Will PS4 ever have a good library?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MDK12345 (586 posts) -

I have so many games on PS3, PS2, and PS1 that I love. I don't have PS4 yet, but am worried about the lack of games that I like. There is only about 3 I really care for. Also, will there be all types of games on PS4 or will this gen lack the library and variety?

#2 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70735 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I have so many games on PS3, PS2, and PS1 that I love. I don't have PS4 yet, but am worried about the lack of games that I like. There is only about 3 I really care for. Also, will there be all types of games on PS4 or will this gen lack the library and variety?

Dude, the console has been out for six months. All consoles have years to build a library. There are already awesome games on it and with games likve Dragon Age, Destiny Watch Dogs, Batman, etc are all coming this freaking year

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25951 posts) -

SMH

#4 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

It might be like with the PS3. I guess the PS3 did not really take off until 2008. Right now there is literally only one video game I want for the PS4 and that is Child of Light: then near the end of the month, there is Transistor and Watch Dogs. But there is not enough I want, to spend the amount of money on a PS4, just to play these video games. Plus I can see some upcoming video games being bad like Daylight was.

#5 Edited by marcheegsr (2522 posts) -

Give it time. The ps4 is still a baby. Even though it just came out, I love all my 7 games. The future can only get brighter.

Also next month is big with Watch dogs and Wolfenstien coming out.

#6 Edited by MDK12345 (586 posts) -

Seems like most of the PS4 games are on PS3 too though

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70735 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

Seems like most of the PS4 games are on PS3 too though

it was the same thing during last gen mate...

#8 Edited by kyacat (4044 posts) -

Yes ps4 will get some good and great game for ps4 library it just take time and it be worth the wait

#9 Edited by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

TC, first of all since everyone in here is too scared to tell you, you're either A) an idiot or B) A fanboy pretending to be a PlayStation supporter.

The PlayStation 4 has only been out for 6 months, if you look back at the PS3 launch that was even worse, next time before you click on that "start a new topic" button stop and think for a bit.

#10 Edited by MondasM (1227 posts) -

give it about 10 years the library will rock...

#11 Edited by MDK12345 (586 posts) -

@MondasM said:

give it about 10 years the library will rock...

10 years???

#12 Edited by MondasM (1227 posts) -

@mdk12345:

ps is 20 years old (this december, almost unbelievable), ps2 is 14 years old, ps3 is 8 years old, the op compared ps4 with its predecessors, so 10 years should be about right... :)

btw, i have ps4 and i am totally happy with the games, but i could use some more... :)

#13 Posted by MDK12345 (586 posts) -

Oh my goodness, 10 years? I was thinking about getting one in fall, but seems like it will be forever. Might as well stick to ps3 for 10 years?

#14 Posted by MondasM (1227 posts) -

come on, how can one answer a question like the op's without humor??? :D

#15 Edited by Randolph (10471 posts) -

I'm doubtful of the intentions of this post. Your question was already answered, new consoles take time to develop their libraries. This has been the case for literally every console ever made. Thank you.