Will you be able to play YOUR music on Motorstorm??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gage_Creed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gage_Creed
Member since 2006 • 267 Posts

Have the developers or anybody said anything about playing music on your PS3 while playing Motorstorm??  I don't think any other games support this so far on the PS3. Anyone know??

DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts
Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!
truesKill87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 truesKill87
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts
why ask ignorant questions when u alrady know the answer is NO.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!DylanDJK
the soundtrack sounds pretty good, but i want to listen to lamb of god and children of bodom while i run stuff over.
partytimekegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 partytimekegs
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

Have the developers or anybody said anything about playing music on your PS3 while playing Motorstorm??  I don't think any other games support this so far on the PS3. Anyone know??

Gage_Creed
why ask ignorant questions when u alrady know the answer is NO.truesKill87
Dang.. I guess I can't listen to Queen while I drive. LMAO.
flabjab93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flabjab93
Member since 2004 • 85 Posts
Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!DylanDJK

Kick butt? "I don't even care, I don't even care" is great? I suppose you like fallout boy, my chemical romance, right?
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DylanDJK

[QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!flabjab93

Kick butt? "I don't even care, I don't even care" is great? I suppose you like fallout boy, my chemical romance, right?

:O My god no!!! I hate emo bands! I like ACDC, The who, Aerosmith, Nickleback, RHCP, Black Sabbath etc.

bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
[QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!LoG-Sacrament
the soundtrack sounds pretty good, but i want to listen to lamb of god and children of bodom while i run stuff over.

Children of Bodom OWNS!!

I would love to play my own music in any PS3 game, however, MotorStorm's soundtracks are very decent.
lennygundam14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lennygundam14
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!bsin94

Children of Bodom OWNS!!

I would love to play my own music in any PS3 game, however, MotorStorm's soundtracks are very decent.

I like the soundtrack that was on the Demo, its awesome.

Avatar image for -_Aceofspades_-
-_Aceofspades_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -_Aceofspades_-
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
lol id put metallica - fuel on repeat, just a great song for dirty racing games
Og_BDJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Og_BDJ
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hell ya man i would want to put my own tracks w/ all this gangsta rap on it  and heavy metal
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

Can someone explain this whole play your music while your playing games, i dont get it someone who has a 360 explain what it isR-Dot-Yung

you play you "own" music thats on your HDD while playing a game instead of the ingame music. duuuuuuuuh

Jayyyyyyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jayyyyyyyy
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i'll take some good old classic rock any day!
dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
I hope a future update makes this possible because thats the only thing I hated about the demo. Everything else makes this game amazing but if i could put my own music in this... Perfection! I crank the stereo up when I play the demo so I can listen to The Who, Meat Loaf, or AC/DC.
bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts

[QUOTE="bsin94"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!lennygundam14

Children of Bodom OWNS!!

I like the soundtrack that was on the Demo, its awesome.

From what I heard, MotorStorm's soundtrack is very awesome :D.
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
According to this post, the soundtrack seems to be as follows:

• Curve - Hell Above Water
  • Elite Force - Presha
  • Elite Force ft. Lunatic Calm - Leave You Far Behind
  • Everytime I Die - The New Black
  • Gluecifer - Automatic Thrill
  • Hyper - Hot Rockin'
  • Kings of Leon - Sprial Staircase
  • Krafty Kuts - Bass Phenomenom
  • Monster Magnet - Powertrip
  • Nirvana - Breed
  • Pendulum - Slam
  • Pitchshifter - Scene This
  • Primal Scream - Dolls (Sweet Rock 'N' Roll)
  • Primal Scream - The 99th Floor
  • Queens of the Stone Age - Medication
  • Reverend Horton Heat - Big Red Rock of Love
  • Slipknot - Before I Forget
  • Spiritualized - Electricity
  • The Experiment - Cost of Freedom
  • Trash Palace - Animal Logic
  • Wolfmother - Woman

And for the record, almost all of these bands and/or songs blow. Slipknot? Spiritualized? Reverend Horton Heat? Pitchshifter??

Why, oh why, must videogame soundtracks almost always include a whole bunch of craptacular music? ; ;

Oh well.  I don't like racing games at all anyway. :P
RJ2000_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RJ2000_24
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts
I could have swore i heard Foo Fighters in the Demo...
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
Pendulum is awesome. Glad that's on the soundtrack...
Avatar image for speedjunkie1992
speedjunkie1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 speedjunkie1992
Member since 2006 • 1395 Posts
Just downloading a few of those tracks and there pretty sweet.
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DylanDJK

There is 1 song i would add... GNR-Welcome to the Jungle. Just feels like it should be in MS.

vj226966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vj226966
Member since 2006 • 484 Posts
i wanna hear Zoom,Zoom!!!!
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would want the ability to listen to the music they like the most either. It's a total mystery.
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DylanDJK

[QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!donalbane
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would want the ability to listen to the music they like the most either. It's a total mystery.

Why did you have to been such an a**hole? Really, I WANT that ability to listen to my fav. music in game but i wont for Motorstorm, its got an amazing soundtrack IMO.

afexthedamaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 afexthedamaja
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts
no Hatebreed or Deicide not even an Elton John song...this soundtrack is gonna stink
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Gage_Creed
NO. And a simple update cannot make this possible...the game must be programmed to use such a feature.
Silvaryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silvaryn
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts

I don't much care about using custom music in it, as long as we can modify the playlist of what is included to get rid of ones we might happen to hate. And be able to change the volume or mute it entirely, of course. Standard features I would expect in any game.

I sure wish the demo at least had a mute for the music. The demo is fun. The instrumental track is great. I never tire of it. Really. But at this point, hearing the vocal one is like having somebody go to work on me with a dentist drill, sans novocaine, with screaming triplets sitting on one side of me and Macy Gray sitting on the other side running her fingernails down a blackboard while she steps on a cat.

8Slick8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 8Slick8
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
it would be nice if you could do that to every game on the PS3 its only another point good for us. but the only reason microsoft has it so you can play your own music because they dont have very good tracks on their games, now for us we dont have that problem so if we do or dont we still not gettin f*cked at the end of the day
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

People are saying no its not possible to listen to it on motorstorm, is it possible to on any other games yet??
I dont understand why someone ridiculed this topic, seeing as my bro did it on most of his racing games on his old xbox..??

---

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 donalbane

[QUOTE="donalbane"][QUOTE="DylanDJK"]Hopefully with the March Update this will be enabled. I dont know why you would want to listen to anything other then motorstorms kick butt soundtrack!DylanDJK

Why did you have to been such an a**hole? Really, I WANT that ability to listen to my fav. music in game but i wont for Motorstorm, its got an amazing soundtrack IMO.

Because your assumption (and you know what happens when you ass*u*me, I take it) that everyone would rather listen to Motorstorms X-Treme soundtrack than their favorite music is absurd.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I actually find it to be one of the best and most fitting soundtracks in a game period. I LOVE the motorstorm theme song. It's so beast.
why ask ignorant questions when u alrady know the answer is NO.truesKill87
This why by no means an ignorant question, he was merely asking something he was not sure the answer was.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
it would be nice if you could do that to every game on the PS3 its only another point good for us. but the only reason microsoft has it so you can play your own music because they dont have very good tracks on their games, now for us we dont have that problem so if we do or dont we still not gettin f*cked at the end of the day8Slick8
Yea right. The first Xbox did it but not all games supported it. The xbox 360 has it as standard and it's all about giving the consumer an option. Sometimes I prefer to listen to my own music by streaming from my PC.
arm9218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 arm9218
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

there was a post on here recently about an interview or something were the developers answered questions. they said it will NOT feature custom soundtracks but it will consider it if the demand is high. i think thats the link

GameSpot Forums - System Wars - Devs Talk MotorStorm (Key Points)
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 donalbane
[QUOTE="8Slick8"]it would be nice if you could do that to every game on the PS3 its only another point good for us. but the only reason microsoft has it so you can play your own music because they dont have very good tracks on their games, now for us we dont have that problem so if we do or dont we still not gettin f*cked at the end of the dayDeihmos
Yea right. The first Xbox did it but not all games supported it. The xbox 360 has it as standard and it's all about giving the consumer an option. Sometimes I prefer to listen to my own music by streaming from my PC.

The assertion that one of the great features of the 360 is in place to compensate for shortcomings in game soundtracks (most of which are cross platform btw) is the kind of insecure reaction I've come to expect from many PS3 owners as they come to grips with the relative limitations of the PS3s feature set despite it's high price point. Do you have a 360, Slick? If so, which soundtracks bothered you? Or are you just pulling that out of your hidey-hole? This is the kind of denial and cognitive distortion that is responsible for all the 'I'm so happy there's no rumble on the sixaxis,' and 'the PS3 is overstocked in most retail stores because Sony is doing a great job with production' talk.
gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts

there was a post on here recently about an interview or something were the developers answered questions. they said it will NOT feature custom soundtracks but it will consider it if the demand is high. i think thats the link

GameSpot Forums - System Wars - Devs Talk MotorStorm (Key Points)arm9218
If the DEMAND is HIGH they will put it in. Simple.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I can't relate to the attraction in custom soundtracks.  I've never listened to anything other than the selected BGM of whatever game I was playing.  Anything else is just distracting.  Only place I use a custom soundtrack is while driving in RL. :lol:
ollyd122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 ollyd122
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Its a shame it doesn't have custom soundtracks. I'd love to be driving at an ungodly speed listining to some thrash or death metal