2012 = great year for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I can already tell. Jak and Daxter HD, Twisted Metal, and Starhawk all look amazing. Last year was great though I was dissapointed. Littlebig Planet 2 was my Game of the Year 2011, and Infamous 2 was a favorite, though Uncharted 3 was utterly dissapointing IMO, and Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 were busts.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Jak and Daxter HD

3dfd

A weak game that really brings nothing to the table

Jak 1 was a great game but it fell off a cliff on 2 and 3 brought it back up to good

What would have been good was ratchet and Clank, there's a reason Sony has abandoned the Jak franchise

willzthegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 willzthegamer
Member since 2012 • 95 Posts
May I ask you why you thought Uncharted 3 is utterly disappointing? I thought it's excellent and deserves a Game of the Year 2011 award. I'm looking forward to Jak and Daxter HD Collection because I missed them when I owned the PS2. I wasn't as much of a 'hardcore' gamer as I am now.
woodystew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 woodystew
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
2012 is gonna be an aweome year !!! i mean the first few months are already pretty aweome !! i mean look at all these: mgs hd collection, jak and daxter hd collection (and i disagree with Jaysonguy .... all 3 jaks were great, each had their own unique feature that was added to make it better than its predesessor), naruto shippuden: utimate ninja storm generations, borderlands 2, prey 2, metal gear rising, the last story (not sure if it is only for wii though ...... i think it might be but still looks like an awesome game), mass effect 3, darksiders 2, the darkness 2, and i bet there are tons more that ive forgot to mention or havent heard any news from yet, but still, all those games in one year .......... impressive i think Edit: i havent played any of the Drake uncharteds yet, but i do pan too, so i have no idea what they are like (except that people tend to enjoy them lots)
already832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 already832
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I can already tell. Jak and Daxter HD, Twisted Metal, and Starhawk all look amazing. Last year was great though I was dissapointed. Littlebig Planet 2 was my Game of the Year 2011, and Infamous 2 was a favorite, though Uncharted 3 was utterly dissapointing IMO, and Resistance 3 and Killzone 3 were busts.

3dfd
jak & daxter? the cartoony platformer? no thanks. didn't really like it on ps2. never was interested in twisted metal. it just looks pointless. starhawk looks interesting, but the only videos i've seen were a bunch of rocket spamming. i want to try it, though. i don't see how anyone over 11 likes lbp, lol -- no offense. infamous 2 was great; i loved that game. i haven't played uncharted 3, but it looks exactly like u2 but with less chloe. so now... they just shoved nothing but bland caucasians down everyone's throats (no racist). elana = bland look and personality. drake = corny dude with a very stereotypical, boring forward-swooped hair style. I still want to try it, though. Resistance 3 was a very good game. I don't see why it gets so much hate. Everyone loves to ramble about FOM, but that game was just another generic, "find random weapons laying on the ground and carry 4,982 weapons as if it's 1997" type of game. killzone as a series is a joke IMO. i got a 3.33 kdr as an engi in KZ3, but the class balance is horrible. it was my first KZ game. Everyone says it blows and that KZ2 was better, so I looked it up. That game is a joke too. Rocket spamming, one shot pistols, invisible campers with one-shot snipers? A class that has it's own radar of everyone with a personal robo bodyguard? How did anyone think these were good ideas? Cheap kills everywhere...
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

PS3 is shaping up to be a great year.

Twisted Metal

Tales of Graces

Starhawk

Ni No Kuni

The Witch and the Hundred Cavalrymen

Sly Cooper

God of War 4

Syphon Filer 4?

The Last of Us

The Last Guardian?

Warriors Lair (Ruin)

Dust 514

Journey

Dragon's Crown

Multiplat

Tekken Tag 2

Steet Fighter X Tekken

Ninja Gaiden 3

Borderlands 2

Mass Effect 3

FF 13-2

Soul Calibur 5

Resident Evil 6

Blazblue Contiuum Shift Extend

Kingdoms of Amalur

Metal Gear Rising

Most of the major games coming out this year are going to be on the platform. I am pretty sure Sucker Punch's next PS3 game will be shown at E3. There was a joblistings citing that came out a couple of months after Infamous 2 released. That game probably will not come out until next year though.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/infamous-dev-working-on-new-ps3-title-6320693

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Too. Many. Good. Games... In my day, we didn't have shelves of great games. You bought this system from Sears. And the games were two dots going across the screen. And that's the way it was. And YOU LIKED IT!!! (Borrowing from Dana Carvey's Grumpy Old Man...something you young-un's probably don't know about).
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="3dfd"]

Jak and Daxter HD

Jaysonguy

A weak game that really brings nothing to the table

Jak 1 was a great game but it fell off a cliff on 2 and 3 brought it back up to good

What would have been good was ratchet and Clank, there's a reason Sony has abandoned the Jak franchise

Apparently it brings two good games to the table, as you said, so it can't bring "nothing"
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
[QUOTE="3dfd"]

already832
jak & daxter? the cartoony platformer? no thanks. didn't really like it on ps2. never was interested in twisted metal. it just looks pointless. starhawk looks interesting, but the only videos i've seen were a bunch of rocket spamming. i want to try it, though. i don't see how anyone over 11 likes lbp, lol -- no offense. infamous 2 was great; i loved that game. i haven't played uncharted 3, but it looks exactly like u2 but with less chloe. so now... they just shoved nothing but bland caucasians down everyone's throats (no racist). elana = bland look and personality. drake = corny dude with a very stereotypical, boring forward-swooped hair style. I still want to try it, though. Resistance 3 was a very good game. I don't see why it gets so much hate. Everyone loves to ramble about FOM, but that game was just another generic, "find random weapons laying on the ground and carry 4,982 weapons as if it's 1997" type of game. killzone as a series is a joke IMO. i got a 3.33 kdr as an engi in KZ3, but the class balance is horrible. it was my first KZ game. Everyone says it blows and that KZ2 was better, so I looked it up. That game is a joke too. Rocket spamming, one shot pistols, invisible campers with one-shot snipers? A class that has it's own radar of everyone with a personal robo bodyguard? How did anyone think these were good ideas? Cheap kills everywhere...

Your dismissal of Jak, LBP for things like art s(tyle) and age = fail
already832

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 already832
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="already832"][QUOTE="3dfd"]

bonesawisready5

Your dismissal of Jak, LBP for things like art s(tyle) and age = fail

yeah, i forgot... opinions = fail *unlessofcoursetheyagreewithyou
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Last few years have been incredible. Can't wait for 2012.