your opinion: Firmware 3.10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very disappointed in the latest firmware update. I mean, its cool that you can change your profile color and everything, but this new firmware seems to be so glitchy and its really starting to bug me. As soon as it came out, tons of threads about trophy problems have been popping up everywhere. I am sure this is from this firmware since it also started happening to me right when i downloaded it. Many other problems have been centered around 3.10 also.

So, now that I have shared my views on the subject, what do all of you guys think about the latest update? Do you like it? Do you wish you could go to an older firmware? What do you think?

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

the only problem im having is my freaking controller wont connect to my PS3! it just keeps blinking...

and now that you mention it i also am having problems with my trophie list.. everytime the trophie sync gets to like 60% i get an error (but i could'nt care less about that problem)

yentlequible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yentlequible
Member since 2009 • 2620 Posts

the only problem im having is my freaking controller wont connect to my PS3! it just keeps blinking...

and now that you mention it i also am having problems with my trophie list.. everytime the trophie sync gets to like 60% i get an error (but i could'nt care less about that problem)

LP4EVA2005

I may be able to help with your controller. Have you tried the reset button on the back?... Turn everything off, then turn just the system on and not the controller. Now, hit the reset button with a paper clip. Once the ps3 is up and running, plug your usb cable into the controller without turning the controller on. Once its plugged in, turn the controller on. You should now be able to unplug your controller and have it synced.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]

yentlequible
I may be able to help with your controller. Have you tried the reset button on the back?... Turn everything off, then turn just the system on and not the controller. Now, hit the reset button with a paper clip. Once the ps3 is up and running, plug your usb cable into the controller without turning it on. Once its plugged in turn the controller on. You should now be able to unplug your controller and have it synced.

ok, thanks. im going to try that right now.
Stigmatist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stigmatist
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts
3.10 Prevented the DS3 from Syncing with my Slim. This fixed the problem and hasn't show up since: (can't remember if the usb was plugged in or not...) 1. Turn on your PS3 system using the power button on the PS3 console, NOT on the controller. 2. When the PS3 turns on and the PS3 logo shows up on the screen, hit the PS button on the controller. The controller will sync with no problem. Other than that - Facebook... meh. Color Choice for whatever - Nice touch but small selection and kinda weak.
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

LP4EVA2005
I had both of these problems. I finally got my trophies to sync when I was gaming late a night (low traffic probably). As for the controller issue I had it yesterday for all my controllers. I just shut off my ps3 using the button on the front, then turned it on by pressing the PS button on my controller. After that all my controllers worked wirelessly again.
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

I honestly can't understand why people make so much of a fuss outta this trophy thing, I really wish none of these "achievement" faetures were even conceived. Yes it's an issue and it should be addressed, but not to the point where people are literally desperate for help and/or make it priority number one, it's not like the console's damaged. Whatever happened to playing video games for fun?

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Meh. I haven't had any problems but the update hasn't really done much for me at all.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I don't know but this firmware actually fixed the trophy list problems i was having.

The colours are an ok addition.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
The Trophy colors were already in 3.01... but the controller synching issues I keep hearing and reading about from fellow users is having me want to keep away from it for a while. But annoyingly, I fear that I may be forced into updating just to access the PS store (just like I was with 3.01). Has Sony made 3.10 a required updated to access the PS Store?
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

It sucked.

Networking issues and Trophy errors.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aero5555

Has Sony made 3.10 a required updated to access the PS Store?codezer0

Unfortunately yes.

zkeymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 zkeymon
Member since 2009 • 413 Posts

controllers wouldn't sync for a while then trophies wouldn't sync but now everything works again so i point the finger at the firmware since everything messed up right after downloading it

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
free stuff people
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#15 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

[QUOTE="yentlequible"][QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]

LP4EVA2005

I may be able to help with your controller. Have you tried the reset button on the back?... Turn everything off, then turn just the system on and not the controller. Now, hit the reset button with a paper clip. Once the ps3 is up and running, plug your usb cable into the controller without turning it on. Once its plugged in turn the controller on. You should now be able to unplug your controller and have it synced.

ok, thanks. im going to try that right now.

Let us know if it worked

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Aero5555

free stuff peopleEazy1891

Free when you update? What exactly's free? I haven't updated but will soon because I need some DJ Hero DLC.

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 robertmac_33
Member since 2004 • 849 Posts

facebook "integration" is kinda cool and kinda **** and pointless at the same time. has anyone tried using facebook on the PS3 browser...does not work!!! you would think that they could chage the borwser settings so you could at least leave a comment etc...

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I like the way photos now have a grid display instead of the the single column they had before. Other than that, I don't care about any of the new stuff. Haven't had any problems.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i realized that for some odd reason the controllers won't get recognized by the ps3 if you shut down the system by pressing the power button on the ps3 (i have a slim one along with the 3.10 update)... the remedy of this is quite simple, you do not have to reset the controllers, just turn the ps3 off and unplug the electricity cable (since the slim does not have an off switch at the back) and then plug it back in (i wait for 10 seconds to be sure)... after this all of your controllers work again wirelessly, strange but this is what i found out by trial and error... :)

Sheena321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sheena321
Member since 2006 • 7489 Posts
Meh, im not even gonna bother downloading it, its of no use to me anyway, 3.00 knocked out my connection. I dont need any more problems and it seems a pretty useless update to me anyway.
Avatar image for deactivated-6376e969dddd8
deactivated-6376e969dddd8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6376e969dddd8
Member since 2002 • 323 Posts

LP4EVA2005

I thought it was just me! I hope Sony fixes that problem with the next release.