Would I enjoy Dark Souls 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Being an old school gamer, I really enjoy harder games. I liked Demon's Souls, but hated Dark Souls.

Dark Souls felt very really clunky when it came to rolling and dodging enemy attacks. It was like everytime I rolled, I fell off a effing cliff. It just p!ssed me off to no end.

So, I enjoy harder games. I don't mind dieing when I deserve it. I love finding loot, finding rare items, leveling my dude up my way ect. Would I enjoy Dark Souls 2?

And is Dark Souls 2 more open with it's game world? Dark Souls 1 felt very constricted.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ristactionjakso:

Its not open world but it doesn't babysit you and tell you were to go, is that what you mean by "more open"? you the player has to figure out that part.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

you seem very specific so its hard to say. id say its worth just for the fact that you enjoy really hard games like that, and the souls games are pretty much the only ones that have that these days. unless you count playing other games on hard mode.

its open world kinda like the first one was. its all connected like a maze kinda but its not open world like a skyrim type rpg or something. that is something i didn't like about dark souls 2 (i haven't finished playing it yet though). after playing dark souls 1 i was hoping they would stray away from that corridor small area type of gameplay but so far it seems like they did the opposite.

and as for the rolling i'm not sure but i think theres a lot of factors that contribute to the speed of your roll like stats and equipment weight etc. and yeah theres tons of loot and secrets to get just like any rpg and of course theres the online mode that will just abuse you even more.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#4 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

@idunnodude said:

you seem very specific so its hard to say. id say its worth just for the fact that you enjoy really hard games like that, and the souls games are pretty much the only ones that have that these days. unless you count playing other games on hard mode.

its open world kinda like the first one was. its all connected like a maze kinda but its not open world like a skyrim type rpg or something. that is something i didn't like about dark souls 2 (i haven't finished playing it yet though). after playing dark souls 1 i was hoping they would stray away from that corridor small area type of gameplay but so far it seems like they did the opposite.

and as for the rolling i'm not sure but i think theres a lot of factors that contribute to the speed of your roll like stats and equipment weight etc. and yeah theres tons of loot and secrets to get just like any rpg and of course theres the online mode that will just abuse you even more.

Hmm so it's still just a corridor game? I was kinda hoping they would make it not open world, but expand the environments a bit. Dark Souls 1 kinda p!ssed me off because I felt like I was fighting on ledges the whole game, and if not on a ledge, then I was in a hallway. Ehh, probably gonna wait until it goes down in price maybe. Thanks.

Manatu_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Manatu_Bear
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Its not linear. There are many optional areas. It sorts of follows Dks1 progress route. Kill 4 bosses in any order, then follow a bit of linear path, then go back and do new areas (very simplistic way to see things, since there are 31 bosses in Dks2).