wow ps3 commercials are awsome !!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fadixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fadixon
Member since 2005 • 762 Posts
http://www.playb3yond.com/
i cant stop watching these commercials lol
elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts

the one with the baby laughing is kewl and scary

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Lol the only one that actually advertised the PS3 effectively was the Resistance commercial.  My girl is a communications major and says that the entire Play B3yond ad campaign makes 0 sense.  I tend to trust her on such things as my knowledge of advertising involves staring wide eyed as a PS3 solves a Rubics cube and then makes it explode.

She has a point though, watching the machine make said rubics cube explode didn't make me want one..........The Resistance commercial did though.  That was some hot stuff :).
Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Paper_Knife
Member since 2006 • 1592 Posts
those were cool.
thedarkomen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedarkomen
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
It makes no sense, so you will buy the product so you can make sense of it.
Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marduke382
Member since 2005 • 1328 Posts
The one with the evil baby doll was odd to say the least. lol  I like the wtf factor though.
SimpsonFan0505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 SimpsonFan0505
Member since 2006 • 1533 Posts
They are really cool.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I think they're okay, the best ones though that are great are the Sixaxis, the Resistance one and the Ooze one that shows a ton of games. And my brother also told me some people painted a rubix cube and blew it up and tried to see if it would paint a white room just like in the PS3 Commercial which was pretty funny.
yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts
Sony knows how to do advertising, after watching any one of those adds i wanted to by ANOTHER PS3 LOL... everything they are doing is awesome. so just because some people are way behind doesn't mean Sony is off target, other people need to catch up to were Sony is at, and going.
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
They are kind of dumb to me.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
They will start getting better once the games like lair & heavenly sword start hitting the market. I'm pretty sure lair's commercial will be reall theatrical.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

They will start getting better once the games like lair & heavenly sword start hitting the market. I'm pretty sure lair's commercial will be reall theatrical.MusashiSensi

Yep, once more games come out you'll see game commercials.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

Lol the only one that actually advertised the PS3 effectively was the Resistance commercial.  My girl is a communications major and says that the entire Play B3yond ad campaign makes 0 sense.  I tend to trust her on such things as my knowledge of advertising involves staring wide eyed as a PS3 solves a Rubics cube and then makes it explode.

She has a point though, watching the machine make said rubics cube explode didn't make me want one..........The Resistance commercial did though.  That was some hot stuff :).
TheSystemLord1

The PS3's commercials seem to follow the rules of "make it weird, make an impression, and make it stay." I remember that a long time ago, I think it was on T.V, that it was made known the mystery behind bizarre advertisements. On T.V (again, if it WAS on T.V) ppl gave an example of a magazine, where there was a pic of a fashion model with THREE legs, advertising for a perfume or somethin. This oddity was to help the perfume franchise's name stick out, because ppl will always remember "that weird picture," and in the end remember the name of that perfume franchise's name. The idea was really clever and idiotic at the same time. It will prove to be more clever than idiotic if those advertisements actually did what they were meant to do: make those odd images stick in your head. These commercials, for the PS3, probably did what they were meant to do, because whenever ppl talk about the PS3, they always bring up "that crazy commercial"...and whenever pll talk about that weird commercial with teh crying robotic baby, they all of a sudden say, "Oh yeah! I remember now, that was for teh PS3!" Some ppl still say that, if the topic was brought up in a conversation.

Crazy, eh?

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
I want them to bring back the good old PS1 ads. The classics, the Irish Alien Chick, The 30minute Gameplay marathons etc
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
those were pretty cool actually lol
bondps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 bondps3
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

i wish they showed more game commercials u now. like maybe a killzone teaser or MGS4 later this year. something taht will show off the system.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

PS3 commercials pwn!

nish14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nish14
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

http://www.playb3yond.com/
i cant stop watching these commercials lol
Fadixon

: |   ...dude u gotta be kiddin me, not sayin anything bad about the system but its commercials jus suck. so weird n make no sense. pretty bad marketing campaign IMO.

nexusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nexusprime
Member since 2004 • 877 Posts

What would make it more awesome is *confirmation* that all aspects of those commercials were processed and rendered using the cell. For all I know they could have used a regular ol' desktop PC or Mac.