2009 will be a great year for the psp ! we're back in busines and fron the dead.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D-RS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 D-RS
Member since 2009 • 2003 Posts
Little big planet , Assasin creed , motorstorm , and Rock band has been confirmed ! With Resistance retribution to be released next month and a new killzone had beeb rumored for the psp , And a new model that might look great also rumored . For the first time Sony has been loyal to it's word , the psp is finally back from the dead !
angusclone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 angusclone2
Member since 2008 • 1726 Posts
Im 85% with you on that. I truly am excite but the other 15% is those games might not be too good. I did jump out of my chair when I read the headline.:D
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
another killzone for psp?! that would be awesome! loved liberation, hope the rumor is true!
Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
Hmm... Maybe next year....
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
Why are we getting more games in 09 than we did in 08, back when the economy wasn't jacked??? This is great!!!
rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

another killzone for psp?! that would be awesome! loved liberation, hope the rumor is true!kweeni

Yeah me too! That was a great game.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Little big planet , Assasin creed , motorstorm , and Rock band has been confirmed ! With Resistance retribution to be released next month and a new killzone had beeb rumored for the psp , And a new model that might look great also rumored . For the first time Sony has been loyal to it's word , the psp is finally back from the dead !D-RS

and dont forget Square Enix games :D

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts

[QUOTE="D-RS"]Little big planet , Assasin creed , motorstorm , and Rock band has been confirmed ! With Resistance retribution to be released next month and a new killzone had beeb rumored for the psp , And a new model that might look great also rumored . For the first time Sony has been loyal to it's word , the psp is finally back from the dead !finalstar2007

yeah dissidia will be out before ya know it!
casper3343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 casper3343
Member since 2007 • 208 Posts
this is a great day for the psp
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="kweeni"]another killzone for psp?! that would be awesome! loved liberation, hope the rumor is true!rodney130

Yeah me too! That was a great game.

Is there a link for a new Killzone PSP game?

Slashfan10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Slashfan10
Member since 2008 • 1242 Posts
Rockband??
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
The PSP was far from dead even last year, there were a few really good titles throughout last year, you just didn't hear about them. Yggdra Union, Neverland Card Battles, Star Ocean 1...
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MorbidToaster
Oh, and just IMO. DJ Max will still be superior to Rock Band PSP.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Wasn't all this said before as well back in 08 when Metal Gear, God of War, Killzone came out??? I think some fanboys are getting ahead of themselves again. Let's wait and see how these turn out before we get too excited...
BC20FLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BC20FLY
Member since 2008 • 1672 Posts
Oh, and just IMO. DJ Max will still be superior to Rock Band PSP. MorbidToaster
Agree. Rockbands control scheme is straight off of DJ MAX
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Wasn't all this said before as well back in 08 when Metal Gear, God of War, Killzone came out??? I think some fanboys are getting ahead of themselves again. Let's wait and see how these turn out before we get too excited... feryl06
MGS and Killzone: Liberation did not come out in '08.
hameh93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hameh93
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts
They did say the same for 08 and it was a great year! Patapon, GoW, crisis core, Star Wars TFU. Those were the main games talked about and they were all amazing so if people are saying the same will happen with 09 then let it be.
Lobo_das_Neves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lobo_das_Neves
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

How could we? They and Monster Hunter keep PSP on business. Otherwise it would be just a hand full of ports every year. :)
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Okay, I'm a year off, but overall, I think every time we hear some great games coming out, there's usually a thread of how "THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE PSP". I'm just saying take it easy and let's see where this year takes us.
[QUOTE="feryl06"]Wasn't all this said before as well back in 08 when Metal Gear, God of War, Killzone came out??? I think some fanboys are getting ahead of themselves again. Let's wait and see how these turn out before we get too excited... Floppy_Jim
MGS and Killzone: Liberation did not come out in '08.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts
Persona and Hammerin Hero. Those games are going to be money. I'd be excited for Dissidia, but I have the Japanese version already.
isephiroth47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 isephiroth47
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
:D Cool
Just_asking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_asking

How about english releases?

Monster Hunter unite (2nd g), Tales of the world rm2, and Tenchu 4 too? Are these confirmed in '09?

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MorbidToaster
Persona and Hammerin Hero. Those games are going to be money. I'd be excited for Dissidia, but I have the Japanese version already.yokofox33
Hammerin' Hero...You're the only other person I met that even knows what it is. I've been playing the JP version for awhile now. Amazing game.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts
The PSP was never dead, and this will be a horrible year in general.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b2b34c3a42a1
Member since 2009 • 2436 Posts

I'm really glad the PSP is back and its funny how people are finnaly now, recognizing that the PSP was pretty dead a few months ago. I'm glad for this, but I just wish they would have spread these games out a bit rather than announcing them all at once but I guess they did this to show that the PSP is back.

But this is kind of an annoying thing for the forums here because now nobody talks about anything here expect upcoming games for psp and the next psp.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

and dont forget Square Enix games :D finalstar2007

.... Why? The only game that they developed for the PSP that could be consideed good is.... well, Crisis Core, and Tactics IF you count ports. All the other goods they just produced. All that they have left is Agito and if the story is actually good, Birth by Sleep.

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"] and dont forget Square Enix games :D -Oath

.... Why? The only game that they developed for the PSP that could be consideed good is.... well, Crisis Core, and Tactics IF you count ports. All the other goods they just produced. All that they have left is Agito and if the story is actually good, Birth by Sleep.

WHY did Square give them the Dragon Quest remakes? DQ8 looked marvelous, why didn't they try something like that with the PSP? If it were my call, I would have said 4-5-6 for ds, and 9 for PSP - that way the visuals wouldn't look inferior.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"] and dont forget Square Enix games :D motherboop

WHY did Square give them the Dragon Quest remakes? DQ8 looked marvelous, why didn't they try something like that with the PSP? If it were my call, I would have said 4-5-6 for ds, and 9 for PSP - that way the visuals wouldn't look inferior.

Money, money, money! Thats all its about, while DQ 9 wouldve sold probably just as good on the PSP S-E didnt wanna take any chances. Im not a graphics whore so I usually dont stress on visuals.... but I cant help to think how great DQ 9 wouldve looked on the PSP....

Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts
Wasn't all this said before as well back in 08 when Metal Gear, God of War, Killzone came out??? I think some fanboys are getting ahead of themselves again. Let's wait and see how these turn out before we get too excited... feryl06
yea but those games that u stated were AWESOME!!!
Fyrhtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fyrhtu
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
I'm already enjoying 2 huge so-called AAA titles, lets hope they make more even though I haven't finished most of it.. there's just too many and so little time, my friends. Study, game, enjoying society with people and companies that pollute the air.
Fyrhtu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fyrhtu
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
[QUOTE="feryl06"]Wasn't all this said before as well back in 08 when Metal Gear, God of War, Killzone came out??? I think some fanboys are getting ahead of themselves again. Let's wait and see how these turn out before we get too excited... Temps567
yea but those games that u stated were AWESOME!!!

... Everyone is entitled to their opinion, they're not awesome in my opinion but some.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts
Eh I only really care about Assassins creed (sorta) and Little Big Planet (sorta...)
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts

I'm already enjoying 2 huge so-called AAA titles, lets hope they make more even though I haven't finished most of it.. there's just too many and so little time, my friends. Study, game, enjoying society with people and companies that pollute the air.Fyrhtu

Whoa tiger, easy with droppin the "tripleA" bomb on us. I think we need to relax a little and see where this year actually takes us being the economy is in a major reccession here in the U.S.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]Persona and Hammerin Hero. Those games are going to be money. I'd be excited for Dissidia, but I have the Japanese version already.MorbidToaster
Hammerin' Hero...You're the only other person I met that even knows what it is. I've been playing the JP version for awhile now. Amazing game.

Is the Japanese version easy to follow? I live in Japan and can just go down the street to get it, but I'd obviously rather have the English version. The only reason I ask is because I have a long flight home coming up in April and would love to get it for the flight, but I doubt it will get to me before I leave. Would it be worth it to get the JPN version now, or just wait till I come home to get it and have it for the return flight? Thanks!

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#35 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
Sounds interesting so far. Good to have some cool games coming out this year!!
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MorbidToaster

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]Persona and Hammerin Hero. Those games are going to be money. I'd be excited for Dissidia, but I have the Japanese version already.yokofox33

Is the Japanese version easy to follow? I live in Japan and can just go down the street to get it, but I'd obviously rather have the English version. The only reason I ask is because I have a long flight home coming up in April and would love to get it for the flight, but I doubt it will get to me before I leave. Would it be worth it to get the JPN version now, or just wait till I come home to get it and have it for the return flight? Thanks!

The game isn't very deep in general, so you could probably follow it just fine. As far as it goes, you might as well wait for the English one...It's not far off, and it's releasing cheap. I'll be picking up the English one, just to really see what I've been playing. I don't speak enough Japanese to really follow a game. Great even if you can't understand a word of it.
noobeater55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 noobeater55
Isn't that what sony said last year? That ps3 would dominate? Just because ps3 is going to have assassins creed does not meen that it will succede. When you have 2 other choices (PC, xbox 360) then it will do nothing to sales. Unless ps3 has exclusive games then it will survive. Lol I think it is funny when people jump for joy when ps3 gets a port. and I have not seen too many ports on ps3 better than the xbox 360 or pc versions.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

^^^ What does the PS3 have to do with the PSP games coming out?

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MorbidToaster

Isn't that what sony said last year? That ps3 would dominate? Just because ps3 is going to have assassins creed does not meen that it will succede. When you have 2 other choices (PC, xbox 360) then it will do nothing to sales. Unless ps3 has exclusive games then it will survive. Lol I think it is funny when people jump for joy when ps3 gets a port. and I have not seen too many ports on ps3 better than the xbox 360 or pc versions.noobeater55
*facepalm* You fail...so hard right now... But you're right (without knowing it). Unless PSP gets good exclusives it would die. Good thing PSP has a ton of good exclusives coming out this year. Fool.

Parasite Eve

Disgaea 2 (It's a port, but with more content)

Dissidia

Loco Roco 2

Prinny

LittleBigPlanet

Motorstorm

Killzone (another one)

Phantasy Star Portable

Hammerin' Hero

Resistance

...And a few other really good titles, including the Persona remake. Sounds like a damn good line up to me.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
The PSP was far from dead even last year, there were a few really good titles throughout last year, you just didn't hear about them. Yggdra Union, Neverland Card Battles, Star Ocean 1...MorbidToaster
Well, I don't know if that would cut it for you. Not for me. Playing 3 games for a year? I never really liked them anyways. Well... Star Ocean 1 and 2 are fun but I didn't like any other games released this year.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 riariases
[QUOTE="motherboop"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

and dont forget Square Enix games :D finalstar2007

Touchscreen. Thats the bottom line. I would actually give up amazing visuals for touchscreen controls. Just my opinion but it makes the games really enjoyable. But look at Dragon Quest Monsters for the DS. Those graphics were amazing. They looked so much like the PS2 Dragon Quest 8 graphics. Think what they could do on the PSP if they can pull those off with the DS.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I wish they'd work with Level 5 on another SRPG.

Aentikraist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#43 Aentikraist
Member since 2004 • 368 Posts

ah who cares about rock band Parasite Eve 3!!!!!!!!! Duke Nukem trilogy Prinny star ocean second evolution Resistance Retribution AAAAAAAAAAAND guess whaaaaaaaaaaat Ready at dawn studios are prepping another GOOOOD OF WAAAAR for PSP sincei saw aninterview with them about they had a great success with god of war coo and Daxteri dont knowif sony itself or whatever asked them to make another god of war but daaaaaaaamn well anyway the new psp god of war game will be in the early 2010 for more info go to joystiq.com or something like i read that there . : )

Aentikraist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#44 Aentikraist
Member since 2004 • 368 Posts

damn my point didnt seem to beclear at the beginning i said who cares about rock band when the other great games i mentioned are coming.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 riariases

damn my point didnt seem to beclear at the beginning i said who cares about rock band when the other great games i mentioned are coming.

Aentikraist
Well either way, i'm not to excited about God Of War. Its a bit dull to me. The concept of moving from one scene to another just isn't so exciting. And it feels too easy at so many parts. Just a button mashing epidemic. And Prinny wasn't even that great. It was okay, but then again the only side-scrolling game i've ever remotely enjoyed were Super Mario titles. Daxter is actually one of the few games i've liked for the PSP. It's really hard to find an exciting title. But i'm looking forward to getting Star Ocean 2. Finally a good RPG with a basic leveling system. The PSP lacks my favorite kind of games. RPG's. So for the past while, i've been mauling over the daunting Valhalla Knights epic failure of a dungeon crawler. So much complaining. Can't wait 'til we're into 2009 some more. I can start playing my PSP as an actual game system again.
kmykL_optiOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kmykL_optiOn
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts

For me, I don't think my choice of systems ALWAYS have to do with the game selection. I just switched majors from biology to mechanical engineering; for those who doesn't know what that means, it translates to "I just lost my life."

So now I don't really find time to play console games, but since I can pull out the handhelds here and there, my psp is kept alive. I always liked the sleep feature on the handheld, and I'm sure I'll be playing a ton of psp this year. :)

optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 optiow
Member since 2008 • 28284 Posts
assasins cred you say? Also there have been romours about another God of war game for the PsP.