Your Thoughts On The Walking Dead Episodes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Habsrule31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Habsrule31
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts
I just traded in some games today (mostly sports) and I ended up picking up The Walking Dead Episodes on disc. Was this a good purchase? I did some research on it a while back and it looked quite good. What was everybody's thoughts on the game? I also ended up picking up the first Resistance game because I have played the third one and I enjoyed it a lot.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
its not for everyone but i found it amazing great story and characters and its a game where choices matter unlike other games where they claim choices matter but don't also from what i heard the retail version is a little buggy and has lag problems.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Everyone flips there sh*t over them. It has some good characters that you can feel for although it can be somewhat slow/dull from a gameplay perspective. Hopefully they fixed the glitches where save data isn't recognized; however, that seems to be prominent in the PC version. Personally I was liking them a great deal before my save wasn't detected and I had to play through the game (ep1-3) again. Part of what make the games great is not knowing what's going to happen. If you replay them all shock is lost and it's just tedious sitting through cutscene after cutscene that you've already seen for 9 hours.
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

I bought it on sale few weeks ago, and absolutely loved it. Got really attached to the characters and storyline. 

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
its not for everyone but i found it amazing great story and characters and its a game where choices matter unlike other games where they claim choices matter but don't also from what i heard the retail version is a little buggy and has lag problems.elbert_b_23
I assume you're talking about Mass Effect. I would say they are on par with choice consequence. Besides conversations most actions don't affect how the story unfolds.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I enjoyed it. It was well worth the $9 I paid for it. But I must agree it's not a game for everyone.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
i absolutely loved it. Got really attached to the characters and storyline. CommanderShiro
Same here
Azzurri22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Azzurri22
Member since 2011 • 168 Posts

The wife and I really loved it too, great story and characterisation. Although, as mentioned above, probably not for everyone.

BigBangTheory_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BigBangTheory_
Member since 2013 • 181 Posts
its a great game with a great story. trust me, youre gonna enjoy this one
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Both me and my wife enjoyed it quite a bit, looking forward to the Season 2. 

Try the Walking Dead TV series, not bad either.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I enjoyed it. It was well worth the $9 I paid for it. But I must agree it's not a game for everyone.

Terrencec06

You got the entire first season for $9? Where?

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

As far as the game goes, I didn't think it is as good as everyone says it is, but it is a decent game will likely end up getting it eventually. As for the Show I can't say since I haven't seen any of the episodes yet and likely won't. As for the Resistance games so far I like Resistance 3 the best haven't played 2 yet and have Fall of Man.

EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts

it's one of the best games I played last year.  I've been looking forward to season 2 ever since I finished it.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
The way I look at games these days is usually "Is it worth my time?" and this game was. Not perfect but still told a good story and gave you ways to make the game your own.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i was thinking of getting this cuz i literally have nothing else to play that interests me. i was wondering, how long is the game? like everything all the episodes. everyone keeps saying this is the best game ever and it looks more like an interactive movie or something? what kind of game is this? like is there any actual gameplay or is it all like look around and click stuff? i don't really get the format

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

StrongBlackVine

You got the entire first season for $9? Where?

PS Plus member and it went on sell a while back.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Amazing game but those who want non stop action won't like it. It's about story, character development and sucking you into the world itself forcing you to make decisions that could result in a number of different things including people dying. If you want an action game, it's not for you.