Zombie games for PS3?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thrazor (367 posts) -

Seriously I feel like we're getting left out on all of the zombie titles that're coming out. Is it just me or do all of the other zombie games seem to only go for Xbox 360 and PC?

1. Dead Rising - 360

2. Left 4 Dead - 360, PC

3. Island of the Dead - 360, PC

I mean come on seriously, the RE series started out on the original Playstation in 1996, but now it's being shown off more on the 360? Wtf? No offense to the 360, but come on, Capcom,give us something!

#2 Posted by iamshivy (3565 posts) -
ta i know what you mean,,
#3 Posted by APOLLOCJD (2311 posts) -
If you want zombie games, you know where to find them.
#4 Posted by WiiFreak77 (1291 posts) -
^ Are you talking about the 360 or Resident Evil or something?
#5 Posted by Thrazor (367 posts) -

I'm not going to go out and pay $300 for one zombie game on the 360, I'm getting L4D on the PC but I'm just saying it'd be nice if we could get something every once in a while.

#6 Posted by PS360Fanboy (2096 posts) -
If people want a Zombie game they get a 360 it's not playstations theme to do zombie game's
#7 Posted by G-Legend (7294 posts) -
We already have a zombie game...:roll:...it's called RESISTANCE....well I guess if you overlook the fact that they move faster than zombies and have guns you could consider them Zombies? :lol:
#8 Posted by Thrazor (367 posts) -

We already have a zombie game...:roll:...it's called RESISTANCE....well I guess if you overlook the fact that they move faster than zombies and have guns you could consider them Zombies? :lol:G-Legend

lolno

#9 Posted by dewmandew7 (4152 posts) -
I suppose if you're into zombie games, you're out of luck... I'm not much of a fan, so whatever.
#10 Posted by Thrazor (367 posts) -

If people want a Zombie game they get a 360 it's not playstations theme to do zombie game'sPS360Fanboy

Not Playstation's theme? They pretty much started the whole survival horror genre of video games.

Where was the Xbox when the PSone was sporting games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, etc? Was RE not started on the Playstation? Is RE not a zombie game? Sorry but that doesn't make sense.

I'm just glad I can still play most games on the PC. Don't get me wrong though, I'll eventually get a 360 but I'm just ranting...I want more Playstation zombie games :(

#11 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

You want a zombie game?

Put any game on it's easiest diffficulty.:D

#12 Posted by dewmandew7 (4152 posts) -

[QUOTE="PS360Fanboy"]If people want a Zombie game they get a 360 it's not playstations theme to do zombie game'sThrazor

Not Playstation's theme? They pretty much started the whole survival horror genre of video games.

Where was the Xbox when the PSone was sporting games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, etc? Was RE not started on the Playstation? Is RE not a zombie game? Sorry but that doesn't make sense.

I'm just glad I can still play most games on the PC. Don't get me wrong though, I'll eventually get a 360 but I'm just ranting...I want more Playstation zombie games :(

Yeah, PSone.

PSone was released how many years ago, hm...?

That was a couple generations ago. :-P

Basically, if you want to play zombie games, buy a 360 instead of ranting.

#13 Posted by kenshinhimura16 (7009 posts) -

Seriously I feel like we're getting left out on all of the zombie titles that're coming out. Is it just me or do all of the other zombie games seem to only go for Xbox 360 and PC?

1. Dead Rising - 360

2. Left 4 Dead - 360, PC

I mean come on seriously, the RE series started out on the original Playstation in 1996, but now it's being shown off more on the 360? Wtf? No offense to the 360, but come on, Capcom,give us something!

Thrazor

How about RE 0 or REmake? They were never on PS2. Its Capcom way of acting, they go with the consoles they like

#14 Posted by rav44 (1335 posts) -

I know that the3 i am going to name aren't exclusive, but they are zombie games....

1. Dead Space

2. Resident Evil 5

3. Jericho (sort of zombies.)

i don't own a PS3 but am confident that i will before christmas, i would like some zombie games too. i own a 360 and wii and the only zombie game i havefor games for the both of them is resident evil 4. i am thinking about getting the umbrella chronicles, but i'm not very fond of light gun shooters on rails.

#15 Posted by rav44 (1335 posts) -
Resident evil started out for nintendo. used to always be exclusive.
#16 Posted by The_Tombo (3537 posts) -

Resident evil started out for nintendo. used to always be exclusive.rav44

wait... resident evil one was pc and Ps1 right?.. so how can it have started on nintendo ?

#17 Posted by whodeysay85 (3237 posts) -
Wait for Resident Evil 5. It will probably be the best zombie game since its predecessor.
#18 Posted by kenshinhimura16 (7009 posts) -

[QUOTE="rav44"]Resident evil started out for nintendo. used to always be exclusive.The_Tombo

wait... resident evil one was pc and Ps1 right?.. so how can it have started on nintendo ?

RE 1 was almost on every console lol, even on the GB. RE2 was on the N64 too. RE3 was on the DC and NGC. Most of the RE games, if not all were on the PC too. Even DMC and Onimusha went to the PC. Capcom has never been strong on the Exclusive stuff

#19 Posted by Silent_Bullet (92 posts) -

If people want a Zombie game they get a 360 it's not playstations theme to do zombie game'sPS360Fanboy

I beg to differ, Resident Evil.

#20 Posted by LittleYoshi (1489 posts) -

1. Dead Rising - 360

2. Left 4 Dead - 360, PC

Thrazor

maybe.....just maybe dead rising is coming to the PS3..............I forgot, but I heard some coming (I don't know the name) is making a zombie game for the PS3 and the 360.........you become a zombie and you control a whole zombie army to infected the world.....(just like destroy all humans)

#21 Posted by The_Tombo (3537 posts) -
[QUOTE="Thrazor"]

1. Dead Rising - 360

2. Left 4 Dead - 360, PC

LittleYoshi

maybe.....just maybe dead rising is coming to the PS3..............I forgot, but I heard some coming (I don't know the name) is making a zombie game for the PS3 and the 360.........you become a zombie and you control a whole zombie army to infected the world.....(just like destroy all humans)

or stubbs the zombie baby Yeah

#22 Posted by Thrazor (367 posts) -

Thanks for the replies everyone, and no, RE started out on the Playstation, not the GC.

I have all of the RE games (even on GC) and I'm going to be picking up my copy of Umbrella Chronicles on Wednesday.

The only way I would flat out purchase a 360 would be if an exclusive Resident Evil game game out for that system, otherwise I'll wait and hope that Dead Rising is released on the PS3.

#23 Posted by lostsoulsofmn (355 posts) -

yeah, i heard something about that game way long time ago as well. i think there is a wikipedia article on it, ill go look

#24 Posted by lostsoulsofmn (355 posts) -

the game is called Possession. In it, you are a special zomibe called the Enslaver that can take control of other zombies and control a massive zombie army to take out the last great human city. And you can get different types of zombies and upgrade them. and when you take control of them, you go into a first person mode. and the multiplayer looks awesome because it pits one Enslaver against a ton of human players who are all in FPS mode and have to fight off the enslavers hordes. It looks totally amazing, but it is close to being cancelled because Voltile Games cant find a publisher. heres the websites for the information:

http://www.youhavebeenpossessed.com/

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_(video_game)

8)

#25 Posted by LatusItani (691 posts) -
Well, see that Lost Planet is being relesed for the PS3, maybe Capcom will follow suite with Dead Rising (my favorite game on my roomie's 360).
#26 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

Well, see that Lost Planet is being relesed for the PS3, maybe Capcom will follow suite with Dead Rising (my favorite game on my roomie's 360).LatusItani
Well apparently DR 2 has a good chance of going multiplat.:D

Man why couldn't they bring over Dead Rising to the PS3 instead of Lost Planet.:(

#27 Posted by 00Raziel00 (1221 posts) -
A new Silent Hill is coming out thats about it.
#28 Posted by Rethnate (2 posts) -
Left 4 Dead is coming to the ps3 in march 2009
#29 Posted by zaid55 (1132 posts) -
Buy Resistance 2! The Grims are sort of like Zombies except alot faster. Also COD WAW has Nazi Zombies in it.
#31 Posted by Silent-Hal (9795 posts) -
Numerous games on the PS3 have variations on the traditional zombie, Alone In The Dark and Dead Space for example, for if you're looking for slow, shambling traditional zombies then you're looking in the wrong place. They've become a reasonably boring enemy to fight, being too slow to be of any real threat with new control schemes.
#32 Posted by xmitchconnorx (2649 posts) -

Burn Zombie Burn! looks like alot of zombie filled fun.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/11/07/burn-zombie-burn-eating-psn-next-year/

#33 Posted by Elitheos (111 posts) -
Dead Rising and Left4Dead will be coming to the PS3, it's just a matter of time. Then there is of course RE5 which will be here soon. Dead Space is great, that's a zombie game no doubt about it.
#34 Posted by havokmaster (4304 posts) -
TBH, the killer platform for Zombie games is Wii...RE4, RE-UC, House Of The Dead, Dead Rising... But thats beside the point...Theres a few survival horrors available like, Siren and Silent Hill...
#35 Posted by signore (2122 posts) -

the only 360 game I really want for PS3 is dead rising.. and its made my capcom, who are not loyal to anybody. The only reason we dont have it is because our console wasnt out yet, and that just plain blows.

Id also want Fable 2, looks kinda like youre playing as a hobbit in the shire/LOTR universe which seems awesome. 

Eff Gears and Halo

#36 Posted by jt4mtb (2352 posts) -
How ironic... a zombie thread from 2007 that's about... zombies...
#37 Posted by BaraChat (3144 posts) -
What's with Zombies people like so much? I agree it's fun. But zombie games are mostly shooters, so any shooter should do the trick, no? Unless you're like me and you're not fond of WWII games and such.