20th Anv Playstation 4 *** Use it or Keep it seal***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NG2k15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NG2k15
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Question for any one that got there hands on one of these.

Are you using it or not?

Im getting one on Friday for $950.

I have a white ps4 at the moment, but really love the grey old school color on the 20th.

I was going to sell the white to help me pay for the new one. But should i use the new one? Or should i keep the white and keep the new one seal?

Any of you using the 20th as your main system?

PSN_M1NAT3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PSN_M1NAT3K
Member since 2014 • 163 Posts

Outside of scarcity, I really don't see how that plastic case makes the anniversary edition any more valuable than your white version. I prefer the black since it matches my other electronic components hooked up to my TV. You say you love the grey color, so just open it and enjoy it. You paid nearly a grand for a PS4, so it doesn't sound like you need the money.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@psn_m1nat3k said:

Outside of scarcity, I really don't see how that plastic case makes the anniversary edition any more valuable than your white version. I prefer the black since it matches my other electronic components hooked up to my TV. You say you love the grey color, so just open it and enjoy it. You paid nearly a grand for a PS4, so it doesn't sound like you need the money.

its more valuable because people will pay more for it, the monetary worth of anything is what someone will pay for it

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#4  Edited By deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

@ng2k15: Keep it mint, it will sell well later. Use it, it will plummet in value like a stone and likely break some time in the future and be nothing but an ornament. Depends on what you care about most. Possible future money back value or short term bragging rights of having a rare PS4 under your TV.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If you can spend close to $1000 on a console with the intent to keep it sealed up for many years, then you probably don't even need the money to begin with. On the other hand we all love making a profit, so I see where you're coming from. Just remember if you use the console and one day it bricks, when you send it in for repairs there's a possibility you won't receive a 20th anniversary console back. You have a perfectly fine working white PS4 now use that for the time being and think about it before you make a decision.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I would keep it sealed, right now the asking price in e-bay is 2 grand; and bragging rights are not having a LE console under your TV, bragging rights are: having a LE console sealed and in display while having another one to play.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@raugutcon said:

I would keep it sealed, right now the asking price in e-bay is 2 grand; and bragging rights are not having a LE console under your TV, bragging rights are: having a LE console sealed and in display while having another one to play.

But what are they selling for? Anyone could ask 2 grand for something, but are they actually selling for that amount?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@BattleSpectre: well, I have seen at least one sold for that price. I´m uncertain if I would shell out 2 grand for a console but I did shell out a couple of grands for 2 fishing reels ( $1,000 US each ).

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@raugutcon said:

@BattleSpectre: well, I have seen at least one sold for that price. I´m uncertain if I would shell out 2 grand for a console but I did shell out a couple of grands for 2 fishing reels ( $1,000 US each ).

PS fishing reels? I have some of those.

Izak80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Izak80
Member since 2008 • 399 Posts

If youre in it for the money. Keep it sealed and sell it later when its even more of rarity.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

Sony is having trouble as a whole company. Keep it sealed so when they go out of business or get bought out. That 20th anniversary ps4 will be worth so much. That's a gold mine just waiting to burst so just hold onto it.