why TLOU Remastered has no gameplay trailer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I found it strange we only get screenshots and not a nice trailer showing the comparison from old to current gen quality. I am not talking about the snippets of cutscenes taken from the game but gameplay.

Gta 5 or just rock star in general just know how to do things. They don't over expose a game but they make sure you know the vast improvement from how the game looks from ps3 to ps4. They almost make me want to get the ps4 version. I probably want get it because I had the ps3 version and by the time it comes out I will have drive club.

I am sure October us when gta comes out. I don't really see a noticeable difference from TLOU ps3 CUTSCENES to the remastered thats why gameplay is a better gauge.. I also had TLOU on ps3 but I could see getting it again for online and the DLC that will come with the game.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2 thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

I think they didn't really want to make a gameplay trailer because they wanna make it a surprise? No idea, but personally, the trailer/video that showed TLoU comparison between ps3 and ps4 showed quite a difference. Only some cutscenes have subtle differences.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#3 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Yeah it is a little weird, but they do have gameplay comparison vids on this site and on youtube, so I'm cool with that.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ewalthour

@MarcRecon: unless I miss something gamespot had only graphic comparisons and of the same trailer out that is cutscenes only. I played the game and know all the cutscenes. I will check YouTube but doubt if it's any difference.

Just check YouTube and it may show gameplay but sorry city I live in has bad internet connections with outside towers.

You shouldn't have to dig for gameplay. Naughty dog should make gameplay trailer.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

A lot of video players don't do 60fps so maybe they didn't want trailers to look considerably worse (Yes, they all do because of compression, but this is different) than real gameplay.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Making a trailer takes resources and they want to concentrate on finishing the product. They'll make it when they are ready.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MarcRecon

@ewalthour said:

@MarcRecon: unless I miss something gamespot had only graphic comparisons and of the same trailer out that is cutscenes only. I played the game and know all the cutscenes. I will check YouTube but doubt if it's any difference.

Just check YouTube and it may show gameplay but sorry city I live in has bad internet connections with outside towers.

You shouldn't have to dig for gameplay. Naughty dog should make gameplay trailer.

Your right:)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ewalthour

I checked YouTube and there is no gameplay videos let alone a trailer.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I don't get the question fully...

The gameplay is the same, just smoother and its prettier, what else is there?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Yes i'd also like to see a gameplay trailer to see the difference, there are no true comparison images out there at the moment, the game companies are using 480p images to show off the PS3 version, and bringing out a cutscene which is the same as a cutscene from the PS3 as that's what they have said that the PS4 version is, it's strange, we'll have to wait and see

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ewalthour

@GTR12: welcome back bezza.

Ok on to this comment. If you are serious then I am going to school you It is night and day with graphics with cutscenes and gameplay unless the game is in engine cutscenes. Most games aren't in engine cutscenes sane unless the game is called The Order 1886. Yes some games graphics are the same for cutscenes and gameplay but I don't think it's the norm because cutscenes normally look either slightly better or enormously better than gameplay.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ewalthour

Videogamer.com has announced a possible game footage release of TLOU remastered for next week.

So like I thought it is important to provide a gameplay video. I know what I am talking about that to promote a game a cutscene ain't cuttng it to prove how good the game really looks.

They could have done that right off the bat just like gta did and not waste money now having to fmdo another trailer. I bet you gta want do another video before release. If they did they didn't have to since we should be convinced it going to look great.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

I was questioning the lack of gameplay vids just the other day. You'd think there would be some by now. We're inside of 3 weeks until release.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTR12

@ewalthour said:

@GTR12: welcome back bezza.

Ok on to this comment. If you are serious then I am going to school you It is night and day with graphics with cutscenes and gameplay unless the game is in engine cutscenes. Most games aren't in engine cutscenes sane unless the game is called The Order 1886. Yes some games graphics are the same for cutscenes and gameplay but I don't think it's the norm because cutscenes normally look either slightly better or enormously better than gameplay.

1. Im not bezza, I have no idea who that is, its someone else...

2. I don't care about cutscenes being pretty, I care about the game, and its the same engine as the old TLOU, same with every HD remake/remaster/re-release, call it whatever you want.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ewalthour

@GTR12: bezza2011 is on this post. That is my point that cutscenes look good and not a representation of gameplay which TLOU was showing in their only trailer. Are you telling TLOU cutscenes are in engine? If they are then why would naughty dog bother to make a gameplay trailer coming soon? If they felt we got the jist of how good the game looked then why bother?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GTR12

@ewalthour:

I have no idea if the cutscenes are in-engine or not, my point is, I don't care, just release it already.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@GTR12 said:

@ewalthour:

I have no idea if the cutscenes are in-engine or not, my point is, I don't care, just release it already.

I don't care either but a little while ago there was this conversation (fierce argument) going down in system wars that the cut-scenes were pre-rendered.Don't know if it's true or not ,but who cares except the maniac haters ?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ewalthour

@elkoldo: this is the reason you have gameplay trailers to not stir doubt of the quality of the games ps4 graphics. If you don't provide gameplay trailer you seem to be hiding something specially since naughty dogs has been complaining about the difficulty with upgrading game.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 porkchopxp

We should expect some "hands-on" vids soon or at least previews from some of the top sites within this next week or so. If we don't get any, I'm going to start expecting a delay.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#21 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@ewalthour: because the game is just a remastered version of the game. its the same game, so there's nothing new.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By porkchopxp

Some "hands on" previews have arrived(gameinformer, IGN, Polygon) and the verdict seems to be that if you don't mind spending more money and more time, the Last of Us Remastered is a must play title.

Since I loaned my copy of TLOU to a cousin over a year ago and haven't seen it since(I had to Redbox it to play Left Behind), I guess this cements my rebuying it! The upgrade Tomb Raider got for its PS4 version was significant and that is saying something because it was no slouch on the PS3. If this remastered version of TLOU has the same degree of a "face-lift" then buying it is a no-brainer.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MarcRecon

@ewalthour said:

@elkoldo: this is the reason you have gameplay trailers to not stir doubt of the quality of the games ps4 graphics. If you don't provide gameplay trailer you seem to be hiding something specially since naughty dogs has been complaining about the difficulty with upgrading game.

I feel like somewhat of a jackass now!! lol...please kick me!

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ewalthour

Even the new trailer are cutscenes. I just read gamingbolt article which confirm we want see any game footage. The justification for it is just plain lame to be honest. Now I have the utmost respect for naught dog games but can careless about the people. I care for my wallet. This is bad PR by them. Sony has talked about the untapped market for TLOU from those who never had ps3 etc that never played TLOU. So if this is the case then why would naughty dog think we would rather play the game then watch some else play as reason for not showing gameplay?

What this shows me is either arrogance or just I dont care what you guys want. How are those guys who never played the game feel about this mentality? I have a feeling the graphics are marginally better than ps3 version compared to ps4 and naughty dog is doing for the cash cow on us. They already aren't cutting price on ps3 owners of the game and the is only $10 cheaper than original game. ND needs to justify the value of buying TLOU again. They have turned me off from even being tempted to buy the game. What I may do is wait for eons to buy this at more than half its price yrs from now if I ever buy it. Its too many games coming out to mess with regurgitating old SH$%.

Here is their warped comments justifying about why people who want game footage can see game for themselves when the plop down $50 duckets.

http://gamingbolt.com/naughty-dog-dev-on-saving-milliseconds-lack-of-the-last-of-us-ps4-footage-and-more

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

Could be that one of the biggest improvements (60 fps) won't translate well in trailer form. All the games that have been released this gen look great in the trailers and gameplay videos you see on youtube, but you don't get a real idea of how much better they actually look until you're playing the game on your TV/monitor. They won't be able to capture the look and enhancements in a youtube vid.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ewalthour

I just read the article on gamingbolt about naughty dog explaining that their remastered TLOU is a steal. If they have to defend themselves once again It is a reason for them to prove the improvements of the game from ps3 to ps4 with gameplay footage not just cutscenes. Yes I read Ign article on the game and how it improved. Well prove it to me with footage.

See I am a regular consumer of naughty dogs products and I had TLOU for ps3. So I deserve to be disgruntled by how they are approaching this bad sells job. What have they shown to prove the game is worth me buying it again? Yes I would like to play the left behind dlc which was considered a great 2hr experience but I don't care about skins and extra multiplayer maps as add ons. I am just saying stop the staunch refusal to give the consumers what they want and let us see how much has improved from the original. I will be the type to wait forever until price drop and/or maybe see reviews with videos or go on YouTube where someone is playing it. I still probably want buy it because my money will be going to other games coming out this yr. It's just so damn annoying how naughty dogs has to rebutt to gamers but can't just give us what we want. I call this stubborn, pig headed stupideness.

Ain't no freakin game a steal for $10 less than original price that had some graphic tweaks here and there and developers not willing to cooperate. They just look like they have something to hide or just saying F U. No matter to me it's my money and it can go somewhere else. Left behind can't be that good for essentially paying $50. If naughty dogs were good salesmen they may have got me to buy it day one release just to play left behind.

Oh well. They don't have to worry because unless uncharted 4 is a total disaster I will get the season pass and everything else the game has to offer MORE THAN LIKELY.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

@ewalthour: to be honest i don't remember them showing much gameplay the first time around. The marketing was mostly cut scenes from the ps3 version. It worked well the first time around, I bought it without knowing much about the game except I had to play it.

I also feel we the ones who already bought it aren't their primarily target customer. They had statistics showing most ps4 owners had never played TLOU. I will buy it again because the drought of games right now, plus it's been a year since I played it and would love to see it on the ps4.

I do agree with you as why are they being so secretive on gameplay footage as if they have something to hide. Are they fearful they could losse potential sales if the game isn't much of a upgrade over the orignal, if we could compare it people will just buy the ps3 version out of a bargain bin somewhere.

It makes you wonder from that standpoint, but the game was great on ps3 it has to be better on the ps4. Even if it's not leaps over the ps3 version it would still be a great buy for those who haven't played it. For me it's worth it just because the isn't anything to play as of right now, the timing is good. If it came out in November I'd probably pass on it.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ewalthour

Let me paint a pic for you. Rock star as far as I know never go on Twitter explaining themselves about the quality of their game. Matter of fact rock star barely talks they just showed us a GAMEPLAY Trailer where we see massive foliage in high grass compared to the flat blurry soil texture from ps3 version, dense highway traffic that make WD a ghost town, great draw distance in the Horizon, high texture quality, dump truck geometric wheels, 10 times more sharks, the waves splashing on rocks, puddles splash driving thru them,smoke billowing from factory etc. That's all they need to say to convince me the game graphically is astounding and worth upgrading to ps4. Great graphics change the experience and makes games more enjoyable to play and explore.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Probably because there's not really anything new to show. There have already been threads about the graphics upgrade (or the lack of). I know the other big thing is 60FPS, but I feel like gamespot will make a comparison video and ND doesn't care enough to do it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Why have a trailer? The game has been out for a year. I don't think they'll even advertise it really. I saw no trailer or advertisement for Tomb Raider DE when it released or any other port.

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

I finally preordered it, I hope it's not just some lame upscale... but I needed a new copy since I gave my PS3 version to my nephew. I do think it's odd not to have a new trailer featuring the better graphics, it's stupid if they don't at least attempt to sell people on the game and the PS4 whenever they get the chance.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ewalthour

@Telekill: they already had 2 trailers. The problem Is they aren't good trailers proving the game footage looks great just cutscenes. Who cares about cutscenes. The fact we are discussing this is the issue.

Now they will have live readings from the script with the actors in San Diego. I am sure the actors aren't doing this for charity yet and still no proof of gameplay until probably th he day of release from a review. Even if it looks great I want get the game. I want renig like I did with WD.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ewalthour

Nice deal by gamestop to give you TLOU remastered for returning ps3 version. Good business practice unlike Sony.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@ewalthour said:

Nice deal by gamestop to give you TLOU remastered for returning ps3 version. Good business practice unlike Sony.

dont buy the game if youre gonna cry

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ewalthour

@Flubbbs: first I don't have TLOU from ps3 anymore. I am just a reporter of the news and drumming up discussion but I want be buying the remastered. I will keep my word on this unlike watch dogs which ended up being a decent game for a slow summer. Like I said before if Batman, blp3, maybe the order or uncharted 4 was coming out same time as watch dogs or even Sherlock Holmes watch dogs would have been a game I picked up when it was $20 used( meaning yrs from now or never). Matter of fact, if gta5 for ps4 came out in May I would have picked it up again just to play online and at some point replay single mission over watch dogs.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ewalthour

After watching all the video comparison between TLOU ps3 to the PS4 now i see why they never showed video comparisons until now. The game looks marginally better and nothing worth bragging about. I am not saying TLOU doesn't look better but not next gen caliber. I think Tomb raiders for ps4 looks much better upgrade than TLOU remastered.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MethodManFTW

@ewalthour said:

@Flubbbs: first I don't have TLOU from ps3 anymore. I am just a reporter of the news and drumming up discussion but I want be buying the remastered. I will keep my word on this unlike watch dogs which ended up being a decent game for a slow summer. Like I said before if Batman, blp3, maybe the order or uncharted 4 was coming out same time as watch dogs or even Sherlock Holmes watch dogs would have been a game I picked up when it was $20 used( meaning yrs from now or never). Matter of fact, if gta5 for ps4 came out in May I would have picked it up again just to play online and at some point replay single mission over watch dogs.

You really call yourself a reporter..? Haha.

Anyhow, just bought TLOU on PSN today, can't wait to play it at 60fps.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Flubbbs

@ewalthour said:

After watching all the video comparison between TLOU ps3 to the PS4 now i see why they never showed video comparisons until now. The game looks marginally better and nothing worth bragging about. I am not saying it doesn't make a better but not next gen like. I think Tomb raiders for ps4 looks much better upgrade than TLOU remastered.

tomb raider definitive edition looks good because its pretty much a port of the pc version..

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ewalthour

@Flubbbs: I don't care if it was a port or not it was brought over to PS4.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@ewalthour: its a remaster, everything else is pretty much the same, story, everything. there isn't any thing new.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ewalthour

Gametrailers editors among others that have played the remastered don't think it's worth $50 even with all the dlc added in. They also agree the gameplay doesn't look significantly upgraded since ps4 was a great looking game.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MarcRecon

@MethodManFTW said:

@ewalthour said:

I was gonna get it lastnight myself but I'm a little strapped for cash this week but I will be getting it nextweek. How long did it take you to download that 50gs of data?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flubbbs

@ewalthour said:

Gametrailers editors among others that have played the remastered don't think it's worth $50 even with all the dlc added in. They also agree the gameplay doesn't look significantly upgraded since ps4 was a great looking game.

im sitting here playin the Remastered version and there is a very noticeable difference unless youre blind

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MethodManFTW

@MarcRecon said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ewalthour said:

I was gonna get it lastnight myself but I'm a little strapped for cash this week but I will be getting it nextweek. How long did it take you to download that 50gs of data?

Bout 1.5 hours on my 18mbps connection.. Granted they download what portion you want to play first (SP or MP) and download the rest in the background.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By porkchopxp

Watching the cutscenes in 60 frames was weird at first. Now I'm just mesmerized by them. So smooth, so detailed, so pretty . . .