$20... Should I get Killzone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
      I have the money to buy the original Killzone. I was always intrested in that game but never really got to play it much, I never owned it my brother had it. I know it didn't get the best reviews but I also heard some people enjoyed it. I figured I should get it just to get a feel for the game since I'll be picking up Killzone 2 anyway. Do you guys think I should do it? (If you don't care to give me your opinion then don't post).
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Just rent it and blow through the campaign and save yourself a few bucks.

Erikwutaguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Erikwutaguy
Member since 2006 • 206 Posts
Well it's a mediocre title at best, but it is entertaining and worth $20. 
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

Just rent it and blow through the campaign and save yourself a few bucks.

Nike_Air

That's the thing, they didn't have it when I checked at Blockbuster. :(

el-tope-pr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 el-tope-pr
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

the campaing was pretty good i played offline with the computer and it was cool,then i played it online and its kinda fun but its not a game that will blow u away so if i were u id get it.i got mine for 12 bucks last year(its used cause they dint have it new)

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

I have the money to buy the original Killzone. I was always intrested in that game but never really got to play it much, I never owned it my brother had it. I know it didn't get the best reviews but I also heard some people enjoyed it. I figured I should get it just to get a feel for the game since I'll be picking up Killzone 2 anyway. Do you guys think I should do it? (If you don't care to give me your opinion then don't post).DA_B0MB

LOL...you could do  alot worse with 20 bks.

firestorm91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 firestorm91
Member since 2006 • 4538 Posts
Meh, IDK if it was just me but I rented it twice and I almost beat it the first time I rented it. Then about a year later I rented it again and then it was like HARD AS HELL and I couldn't get past the first level. I was so pissed, I just returned it. just get another game and rent it whenever it's in.
Cok_45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cok_45
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i think you should wait till the new one comes out and get it
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I would save the cash, or if you have a CD Warehouse around your area then you can pick up a used copy for under $10.
9thwardice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 9thwardice
Member since 2006 • 856 Posts
yeah i never played the original but i heard it was fn so imgonna just wait till the new one comes out so i dont ruin the anticipation
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hi_rev_kev
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts
I real like Killzone. The campaign has one of the best fps stories to date. You can choose from four different characters to play through it with, each with their own specialties, which adds more replay value then most games. If you've got 3 mates then you can jam on one of the best offline multiplayer games around. 20 buks is a steal. I don't understand why people don't like Killzone. I think it's frickin sweet
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
I've got the original Killzone, is a pretty solid FPS. I wouldn't pay 20 to get it though... If you find it cheaper else where, then get it. :P
dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3081 Posts
stay far away from the original, its a terrible game. I was curious too because the new one looks so good, but the first one is crap. I got it at game xchange so it was only $15, but it is a game I wish I had never played. Hopefully the new one will be nothing like that one.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
I think you should get it. IMO its worth the 20bucks and I found it way more fun then HALO yea I said it and what. The online is fun to,but im not sure if alot of people still play it now online. So if I was you pick it up.
winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
i bought it used and loved it! but maybe just me. Great atmosphere and animations in first person view! Long campaign different playable carracters. Multyplayer online and offline! IDK man i really really liked it but i also hated halo!  
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

I say get it.  It's only 20 bucks, and the game is very cool, despites its bugs.  The atmosphere and settings were great and teh multiplayer was very fun.  The beachhead and park terminal were very fun mp maps, even with just bots.

Really, the only problems with the game are the minor bugs that pop up.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

So much negativity. I wish i bought the game when i had the chance. I remember renting it and loving it. I didnt really go online than so i didnt hear anything bad about the game. It was very fun and i loved being able to choose from 3 people because the game played out different with whoever you played with. Its pretty realistic, reloading takes a little bit of time compared to games like resistance.

I say buy it, its great fun.

shuriken_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shuriken_ninja
Member since 2006 • 1161 Posts
i would its a cool game
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#19 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

Well it's a mediocre title at best, but it is entertaining and worth $20. Erikwutaguy

Really? I loved it......

I think you should rent it though if you can find it first, since it's just pretty much campaign. Or I guess go buy it. 

GamerPro_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerPro_2
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
No, don't get it. First off, not the best game, second off, you can get a dub sack instead :P
mugwuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mugwuffin
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
I never played the first one but i did play the psp one and it sucked, it got good reviews but a bit crap in my opinion. i really dont see its appeal at freakin all, well most fps there pretty predictalbe except rfom.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
i was also wondering this as i too am going to buy it. i have one question tho. do you have to play part one if you want to appretiate and understand kilzone for the ps3?
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hi_rev_kev
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

i was also wondering this as i too am going to buy it. i have one question tho. do you have to play part one if you want to appretiate and understand kilzone for the ps3?SikKwuN
Shouldn't have to. Although it might pay to, but I wouldn't think it's a big deal, seen as I have played through the first one.

I was wondering the same thing with Liberation for PSP

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

[QUOTE="SikKwuN"]i was also wondering this as i too am going to buy it. i have one question tho. do you have to play part one if you want to appretiate and understand kilzone for the ps3?hi_rev_kev

Shouldn't have to. Although it might pay to, but I wouldn't think it's a big deal, seen as I have played through the first one.

I was wondering the same thing with Liberation for PSP

thanks for the reply, im definately gunna buy part one then. sorry but i ahve no answer for your question about liberation.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts
You should get it but not for 20 bucks. Find it used man, it's a good FPS.
Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts
I'd say it's a good value, the game is quite long and there are multiple characters, as well as offline (with bots) and online (don't know if the servers are still up or how many people play, I never tried it.) multiplayer.