Your thoughts on Infamous SS

#1 Posted by tigertomas (23 posts) -

Hi.

If you were to rate the latest installment from 1-10, what would you give it? Thanks.

#2 Posted by freedom01 (679 posts) -

I would give it a 8/10, The game is fun and graphics are great, but the main story is quite short, and the small missions are very repetitious.

#3 Posted by donalbane (16342 posts) -

I give it an 8.5. I beat it yesterday, so it's not super long, but the powers, controls (particularly the innovative use of the DualShock 4), graphics, and writing was the best in the series. Navigating the world in particular has been improved immensely. So it's fun, but it's no GOTY or anything like that. I recommend it mostly because there's nothing else to play on PS4. I had hoped there would be more powers.

One of the neatest elements is the paper trail side quest line. I highly recommend anyone who owns the game create an account at the game's site. It's really fun.

#4 Posted by marcheegsr (2718 posts) -

I have been playing the Infamous series all month. Beat 1 and than part 2, started on Second son this morning. It's defiantly better than Infamous 2 by miles, and I would say it's up there with the first Infamous if not better since its a current gen game.

Spent about 3-4 hours in total playing today. So far I give it a 8.5/10. Love the graphics, powers, and sleek controls. I can't comment on the story too much yet because I have been doing all of the district take overs and finding blast shards, audio logs, etc.

I actually don't mind the main character. Cole was awesome but this guy fills his shoes nicely.

#5 Posted by dalger21 (1134 posts) -

I would give it this other thread that already has been made about this....Next time actually look before posting.

#6 Posted by tigertomas (23 posts) -

@dalger21 said:

I would give it this other thread that already has been made about this....Next time actually look before posting.

Sorry, I must have missed that one, cause I was looking for a similar thread before creating this one.

#7 Edited by Bigboi500 (29899 posts) -

@tigertomas said:

Hi.

If you were to rate the latest installment from 1-10, what would you give it? Thanks.

An 8 because it's so fun and polished. I noticed a lot of re-used set pieces from Infamous 2 though, and a lot of the game design and structure was the same.

I thought the characters and powers were very superior to previous entries, and the pacing was superb.

Overall I'm a little disappointed that it didn't offer more, but still a very enjoyable game.

#8 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6088 posts) -

Nearly finished it, and yeah, about a 7 or maybe 8 is fair. Quite a polished game, and overall pretty fun. Definitely worth a buy.

#9 Posted by sukraj (22775 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Nearly finished it, and yeah, about a 7 or maybe 8 is fair. Quite a polished game, and overall pretty fun. Definitely worth a buy.

Glad that u are enjoying the game bruv.

#11 Posted by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

id say 8/10 right now.. im probally about half way through now. very pretty game, powers are awesome especially the neon stuff. def worth a buy and its an easy platinum trophy to add :)

#12 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2677 posts) -

5/10 max

Mindblowing graphics .This is the best looking open world game i have ever seen and that's about it,the rest are meh.The story is forgettable and short and the gameplay is tedious and repetitive.

Finished it once and don't plan to play it again just like the previous infamous games.

#13 Posted by abjot2003 (335 posts) -

9/10 gameplay, graphics, story are well done. Also the Powers are absolutely amazing... video power FTW