Will Playstation start making games like Gears of War?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (293 posts) -

I just love 3rd person shooters. Too bad that Gears of War has become an X box exclusive. I do have a 360 but moving forward I'm not sure I want to get a big X Box One just to get next gen Gears of War. There is Killzone, although that's a FPS. I don't know why, but I can't get into the FPS as much as 3rd persons.

#2 Posted by GTR12 (8898 posts) -

I hope never, they can stay on the other console for all I care.

#3 Posted by jasean79 (2208 posts) -

I doubt GoW will ever be for Playstation. I think MS has that one locked up tight. As much as I loved the series, it'll just never be the same since Cliffy B left Epic. I enjoyed Judgment, but it just wasn't as good as the other 3 installments. So, I'll miss playing those games no doubt with only owning a PS4 and never foresee getting an Xbox One, but I don't think the next GoW for Xbox one would be enough incentive to purchase the system.

#4 Posted by AJC3317 (2498 posts) -

the order: 1886 looks like it could be similar

#5 Posted by MarcRecon (5391 posts) -

@mdk12345:

I have a 360 and I'm a big fan of the Gears series but I'm more then happy with it just being on the xbox! The PS doesn't need Gears, it has the Uncharted franchise. The 3rd person shooting and cover system is excellent.

#6 Edited by blueboxdoctor (2396 posts) -

I can't stand Gears of War, but we will be getting a new Uncharted, which is a third person shooter and the MP for the past two hasn't been bad.

#7 Posted by toughtrasher (244 posts) -

That would be pretty awesome imo. Wonder what they'd call it......

#8 Posted by MDK12345 (293 posts) -

I can't stand Gears of War, but we will be getting a new Uncharted, which is a third person shooter and the MP for the past two hasn't been bad.

Uncharted is good, but I like gears of war for the really explosive and hardcore game play. Love killing creatures and monsters. I don't want to have to buy X box One just for one game. Hoping PS4 has 3rd person shooters like Gears Of War

#9 Posted by MondasM (1184 posts) -

we do not need more games like gears but we do need more games like vanquish... :)

#10 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@AJC3317 said:

Indeed, a lot of people on System Wars are starting to say the Order 1886 looks a lot like Gears of War. So I think this might be PlayStation's version of a 3rd person shooter that may match Gears of War, whatever the case they have to do a lot right for it to be just that.

I have high hopes for this game, the graphics alone look like CGI quality and I cannot wait to see more of it at E3.

#11 Edited by MarcRecon (5391 posts) -

@AJC3317 said:

Indeed, a lot of people on System Wars are starting to say the Order 1886 looks a lot like Gears of War. So I think this might be PlayStation's version of a 3rd person shooter that may match Gears of War, whatever the case they have to do a lot right for it to be just that.

I have high hopes for this game, the graphics alone look like CGI quality and I cannot wait to see more of it at E3.

I really want to get excited for The Order but I need to see more!

#12 Posted by MDK12345 (293 posts) -

@AJC3317 said:

I hope so. I don't want to have to buy a big X box one just to have Gears of War if you know what I mean. I'm hoping a game can replicate it on PS4 so that I know I'm getting what I need.