Will I be able to get a PS4 at launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

So 11/15 is the date, but I never preordered my system. I'm looking to get Killzone as my very first game (huge fan as I've played all the games prior), and I know games won't be in low supply, but I also haven't heard anything about systems being in short supply. What do you all think? I have a bunch of Best Buy gift cards I've saved up so I'm looking to get it there. They usually never run too low on stock.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Day one, wouldn't count on it. Before Christmas, maybe.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Maybe if ur lucky.

BreadNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BreadNMilk
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

If you luckily walk in at the exact time someone told them they don't want their preorder any more and it's there for sale. This happened for me with PS3. Very lucky!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

You can always come to eBay. I'll be waaaaaaiting. :-)

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Probably not, unless you want to pay a lot more for it from a second hand source. Like someone else mentioned though, you could try and get a canceled preorder.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

I'm having troubles getting one for Christmas.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

Don't count on it. Rare occasions only. Good Luck !

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Without a preorder, the chances are pretty low especially the first couple of weeks after launch simply because all store that took preorders have to fill those before they simply have them available for those coming in off the street. Now I know places like Gamestop only hold a preorder for 72 hours before it becomes an available item for anyone. That being said, my local Gamestop already has a "call" list for those that didn't get a preorder in. Those people on that list will get first crack at any preorders that aren't picked up within the 72 hour window, or those that simply come in on shipment.

So basically you are screwed and will have to be lucky to get one before Christmas!!

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Your only hope is to attempt to camp out at best buy. I am sure if Best buy does have PS4 systems for sale on launch day. It will be only a few maybe 10 per store. The rest are going to be people picking up their preorders at Best Buy. MS has stated that they will have some systems available for sale at Best Buy on launch day. Sony may have some "loose" PS4 systems on the shelf at midnight. But I wouldn't count on more than 10. The bulk of the midnight launch is people getting their preorders.

If you want a PS4 from Best Buy at launch and have not preordered. you are going to have to chance it. Hope for sweet luck.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Yes you will, I managed to find a few places with plenty of launch day systems left.

Also there are systems being kept from pre-orders to ensure there will be some on shelves, granted you'll be lucky to find a store with any going into double figures for shelves units but they are there.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Megavideogamer said:

Your only hope is to attempt to camp out at best buy. I am sure if Best buy does have PS4 systems for sale on launch day. It will be only a few maybe 10 per store. The rest are going to be people picking up their preorders at Best Buy. MS has stated that they will have some systems available for sale at Best Buy on launch day. Sony may have some "loose" PS4 systems on the shelf at midnight. But I wouldn't count on more than 10. The bulk of the midnight launch is people getting their preorders.

If you want a PS4 from Best Buy at launch and have not preordered. you are going to have to chance it. Hope for sweet luck.

This and if you are planning on this avenue, I'd grab some buddies to come and hang out with you because with midnight launches on products that will be in short supply, there are going to be a lot of "less than upstanding" people at these events that have malicious intent on their mind. You have all heard the stories about the fights, muggings and whatnot during these events. Plus if you have friends with you, it will increase your chances of getting a system. Just saying!!!

freedom01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#13 freedom01  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 3676 Posts

if you plan on getting it day one, then no

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points