Will ME2 have some sort of cutscene to explain ME?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Since Microsoft has proudly stated Mass Effect will always be on 360. What will Bioware do for those who never played the first? Will they have some sort of cutscene to explain the first or will they just let you start just how the PC and 360 versions started.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#3 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.MethodManFTW
6 decisions.... Lol. Anyway, it's also suppose to be 15mins long, but really? Only 6 decisions? People went crazy over the whole "your decisions carry over gimmick" for only 6 decisions? (Yes, I played ME1)
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.Melpoe
6 decisions.... Lol. Anyway, it's also suppose to be 15mins long, but really? Only 6 decisions? People went crazy over the whole "your decisions carry over gimmick" for only 6 decisions? (Yes, I played ME1)

Yeah, well I'm guessing that obviously there were more things from ME1 that went into the 360 ME2 version, so obviously they're just taking the 6 biggest game influencing decisions and putting them into this game. People on the PS3 will probably enjoy ME3 more, seeing as how their ME2 saves will influence ME3.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.Melpoe

I don't know the exact number but I thank Brad from Giantbomb said it was like 300 decisions from Mass Effect that carry over to Mass Effect 2, some much more minor than others, but yeah, the six decisions here are just major plot points.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Melpoe
[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.MethodManFTW

I don't know the exact number but I thank Brad from Giantbomb said it was like 300 decisions from Mass Effect that carry over to Mass Effect 2, some much more minor than others, but yeah, the six decisions here are just major plot points.

Wow, 300 O_O.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]It has an interactive comic boiling down Mass Effect to six decisions.MethodManFTW

If there was a way, i wish i could carry a save from the PC to the PS3 but that will never happen.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Melpoe

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Melpoe"] 6 decisions.... Lol. Anyway, it's also suppose to be 15mins long, but really? Only 6 decisions? People went crazy over the whole "your decisions carry over gimmick" for only 6 decisions? (Yes, I played ME1)ASRCSR

If there was a way, i wish i could carry a save from the PC to the PS3 but that will never happen.

I still have my 360 memory card, so, I wish my ps3 would recognize it and that ME2 would recognize it as well :D.
0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Melpoe
They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.0Hamburgher
When they made the first ME, Microsoft published it (I believe), So that is why we will not get ME1.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.Melpoe
When they made the first ME, Microsoft published it (I believe), So that is why we will not get ME1.

Yup. It was published by Microsoft game studios, so there is no chance for it being ported. Also, I just started ME2 and already I've met a bunch of people from the first game that are either thanking me or cursing me for what I did to them in the first game. Its pretty cool. I'd say if you can, people, play ME2 on the other system. If you can't, play ME1 on another system at least, because there are a lot of things that happened already that just wouldn't have meant the same to me if I hadn't played the last game. I promise you that little interactive comic won't get the job done.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.MrSelf-Destruct

Yup. It was published by Microsoft game studios, so there is no chance for it being ported. Also, I just started ME2 and already I've met a bunch of people from the first game that are either thanking me or cursing me for what I did to them in the first game. Its pretty cool. I'd say if you can, people, play ME2 on the other system. If you can't, play ME1 on another system at least, because there are a lot of things that happened already that just wouldn't have meant the same to me if I hadn't played the last game. I promise you that little interactive comic won't get the job done.

Yeah I agree. I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Just signed out of the demo after getting pretty far, and all I can say is I can see the magic.

Wow.

This is the sort of interactive film I have been wanting forever, easily on a par with the "Uncharted" series in terms of engrossing presentation, and quite possibly has me even more giddy that that series... and that's A LOT. This game is DEFINITELY a purchase for me. I will probably never play ME1, but I really want to that's for sure. It's sad that those of us relegated to PS3 only won't be seeing the carry-over, but I am going to play this game anyway...

... I'll just consider this as my ME1, for ME3... if that makes sense. Might as well start my personal Sheppard so she's there in the next game!

;)

I am really impressed with the main character customization, I think that is a sweet touch. The cut scenes for "Previously On Mass Effect" made ol' Shep a man, baby... but I made a gorgeous red head Adept... I am very, VERY impressed with this game. Can't wait to start it. The party powers and who you pick up or don't... simply wonderful game crafting.

Points off for text being tiny, though... not playing on an HD TV, it's a 25" SD, sorry to say (I might have gotten a nicer TV by now if games like this would stop coming out :P ) ...

... but other than that, color me waaaayyy impressed.

Are there extensive vids on YouTube or something where we noobs without a 360 can glom the story that's presented well and gets the story better than a capsulization in this demo?

Thanks all. Gonna be a GOOOOOOOOD Year with games like this around.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Melpoe
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Melpoe"] When they made the first ME, Microsoft published it (I believe), So that is why we will not get ME1. Texas2089

Yeah I agree. I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.

Damn, that bites :(. So should I maybe wait and play ME2 on an Xbox? I will be buying one in 3-4 months so should I really wait? A mate of mine told me he was disappointed on the whole "ME1 decisions effect ME2" thing, saying he did not encounter too many, but yeah.. I still have my old 360 memory card with my account and ME1 save on it :D (I saved ME1 to it just in case I bought back an xbox :P ).
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.Texas2089

Trophies? :P And well depending on how much the dlc costs now, it might be more value for money if you haven't bought any other version yet. And part of me feels the controls in ME2 are catered for consoles. I hate how the use/storm/cover moves are all mapped to ONE key on my keyboard...

I'm kinda in the same boat, in that I just started playing ME, but I've gotten pretty far in ME2 now after just finishing ME1 recently. The hype around the ps3 version made me pull out the games I'd left aside. I'm just not feeling it though. Honestly it feels like only a few decisions/choices have a long and lasting impact in ME2. Most, including some major ones, have all of maybe 5 minutes worth of impact each in ME2. Which kinda reminds me, if I'm not mistaken, starting ME2 after loading my ME1 character the game showed me about 6 decisions I made in ME1, which was kinda weird seeing as I thought there would be more. Maybe those choices are whats in the interactive comic.

I may replay the game with a new character (female!) once I finish my original character and see how things might be different and if I notice more how my first characters decisions affected things. Though the gameplay doesn't really excite me so that's not set in stone.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Yup. It was published by Microsoft game studios, so there is no chance for it being ported. Also, I just started ME2 and already I've met a bunch of people from the first game that are either thanking me or cursing me for what I did to them in the first game. Its pretty cool. I'd say if you can, people, play ME2 on the other system. If you can't, play ME1 on another system at least, because there are a lot of things that happened already that just wouldn't have meant the same to me if I hadn't played the last game. I promise you that little interactive comic won't get the job done.

Damn, that bites :(. So should I maybe wait and play ME2 on an Xbox? I will be buying one in 3-4 months so should I really wait? A mate of mine told me he was disappointed on the whole "ME1 decisions effect ME2" thing, saying he did not encounter too many, but yeah.. I still have my old 360 memory card with my account and ME1 save on it :D (I saved ME1 to it just in case I bought back an xbox :P ).

If you still have your save from the first game and you're definitely buying a 360, then yeah I would wait. I just started the game yesterday so I can't comment on exactly how big of an impact some of the smaller decisions will have, but I know Bioware has already said that the decisions from the first game are gonna carry over all the way to ME3.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Texas2089

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.Sphire

Trophies? :P And well depending on how much the dlc costs now, it might be more value for money if you haven't bought any other version yet. And part of me feels the controls in ME2 are catered for consoles. I hate how the use/storm/cover moves are all mapped to ONE key on my keyboard...

I'm kinda in the same boat, in that I just started playing ME, but I've gotten pretty far in ME2 now after just finishing ME1 recently. The hype around the ps3 version made me pull out the games I'd left aside. I'm just not feeling it though. Honestly it feels like only a few decisions/choices have a long and lasting impact in ME2. Most, including some major ones, have all of maybe 5 minutes worth of impact each in ME2. Which kinda reminds me, if I'm not mistaken, starting ME2 after loading my ME1 character the game showed me about 6 decisions I made in ME1, which was kinda weird seeing as I thought there would be more. Maybe those choices are whats in the interactive comic.

I may replay the game with a new character (female!) once I finish my original character and see how things might be different and if I notice more how my first characters decisions affected things. Though the gameplay doesn't really excite me so that's not set in stone.

The DLC costs $24 combined, plus $20 for the game so its only $44 for the PC/360 versions plus DLC, as opposed to the PS3 version which is $60. I even got lucky and got all the DLC for only $7.50 last week when they had it on sale on the XBL Marketplace :P I really don't know about PC controls since I'm playing it on Xbox, but from other people I've heard the PC version is the best. This is mostly just from SW though so take that with a grain of salt :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.Sphire

They are all mapped to the "A" button on the 360. I'm pretty sure the same goes for the PS3. It definitely looks better on PC if you have decent hardware, but I do prefer a controller.

There are only a few major decisions that make a BIG impact, but there are tons of other things that you did that carry over in subtle ways like messages thanking you for something you did or bumping into somebody you screwed over in the last game. They obviously don't make much difference in how the rest of the game plays out, but it works wonders for connecting one game to the other and further immersing you in the Mass Effect universe. It may not mean much to other people, but I feel like its a great reason to continue playing on the same system I started on.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 0Hamburgher
[QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.Melpoe

Exactly, so why bother porting the series at all?
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.0Hamburgher

So that PS3 only owners can play the final 2 games?
0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 0Hamburgher
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="0Hamburgher"][QUOTE="Melpoe"] When they made the first ME, Microsoft published it (I believe), So that is why we will not get ME1.

So that PS3 only owners can play the final 2 games?

You're right: $$$
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] Yeah I agree. I'm not very far in ME2 since I just started as well, but I just don't think it would be quite the same without playing the first. If you have a 360 or a PC capable of running, then I'd recommend playing the first game, even if you plan on continuing the series on PS3. Although to be honest, unless your PC is just enough to run ME1 and can't run ME2, there's really no reason to continue on PS3 after playing the first game.Texas2089

If you still have your save from the first game and you're definitely buying a 360, then yeah I would wait. I just started the game yesterday so I can't comment on exactly how big of an impact some of the smaller decisions will have, but I know Bioware has already said that the decisions from the first game are gonna carry over all the way to ME3.

Smaller decisions boil down to messages. For example, if you did this, you'll see that happen in Mass Effect 2, but it's not something entirely story altering. ME2 has a message system in which you use to get your missions from Cerberus, or random people who send you messages. Every now and then you'll recieve a 'thank you' letter from someone you helped in Mass Effect 1, or a '**** you' letter if you screwed them over.

Sometimes those people will be tracking you down and you may have a random encounter with someone seeking revenge.

That's the best part about the ME series and unfortunately: the variety in how things play out, and it's one of the things PS3 users won't be experiencing.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sphire

The DLC costs $24 combined, plus $20 for the game so its only $44 for the PC/360 versions plus DLC, as opposed to the PS3 version which is $60. I even got lucky and got all the DLC for only $7.50 last week when they had it on sale on the XBL Marketplace :P I really don't know about PC controls since I'm playing it on Xbox, but from other people I've heard the PC version is the best. This is mostly just from SW though so take that with a grain of salt :PTexas2089

I've been noticing that the xbox version of ME2 seems extra cheap lately(UK), and I guess so are the dlcs(I should check if the pc dlcs are on sale too, would be sweet). MS's counter I guess. I do think the game looks gorgeous on the pc, but I don't think control wise its vastly better/different than a console version as say Dragon Age was or heck as the first ME was(of what little I played on an xbox a while back). Heck to a certain degree it may be better on the console (I'd have to retry the demo to properly say though).

They are all mapped to the "A" button on the 360. I'm pretty sure the same goes for the PS3. It definitely looks better on PC if you have decent hardware, but I do prefer a controller.

There are only a few major decisions that make a BIG impact, but there are tons of other things that you did that carry over in subtle ways like messages thanking you for something you did or bumping into somebody you screwed over in the last game. They obviously don't make much difference in how the rest of the game plays out, but it works wonders for connecting one game to the other and further immersing you in the Mass Effect universe. It may not mean much to other people, but I feel like its a great reason to continue playing on the same system I started on.

MrSelf-Destruct

And that's kinda my point, I've got plenty of keys on a keyboard that 'use/storm/cover' could be seperated. Heck in ME1, 'use' and 'storm' were mapped seperately. And I had more buttons for straight access to inventory/squad levelling/journal whereas in ME2 I gotta go through the main menu. That's kinda what I mean when I say it doesn't feel optimised for pc.

As for the decisions, yea those smaller minor things don't really get to me. I don't really care about random messages or meetings that have little effect. On the other hand a couple moments have really impressed, where not merely a single choice but the collective experience of playing ME1 adds to the impact. But like Texas said, those decisions from ME1 should still affect things in ME3. I can already think of one decision I made in ME1 that I can't wait to see how it turns out, presumably in ME3.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I think I can jump into the plot at this point and hang on. The demo has me hooked.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="Texas2089"]The DLC costs $24 combined, plus $20 for the game so its only $44 for the PC/360 versions plus DLC, as opposed to the PS3 version which is $60. I even got lucky and got all the DLC for only $7.50 last week when they had it on sale on the XBL Marketplace :P I really don't know about PC controls since I'm playing it on Xbox, but from other people I've heard the PC version is the best. This is mostly just from SW though so take that with a grain of salt :PSphire

I've been noticing that the xbox version of ME2 seems extra cheap lately(UK), and I guess so are the dlcs(I should check if the pc dlcs are on sale too, would be sweet). MS's counter I guess. I do think the game looks gorgeous on the pc, but I don't think control wise its vastly better/different than a console version as say Dragon Age was or heck as the first ME was(of what little I played on an xbox a while back). Heck to a certain degree it may be better on the console (I'd have to retry the demo to properly say though).

MrSelf-Destruct

And that's kinda my point, I've got plenty of keys on a keyboard that 'use/storm/cover' could be seperated. Heck in ME1, 'use' and 'storm' were mapped seperately. And I had more buttons for straight access to inventory/squad levelling/journal whereas in ME2 I gotta go through the main menu. That's kinda what I mean when I say it doesn't feel optimised for pc.

As for the decisions, yea those smaller minor things don't really get to me. I don't really care about random messages or meetings that have little effect. On the other hand a couple moments have really impressed, where not merely a single choice but the collective experience of playing ME1 adds to the impact. But like Texas said, those decisions from ME1 should still affect things in ME3. I can already think of one decision I made in ME1 that I can't wait to see how it turns out, presumably in ME3.

Ah, ok, I see your point. Silly me. :P I assumed the PC version would give you the option to map your key commands as you please like most PC games do. Thats pretty messed up that they don't. Does it not support a controller, though? I definitely would prefer to play this game with a controller. As for that big decision you are presuming will play out in ME3, I think I know what you are referring to. There was a decision I made in ME1 that seemed to be a pretty big deal, but nothing has come of it yet. I hope they do something with it in the next game.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sphire

Ah, ok, I see your point. Silly me. :P I assumed the PC version would give you the option to map your key commands as you please like most PC games do. Thats pretty messed up that they don't. Does it not support a controller, though? I definitely would prefer to play this game with a controller. As for that big decision you are presuming will play out in ME3, I think I know what you are referring to. There was a decision I made in ME1 that seemed to be a pretty big deal, but nothing has come of it yet. I hope they do something with it in the next game.

MrSelf-Destruct

Most key commands can be mapped as pleased(thank god because the original setting was too different from ME1), but some commands are forced together that you have to use the same key, even if you change which key that is. It probably does support a controller, but I don't have one and honestly the reason I do use the pc is for K/M flexibility. I should probably get a better mouse though, might've enjoyed the gameplay more if I could map 'powers' to the mouse.

As for the decision, it was ever so lightly touched upon in ME2. But that just adds to the excitement :P

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Sphire"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]

Most key commands can be mapped as pleased(thank god because the original setting was too different from ME1), but some commands are forced together that you have to use the same key, even if you change which key that is. It probably does support a controller, but I don't have one and honestly the reason I do use the pc is for K/M flexibility. I should probably get a better mouse though, might've enjoyed the gameplay more if I could map 'powers' to the mouse.

As for the decision, it was ever so lightly touched upon in ME2. But that just adds to the excitement :P

Yeah, all that aside... You played Nier!?!? I just started it and LOVE it. There are a lot of things that could have been sooooo much better, but so far i'm very drawn to it. And the music... is... EPIC! On topic: You do not have to play Nier to understand the events in Mass Effect 2. ;)
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sphire

[QUOTE="Sphire"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, all that aside... You played Nier!?!? I just started it and LOVE it. There are a lot of things that could have been sooooo much better, but so far i'm very drawn to it. And the music... is... EPIC! On topic: You do not have to play Nier to understand the events in Mass Effect 2. ;)

Hell yea I did! One of my fav games last year. I don't think it's perfect, but I also don't mind how the game played. It was kind of a breath of fresh air. A pretty decent story with a huge backstory to boot if you get interested enough to know. That said make sure you play until the end. Just...yea play until the end...

Probably shouldn't go on about it here, heh. So...on topic...uh...don't look at the achivements/trophies in ME2, they'll spoil stuff.

Stressthesky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Stressthesky
Member since 2009 • 490 Posts

I have such mixed feelings about this. ME1 was such a great game, and although ME2 did deliver, I still think the first game is the best. But then again, I'm an rpg-fan and I liked that aspect of the game. If you're into Uncharted, ME2 will most likely be your favourite. I'm pretty sure they'll do a good job in capturing the essence of the first game in the PS3 version. But I still feel people should play the first.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrSelf-Destruct

I have such mixed feelings about this. ME1 was such a great game, and although ME2 did deliver, I still think the first game is the best. But then again, I'm an rpg-fan and I liked that aspect of the game. If you're into Uncharted, ME2 will most likely be your favourite. I'm pretty sure they'll do a good job in capturing the essence of the first game in the PS3 version. But I still feel people should play the first.

Stressthesky
I agree. Though I have barely scratched the surface of ME2 I am shocked at the lack of most of what made the first an RPG. Its no Final Fantasy XIII, but its still a lot more of an action game than I wanted it to be. I do like the improved combat, though. ;)
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="Melpoe"][QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]They should have made Mass Effect before they made the sequel; The main reason to play Mass Effect is for the story. If the story was like any other TPS, then no one would play the game.MrSelf-Destruct

Maybe so, but I'd still say if you're planning on getting ME3 for the PS3, you should probably play ME2 on PS3 as well...

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Melpoe"] When they made the first ME, Microsoft published it (I believe), So that is why we will not get ME1. Vari3ty

Maybe so, but I'd still say if you're planning on getting ME3 for the PS3, you should probably play ME2 on PS3 as well...

Well, sure, but if you if you can play ME3 on the same console you played ME1 on I'd say that's even better. ;)
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vari3ty

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] Yup. It was published by Microsoft game studios, so there is no chance for it being ported. Also, I just started ME2 and already I've met a bunch of people from the first game that are either thanking me or cursing me for what I did to them in the first game. Its pretty cool. I'd say if you can, people, play ME2 on the other system. If you can't, play ME1 on another system at least, because there are a lot of things that happened already that just wouldn't have meant the same to me if I hadn't played the last game. I promise you that little interactive comic won't get the job done. MrSelf-Destruct

Well, sure, but if you if you can play ME3 on the same console you played ME1 on I'd say that's even better. ;)

You have a good point.