Will PS4 turn out to have the worst library out of all PS's?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (366 posts) -

I know it's still early, but if this trend keeps up, you just have to worry a little bit. What if it's not just cuz it's early but it's just the way it's going to be in this modern age? I was watching a video from ReviewTechUSA, and Rich said that there is no reason to have any new consoles anymore. Exclusives seem to be shrinking less and less. 99 percent of all games are on the PC. So what's the point? I want to have a reason, but I need there to be a good reason. I'm looking for any good reason.

Are we just in a sad era where almost every game can be played better on a PC? Don't you ever get worried that maybe PS4 isn't off to a slow start, but maybe this is just how it's going to be? I mean don't get me wrong. But my friend says that it's getting harder and harder to make more games for a more high end system. Also, almost every game on PS4 seems to come out on PS3. And the graphics are a little different, but not astoundingly different. I played Resogun. Are the graphics that much better than Stardust? I don't know about that.

#2 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1242 posts) -

@mdk12345: this is stupid, ALL the best games are console exclusives. does pc have metal gear? uncharted?

#3 Posted by GTR12 (9070 posts) -

SW is over there, not here.

#4 Edited by thehig1 (1186 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: do consoles have

Amnesia

Penumbra

DayZ

Arma 3

FSX/Xplane (exclusive to the point there is no flight sim of any kind on console)

Ether One /Gone Home/Anna/Miasmata

Football Manager (exclusive to the point there is no football management games on console at all, unless you count LMA manager 2007)

STALKER

Total War Shogun 2

Etc etc

Oh and on topic, it will end very similar to Ps3 library, same exclusives will have sequels and a couple new first party games

#5 Edited by BH14 (1661 posts) -

How many systems had a great huge library of games after a half year from debut? None. It takes some time before any system has a huge library of great games. It is ridiculous to see this type of post after only half a year. The ps3 didnt have a huge collection of great games after 6 months. Look at the ps3 now and the huge collection of great games. I think the ps3 has the hugest amount of great games of any system or pc.

#6 Posted by MDK12345 (366 posts) -

@BH14 said:

How many systems had a great huge library of games after a half year from debut? None. It takes some time before any system has a huge library of great games. It is ridiculous to see this type of post after only half a year. The ps3 didnt have a huge collection of great games after 6 months. Look at the ps3 now and the huge collection of great games. I think the ps3 has the hugest amount of great games of any system or pc.

But when will the PS4 get some new games?

#7 Posted by jcrame10 (122 posts) -

@mdk12345: late this year, early to mid next year. I suggest waiting, honestly. Unless you really want to play Infamous Second Son. Cuz Knack and Killzone are terrible.

Uncharted, The Order, Last of Us Remastered, plus new Sucker Punch/Naughty Dog/Santa Monica/Guerrilla games will be out around this time as well. Hopefully new franchises.

Oh, and I hear theres a rumor that Playstation Allstars is getting a sequel announced TOMORROW. That is the kind of game you will never want to play on PC. An exclusive character, fighting, around the couch party game.

#8 Posted by Ovirew (6277 posts) -

I think it's way too early to comment on the games a system has during its overall lifetime.

I do think the current line-up, half a year in, is a bit disappointing... But it's still quite good considering how long many older consoles went without having many decent games.

What I will say is that Sony hasn't really unveiled anything that makes me excited about the rest of 2014, or really the future in general for the PS4 yet. I have no interest in The Order. The upcoming games I am looking forward to on the system are all multi-platform so far, so the PS4 isn't giving me anything that makes my decision to choose it over the competition completely worth it.

But, this is the first E3 since the PS4 came out. So we have to see what Sony has to show. Hopefully that new Demon's Souls style game is a thing, and is a PS4 exclusive. That looks like it could be decent. And it's a good start. But I want to see more. Sony needs to do more, and not just rely on the momentum of their victories last year.

#9 Posted by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

PS4 > Everything. Yolo

#10 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4097 posts) -

Well unless anyone here is a psychic, this question is unanswerable. This topic was clearly made just to start arguments.

#11 Posted by MDK12345 (366 posts) -

Well unless anyone here is a psychic, this question is unanswerable. This topic was clearly made just to start arguments.

That's not true. I'm wanting to find reasons for PS4.

#12 Posted by Jaysonguy (37524 posts) -

This thread is sheer idiocy by someone who doesn't know the gaming industry

#13 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4097 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

What I said is 100% true. There is no possible way anyone can know how many quality games the PS4 will get in its lifetime. It's impossible yet you made a thread asking about it. This topic is pretty much just to start an argument, which is why you mentioned PC gaming so much, saying "where most games can be played better on PC". If that's not baiting for argument I don't know what is.

#14 Posted by MethodManFTW (25511 posts) -

Wow, this is system wars flame bait to the maximum. Don't know if you intended it that way or not, but it is.

#15 Posted by MarcRecon (5441 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

How about we don't care if you get a PS4 or not! And to tell you the truth I think this thread is flame bait because I can't see a logical thinking person posting such foolishness!

#16 Posted by MarcRecon (5441 posts) -

Wow, this is system wars flame bait to the maximum. Don't know if you intended it that way or not, but it is.

Well, like one of my mentors use to say, when someone says something foolish they are trying to fool you or they have been fooled.

#17 Edited by jasean79 (2338 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

How many threads is it going to take to convince you? 3? 300?

Dude, every week you post something about the PS4 and its demise even though it's so early in the game and the system hasn't even had a chance to develop. If you don't think PS4 is going to get any better, then don't buy it. Plain and simple. Stop making threads about it and filling up the boards with your nonsense, it's seriously irritating.