Working Drivers for PS3 Controller....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dooguesgoober4 (333 posts) -
I was browsing google the other day trying to find some way to be able to use the SixaxiS on PC games and I have found it...

I am not sure if anyone here has posted this but I have found it great to be able to play games like Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R. on my PC.  I was actually planning on buying both for the PS3 but since I have found this I don't think i'll be buying them for the PS3 because obviously the PC will have better graphics!!!

For those wanting to know how to do this, here you go:
1. Download and unpack this file -- PS3 Sixaxis Driver.
2. Plug in the SixaxiS via USB.
3. Install the filter driver (libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1.exe)
4. Run the SixaxiS driver file -- ps3sixaxis_en.exe -- just once.
5. Press the PS button on your controller and you should be ready to play.

I have, so far, gotten the controller to work with just FEAR and Half-Life 2 with fantastic results.  The only downside is no tilty support but this is a great way to play these games just like if you were going to buy them for the PS3.

You still need to configure all the buttons and axis manually though but if anyone would like to know how to do it for the two games mentioned, I will be more than willing to supply you with a .cfg file or a description of how to use it.

Have fun and happy gaming!
#2 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
I would love to be able to play WoW with a controller but I can't map the buttons with my current PS2 adapter.
#3 Posted by dooguesgoober4 (333 posts) -
Why not?

With the SixaxiS though its pretty simple, I dunno about the PS2 adaptors though.  Is it driver problems or what?  Maybe the PS3 drivers could help with that?
#4 Posted by LoboSolo (1136 posts) -
Pretty cool. They may lock this thread though.
#5 Posted by dooguesgoober4 (333 posts) -
Why would they lock it?
#6 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
I'm guessing it's a driver issue.  The buttons aren't recognized in the key bindings menu for WoW.  I have a Nostromo N52 with generic keys that are recognized no problem but I'd love to do boring stuff like farming with a controller for comfort's sake.
#7 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
I was browsing google the other day trying to find some way to be able to use the SixaxiS on PC games and I have found it...

I am not sure if anyone here has posted this but I have found it great to be able to play games like Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R. on my PC.  I was actually planning on buying both for the PS3 but since I have found this I don't think i'll be buying them for the PS3 because obviously the PC will have better graphics!!!

I have, so far, gotten the controller to work with just FEAR and Half-Life 2 with fantastic results.  The only downside is no tilty support but this is a great way to play these games just like if you were going to buy them for the PS3.

You still need to configure all the buttons and axis manually though but if anyone would like to know how to do it for the two games mentioned, I will be more than willing to supply you with a .cfg file or a description of how to use it.

Have fun and happy gaming! dooguesgoober4
yes but can you play fear on a 52 inch hdtv.
#8 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
DVI equipped video card + DVI equipped 52" HDTV = SHAZZAM!
#9 Posted by dooguesgoober4 (333 posts) -
[QUOTE="dooguesgoober4"]I was browsing google the other day trying to find some way to be able to use the SixaxiS on PC games and I have found it...

Have fun and happy gaming! GARRYTH

AHH you have a point....BUT...most sites have said that the graphics are blurry on the PS3 version for FEAR...and who knows about Half-Life2 because it keeps getting pushed back.
#10 Posted by Richy363 (2 posts) -
uhm hey can u send me the thing that can configure my ps3 controller to play on fear? if you can then can u send it to richy3639@hotmail.com? plz thanks in advance
#11 Posted by Calviscerate (194 posts) -

How about dualshock 3? Does it work?

#12 Posted by lilith16321 (1 posts) -
trying to get my ps3 controller to work on my PC. nothing works. I downloaded and installed the sixaxis driver, ran the exe file, pushed the ps3 button....nothing. there is no controller recognized or listed in my control panel. any ideas anyone? please help if you can. thanks
#13 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
I've never had any trouble with Gamesaike "SixAxiS Driver". Is that what your using?
#14 Posted by krylon36 (318 posts) -

if you have even a sort of decent video card and only a ps3 this is a great way to play games like mass effect and gears of war, even if its at lower resolution than what a 360 would give you...i played a lot of games at 800x600 before my current rig but i still enjoyed them greatly.

#15 Posted by TehSonofUgly (1643 posts) -

trying to get my ps3 controller to work on my PC. nothing works. I downloaded and installed the sixaxis driver, ran the exe file, pushed the ps3 button....nothing. there is no controller recognized or listed in my control panel. any ideas anyone? please help if you can. thankslilith16321

uhm hey can u send me the thing that can configure my ps3 controller to play on fear? if you can then can u send it to richy3639@hotmail.com? plz thanks in advance Richy363

Old thread from 2007

Don't revive threads over a month old

#16 Posted by 5h4d0wXD (1 posts) -

[QUOTE="lilith16321"]trying to get my ps3 controller to work on my PC. nothing works. I downloaded and installed the sixaxis driver, ran the exe file, pushed the ps3 button....nothing. there is no controller recognized or listed in my control panel. any ideas anyone? please help if you can. thanksTehSonofUgly

uhm hey can u send me the thing that can configure my ps3 controller to play on fear? if you can then can u send it to richy3639@hotmail.com? plz thanks in advance Richy363

Old thread from 2007

Don't revive threads over a month old

Dude shut up some of us actually want to figure out how to hook a ps3 mote up to play F.E.A.R. and cannot find that information anywhere else on the net. Would help If dude had just posted how to do it instead of making him email us but thats his peragitive and i'm sure he has his reasons. Hey man I would appreciate if you could send me an email on how to configure a ps3 controller to the PC FEAR? Mr.XD@live.com
#17 Posted by Renzokucant (3123 posts) -

[QUOTE="dooguesgoober4"]I was browsing google the other day trying to find some way to be able to use the SixaxiS on PC games and I have found it...

I am not sure if anyone here has posted this but I have found it great to be able to play games like Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R. on my PC. I was actually planning on buying both for the PS3 but since I have found this I don't think i'll be buying them for the PS3 because obviously the PC will have better graphics!!!

I have, so far, gotten the controller to work with just FEAR and Half-Life 2 with fantastic results. The only downside is no tilty support but this is a great way to play these games just like if you were going to buy them for the PS3.

Have fun and happy gaming! GARRYTH

umm yea.. why do people think that PC's dont hook up to tvs?

#18 Posted by Benifited (483 posts) -
I'm guessing it's a driver issue. The buttons aren't recognized in the key bindings menu for WoW. I have a Nostromo N52 with generic keys that are recognized no problem but I'd love to do boring stuff like farming with a controller for comfort's sake.emitsu97
look up joytokey no need to thank me
#19 Posted by Benifited (483 posts) -
trying to get my ps3 controller to work on my PC. nothing works. I downloaded and installed the sixaxis driver, ran the exe file, pushed the ps3 button....nothing. there is no controller recognized or listed in my control panel. any ideas anyone? please help if you can. thankslilith16321
look up DS3 Tool
#20 Posted by plg2307 (953 posts) -

lvl 1 take up a thread from oct 30 2009 jeez