Would a used PS4 Killzone bundle sell? And for how much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TrueSith66
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts

I planned to sell my PS4 from the get-go and buy another one next year when they get all the kinks sorted out and when there is a bigger games library, but the box has been sitting here and I realized that I really want to open it and play Killzone.

So my question is... if I use it for a week, package it back up and sell it on eBay, will it sell? Or do people only want it new? And how much could I sell it for? How much value is lost as soon as I open the box and turn the console on? I am seeing listings on ebay for $625, but I doubt that it will sell at this price (being used afterall).

Thanks!

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I would say $500. Im sure if the price is right people will buy it even if it is used. If it was unopened.. $550-600

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrueSith66

@marcheegsr: Well this is the bundle. I'd be selling it with the used console and Killzone game, but unused codes (PS Plus). I bought it for $550 after tax, and I know the new Killzone bundles are going on ebay for ~$650-$675, but I have no idea of it's value "like new." It would really drop that low?

Jipset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jipset
Member since 2008 • 2410 Posts

@TrueSith66 said:

@marcheegsr: Well this is the bundle. I'd be selling it with the used console and Killzone game, but unused codes (PS Plus). I bought it for $550 after tax, and I know the new Killzone bundles are going on ebay for ~$650-$675, but I have no idea of it's value "like new." It would really drop that low?

It would probably drop a bit because early adopters want to open unopened boxes.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I think people are out of their minds to be any used console especially when the buyer can't get a warranty.

It was a big mistake to open the system box and the game just to try Killzone.... And then immediately try to sell it..... You probably lost about $150 compared to if you just kept the system and the game in the brand new package and then sold them.

TrueSith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TrueSith66

@BH14 said:

I think people are out of their minds to be any used console especially when the buyer can't get a warranty.

It was a big mistake to open the system box and the game just to try Killzone.... And then immediately try to sell it..... You probably lost about $150 compared to if you just kept the system and the game in the brand new package and then sold them.

Well the good news is that I actually haven't done it yet. Even so, I probably won't be able to sell the console and game new in box for $550 (to break even), so maybe my best bet is to return it...