Will the last of us be good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
Or just another hyped game?
#2 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Yes.
#3 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -
not enough info on the game now to judge. I'm not that hyped about it to be honest.
#4 Posted by ScreamDream (3953 posts) -

not enough info on the game now to judge. I'm not that hyped about it to be honest.mav_destroyer
I'm not too hyped either. With a good actress in it, I have a feeling there will be many cut scenes and the story doesn't seem over the top for me.

#5 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9104 posts) -

extremely hard to tell at this point, but my guess is that it won't be my cup of tea, but it will be critically recieved well.

#6 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

It looks dull, and over-hyped. If one more person refers to it as "Survival Horror", I'm gonna throw up. Personally, I don't see it as being what everyone has shined it up to be on the forums, etc. I'm sure it will uphold a certain level of quality given it's pedigree, but as far as the Second-Coming-of-Christ status some people are ascribing it thus-far, I'm going to say that it'll disappoint some, and make others pee a gold chain.

Which side of that you fall on, TC, is your own road to travel. If you're jazzed for it, more power to ya, and I hope it doesn't let you down.

:)

#7 Posted by thedarklinglord (662 posts) -
If the quality is anywhere near the level of the Uncharted series, it should be pretty good. But, yeah, there's still too little info and gameplay footage of the game to make any realistic guesses as to whether or not it'll be good. Even then, until I get my hands on a demo, until I 'feel' the game, it's just impossible to predict how immersive the experience will be. Plus, what constitutes 'good' is really subjective. I'm still interested in the game, though my rabid excitement has definitely started to wane. Mostly on account of so many other games coming out recently, but also because we just haven't really heard or seen anything new on The Last of Us for a while now. My attention span for gaming hype just isn't what it used to be, and developers really need to keep stoking the fire if they want to keep it alive.
#8 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

only time will tell

#9 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

That's a dumb question, if you've seen any footage or screenshot you'll know it'll be amazing.

#10 Posted by Dogswithguns (10811 posts) -

Gunna be way better than RE6.. for sure.

#11 Posted by Killzonage (408 posts) -
Only time will tell to be honest, I do want to get it though. So far from what I've seen it looks great.
#12 Posted by Namgis (3590 posts) -

If you're asking if this site will judge it to be good, then yes. I'm sure it'll score at least a 7.

-

I am hyped for it. Have been since I first heard about it. This and GTAV should offer my all time list a real run for the crown.

#13 Posted by mav_destroyer (3062 posts) -

If you're asking if this site will judge it to be good, then yes. I'm sure it'll score at least a 7.

-

I am hyped for it. Have been since I first heard about it. This and GTAV should offer my all time list a real run for the crown.

Namgis
lol if Kevin doesn't review it.
#14 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Hell, I'll call it right now: 9.0
#15 Posted by SoNin360 (5567 posts) -
My hopes are pretty high..
#16 Posted by RapidTurtle (342 posts) -

It looks pretty good to me. I am buying it.

#17 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
I think it's going to be a great game. Not the changer some people think and I don't agree by the looks it that its going to be survivor-horror game. It's going to be a great story drivin game I hope. But it's not going to be bad my opinion. Thanks for the respond. Greets.
#18 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I had much higher hopes for it before I played Uncharted 3 and saw what a complete lack of effort Naughty Dog put into the single player campaign. I'll probably pick it up after a few price drops.

#19 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

I had much higher hopes for it before I played Uncharted 3 and saw what a complete lack of effort Naughty Dog put into the single player campaign. I'll probably pick it up after a few price drops.

Jackc8

That's a valid concern. However, I do believe this is exactly why ND is developing TLoU and not Uncharted 4 because I also feel they are "burnt out" on that series. Uncharted 4 will definitely be on the next PlayStation, but I think this type of game is a good departure for them in this generation.

#20 Posted by Sokol4ever (6305 posts) -

From the currently available trailers, video and written commentaries and decent amount of gameplay footage which shows the graphical beauty, intensity of the story and well done characters - I have to admit the game looks very promising.

Time will tell but Naughty Dog is not one of those companies who would do half-work on the new I.P. or wouldn't make sure their game is polished on all fronts.

I have utmost confidence it will be a major success.

#21 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

I've loved the Jak & Uncharted series.... So I'm sure ND won't disappoint but I'm not gonna get my hopes up to high I did that with Assassin's Creed III and ended up feeling let down.

#22 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -

I've loved the Jak & Uncharted series.... So I'm sure ND won't disappoint but I'm not gonna get my hopes up to high I did that with Assassin's Creed III and ended up feeling let down.

ReviewerDrake
You did not like AC3? I'm hearing good and bad about it. Greets
#23 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Well I'm hyped for it.

#24 Posted by gah_mak (77 posts) -

As many have stated, the game looks gorgeous and the story intriguing. To be honest, IMO there isn't enough information. It's a similar concept but definitely different from Uncharted. Uncharted entire premise was based on puzzle solving, gun fights, exotic locations, with the narrative driving the game. The Last of Us's direction is very puzzling to me and with the lack of additional information, I will reserve judgement. I was initially very excited but I do not believe this game will reach the same level of critical acclaim Uncharted received.

#25 Posted by ReviewerDrake (766 posts) -

[QUOTE="ReviewerDrake"]

Borrizee

You did not like AC3? I'm hearing good and bad about it. Greets

I liked it.... I just didn't love it I guess I just hyped the game up so much that when I got the finished product it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The story is extremely short and the gameplay just lacked almost no fights just cutscene chase and assassinate.

#26 Posted by ICantGetNo (3 posts) -
Well after I read this detailed review of what they've done to improve things since Uncharted 3 I was hooked: http://www.3dtested.com/2012/11/05/the-last-of-us-50-changes-and-improvements-part-1/
#27 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
[QUOTE="ICantGetNo"]Well after I read this detailed review of what they've done to improve things since Uncharted 3 I was hooked: http://www.3dtested.com/2012/11/05/the-last-of-us-50-changes-and-improvements-part-1/

Thanks dude did not now about 50 changes. I'm more hooked now. It's on nr.1 next year for me together with ni-no and gta5