2010 will be the last year for ps2! finally

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jazuzu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jazuzu13
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
not that im against ps2 or nothing but I want sony to work more on the ps3. I want to see more games for ps3 and more updates etc. its time to leave the ps2 rest already. make the ps2 owners buy a ps3! thats if they are a true sony fan.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
Sounds more like opinion than fact
Nineball2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Nineball2112
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
Is this your opinion or did you read this somewhere? If so, can you post a link? Thx.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
they stated the fact that it has a 10 year life cycle many times. just like all their consoles.
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
10 year life span ring a bell? He is right. By then the PS2 will be dropped. At least they will slowly discontinue selling PS2's. C'mon that's pretty obvious. By then PS3 will be main goal.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

lol consitrate more on the ps 3 what sony first party title is going to the ps 2 instead of the ps 3 this year.

hum what system is home coming out on.

sony is just realeasing the ps 2 still for low buget third party can make cheap games to make some money so they can start making 360 and ps 3 games.

the ps 2 is alive today because sony lets it.

they could have kept the xbox alive for third parties to make games for it. no they wanted as much of a year head start as they could. not letting xbox fans keep there xbox 1 alive so they had to buy a 360.

sony products start to rise (look at the ps 2 sales) when there last gen console fades away slowly. the ps 3 sales spike jumped way up when the ps 1 faded away.

think about it only 20 million wii users. 18 million 360 users, 14 million ps 3 user out there were in the heck are the other 100 million ps 2 user out there still playing there ps 2. not jumping ship yet. ect.

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
ps2 is mostly competition for the wii.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

lol consitrate more on the ps 3 what sony first party title is going to the ps 2 instead of the ps 3 this year.

sony is just realeasing the ps 2 still for low buget third party can make cheap games to make some money so they can start making 360 and ps 3 games.

micrsoft was scared to keep on supporting the xbox because most 360 early adapters would have never jump to the 360 so soon but they had no choice because they got rid of the xbox.

they could have keep it alive for third parties to make games for it. no they wanted as much of a year head start as they could. not letting xbox fans keep there xbox 1 alive so they had to buy a 360.

sony products start to rise (look at the ps 2 sales) when there last gen console fades away slowly. the ps 3 sales spike jumped way up when the ps 1 faded away.

think about it only 20 million wii users. 18 million 360 users, 14 million ps 3 user out there were in the heck are the other 100 million ps 2 user out there still playing there ps 2. not jumping ship yet. ect.

GARRYTH

Do you even read what you've written before hitting submit?

Just curious.

Anywho I doubt it'll be discontinuned.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]

micrsoft was scared to keep on supporting the xbox because most 360 early adapters would have never jump to the 360 so soon but they had no choice because they got rid of the xbox.

they could have keep it alive for third parties to make games for it. no they wanted as much of a year head start as they could. not letting xbox fans keep there xbox 1 alive so they had to buy a 360.

CreepyBacon

Do you even read what you've written before hitting submit?

Just curious.

Anywho I doubt it'll be discontinuned.

not really because im at work and i nee to ype it fast so i can get back to work. this is not school i don't have to be a english teacher. if you don't like the way i type then don't read it. im not here to impress you im here just to have a little fun at work. and type to other ps 3 users for there support ect. im really not a bad guy i just have speach problem of the way to present my sentences. i also never was good at spelling also. i am a civil draftsman so i managed without proper english.
xX_-X-_Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xX_-X-_Xx
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts
i agree the ps2 is coming to its end around 2010, and although sony is keeping its word about the 10yr life cycle of their systems i wish they didnt, seeing how the beginning of the ps3 was a bit shakey... and i foresee a similar topic will come up when the ps4 for is out talking about when the ps3 will go away. However even with the ps2 out the draught of good games for the ps3 is coming to an end, at least for me and my taste of games, so best not to dwell on it.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Some people don't care enough to dump 400 bucks on a system right now and I can perfectly understand that.
edub272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 edub272
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

just bc games are still being made for the ps2 doesnt mean sony is putting any less effort into the ps3.

It takes considerably more time and work to make a quality ps3 game. Many new ps2 games that are comming out are cheap ports that can be sold to the best selling system of the previous generation.

It just makes sense for sony to keep putting out games if they are cheap to make and can still make a profit. xbox isnt doing this bc theyre "focusing" on 360, theyre not doing it bc xbox didnt sell as many units as ps3.

It really doesn't make a difference.

Avatar image for The_profeshenal
The_profeshenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_profeshenal
Member since 2008 • 494 Posts
My guess is whenever the PS2 games and accessories stop making money then they'll discontinue it.
JHgamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JHgamers
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Sony is known for keep improving their system and as long as there are gamers who wants to keep replaying their older PS2 games, PS2 will not die. Not only that, it is still the best selling system: affordable, huge game library, dvd player.

I don't think it's about PS3 games that will affect PS2 sales, but the actually selling price of PS3 console, games, and blu ray movies. If the price is reduced to what an average consumer is paying for a DVD and PS2 games, PS3 will start to become more mainstream.

That's when PS2 will finally be put to rest. So it can be as easy as 3 years if Sony decides to heavily push the PS3.

CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts
Why would anyone in there right mind stop selling something that's making them money. You don't through the baby out with the bath water. MS came out with the Xbox and they had a really good thing and could have kept making them and making good money with it. But instead they killed off the Xbox, dumb move on their part. Sony will keep the PS2 going to get their money back from it. When they come out with the PS4 they'll do the same thing with the PS3 as they are doing now for the PS2. Look at how long they kept the PS1 around after releasing the PS2.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

not that im against ps2 or nothing but I want sony to work more on the ps3. I want to see more games for ps3 and more updates etc. its time to leave the ps2 rest already. make the ps2 owners buy a ps3! thats if they are a true sony fan. jazuzu13

Exactly how is sony working on PS2 over PS3? Aside from the baseball and basketball game, what first party title is Sony working on for PS2?

The people who have the power to kill the PS2 are 3rd party developers. They are still making a ton of multiplat games. The only thing Sony has to worry about is making the PS2 hardware......which they are happy too since they make so much money from it.

god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts

PS3 vs Xbox 360

PS2 vs Wii

Nuff said.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Sony,themselves, aren't developing any new games for it are they? Their not keeping the system alive, money is. Its a cheap console with a crap load of good games. As far as i know almost all of sony's first party developers are working with either the PS3 or PSP. Sony might cut PS2 from the production line in 2010 but they(and by they i mean retail stores) will probably keep selling PS2 at least till 2012 with online retail selling it for who know how long. You can still get new PS1 and accesories and this is 2008.
ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts
let it die
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Umm I'd be surprised if it makes it passed 2009, let alone 2010.
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
i wonder if ppl still buy ps2? lol
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

i wonder if ppl still buy ps2? lolhxcpride

Oh yes they do. There have been reports that the PS2 even surpassed the PS3 in sales, during certain months.

Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
i bought a ps2 in june for my lil bro.
killercroc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killercroc12
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
no way to treat a good friend guys. Sure the graphics are outdated, but the PS2 was a damn good time. I think I'll hold on to mine until it spontaniously combusts at that ten year mark.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

they could have kept the xbox alive for third parties to make games for it. no they wanted as much of a year head start as they could. not letting xbox fans keep there xbox 1 alive so they had to buy a 360.

GARRYTH

more than 120 millions ps2 users ok? 20 millions is BIG difference.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Yup, the PS2 is on its deathbed. That's why at E3, the PS2 was talked about during Sony's presentation almost as much as the PS3 and PSP. The new Lego Batman PS2 bundle is a sure sign of the system's imminent death.

(rolls eyes)

EDIT: What does this have to do with the PS3 again?

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
they stated the fact that it has a 10 year life cycle many times. just like all their consoles.kreestoph
PS3 probably won't. Sony will definitely have to focus on PS4 or whatever when MS rolls out a new box in 2011 or 12.