought trophies were coming out with home.
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts
the only people who should be complaining should be the people whose ps3s broke from 2.4
Avatar image for _Classic_Gamer_
_Classic_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _Classic_Gamer_
Member since 2007 • 4776 Posts
Considering they took it down in the same day they released it, I'd say terrible.
Avatar image for SamcottsPSWii60
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 SamcottsPSWii60
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts

How can something that has improved an already solid system, be horrible?

We're not paying anything, we should be grateful for whatever improvements we get.

inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

i actually think the 2.4 update is total crap. the only true addition was trophies... n most games wont even support it and it will be awhile before games DO implement trophies.

in game music cant be used unless the game supports it... this feature could have been done already if the game supported it. it only gave the illusion that its something new. for example, that psn bowling game

in game chat n friends could also be done if certain games support it, see Ao2 and R6V2... i do give credit that it can finally be done nomatter what game it is. thank u for that sony

but not being able to switch users in game sucks. u cant have multiple users signed in on different controllers. u can only access accessory settings n nothin else in settings. its just basically a worthless update.

i have pretty much decided im gonna give up on sony in this department. ima keep my ps3 but i decided im gonna get a xbox360 elite n deal wit payin for internet. im not too worried bout the money cuz i will have the money for it. but i just lost faith in sony. they cant seem to manage to get this whole OS thang right. but ok... n please dont flame me for tellin the truth. im just an extremely disappointed sony fan

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

the only people who should be complaining should be the people whose ps3s broke from 2.4rsoxguy12

Well for the most part..He speaks the truth.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

Firmware 2.4 owes you nothing.

complaining that something should have been there "out of the box" is stupid, because you knew what you were getting when you bought it. it's like marrying a fat chick who subsequently loses a bunch of weight and complaining that she should have been thin when you married her. maybe she should have, but you knew what you were getting.

the whole view of complaining about what isn't there instead of being happy about what is there is very childish and short sighted.

we got:

a clock
the ability to earn trophies in games that support it
the ability to set up headsets in game
the ability to change audio settings in game
the ability to read and send mail in game
google searching from the XMB
an easy interface for custom soundtracks in game that support it

that's easily one of the most useful firmware updates to come out since background downloading or the new playstation store. you can't see the forest for the trees.

ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts
I thought this update was great.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
great firmware update we got what you asked for, only people who are disapointed who are the people who over-hyped it and thats there own fault. only little thing thats a little annoying is trophies.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shadowkiller11

i actually think the 2.4 update is total crap. the only true addition was trophies... n most games wont even support it and it will be awhile before games DO implement trophies.

in game music cant be used unless the game supports it... this feature could have been done already if the game supported it. it only gave the illusion that its something new. for example, that psn bowling game

in game chat n friends could also be done if certain games support it, see Ao2 and R6V2... i do give credit that it can finally be done nomatter what game it is. thank u for that sony

but not being able to switch users in game sucks. u cant have multiple users signed in on different controllers. u can only access accessory settings n nothin else in settings. its just basically a worthless update.

i have pretty much decided im gonna give up on sony in this department. ima keep my ps3 but i decided im gonna get a xbox360 elite n deal wit payin for internet. im not too worried bout the money cuz i will have the money for it. but i just lost faith in sony. they cant seem to manage to get this whole OS thang right. but ok... n please dont flame me for tellin the truth. im just an extremely disappointed sony fan

inFamous_Nik
lol lol lol go on then.
RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RazerOfHellVII
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

If we quit posting about it maybe it will deliver a bj to you.Xjner

stfu, god he was only saying that because he was just as disappionted as the rest of us

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
i personally like the xmb alot, my only issue with ps3 was having to leave games to msg people. but thats fixed. so. good stuff.
RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RazerOfHellVII

i personally like the xmb alot, my only issue with ps3 was having to leave games to msg people. but thats fixed. so. good stuff. kreestoph

Lol funny sig

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shadowkiller11

[QUOTE="Xjner"]If we quit posting about it maybe it will deliver a bj to you.RazerOfHellVII

stfu, god he was only saying that because he was just as disappionted as the rest of us

not everyone was disappointed
RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RazerOfHellVII
[QUOTE="RazerOfHellVII"]

[QUOTE="Xjner"]If we quit posting about it maybe it will deliver a bj to you.shadowkiller11

not everyone was disappointed

Lol ik, thats why i said just like the rest of us, not just like everyone

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
its nothing special
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts
Until they come out with a game that lets you listen to your own music, or more than one game that has trophies, it's not really good or bad. It's just there.
Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#26 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

eh it was somewhat disappointing. I was a little pissed off when in-game chat/rooms was canned as well as not all games having the trophy feature(just three at the moment...you gotta admit that ios really lame) also having your own music played shoulda been available for every game(kinda like it is on the 360...as well as in-game chat! what the hell SONY).

I ain't no M$ lover, it just pisses me off how a feature that should of been available on day one comes out nearly 2 years later half-assed. Here's hoping Sony will fix this soon, but for the time being, it's nice that it's "there."

Avatar image for sherlockhomeboy
sherlockhomeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sherlockhomeboy
Member since 2006 • 83 Posts
hey im all for sony, my favorite company, proud owner of ps3, but i am getting tired of the crappy ps network, its just insanely retarded, who wants trophies for pixel junk or super gaydust, give us GTA$ or MGS4 or even give paradise a go at launch, they need to fix this.