Why Sony will dominate E3 2014

• 56 results
Posted by Viperbit3 (11 posts) -

This year at E3 will be Sony all the way. With many AAA Studios to announce their upcoming games for the power house PS4. Naughty Dog we hope will show us a sneak of Uncharted 4 and then we have quantic dream working on an unannounced game so there is lots to look forward to and knowing sony there will be a few surprises

#1 Edited by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

I don't know, I hope they announce a lot of new IP's. As much as I'm looking forward to Uncharted 4, I want new IP's to be happy with this years E3.

#2 Posted by tempura13 (443 posts) -

I think it's already a given as they need to satisfy the current (and still growing) PS4 user base. Sony just need to keep the momentum going with the games for all PS consoles.

I'm only worried about the Vita treatment this year.

#3 Edited by Glutenbob (248 posts) -

as a first time sony console owner, I am really really excited to see what happens at E3. Went with a 360 last gen and I am pretty confident I made a good decision by going ps4 this gen.

#4 Posted by DigiTM64 (102 posts) -

Because Microsoft will trip over the stairs at the entrance?

#5 Edited by thirdson1812 (71 posts) -

@digitm64: and they'll probably randomly clap when they say "Xbox One" like what Don Mattrick did last year.

#6 Edited by yixingtpot (1370 posts) -

As of now I'm not hyped for anything on my PS4 aside from the new Uncharted. On Wii U they just announced Fatal Frame exclusive so now I've got a reason to dust off my Wii U in the future. I'm wanting RE7 news, and at least one decent Japanese RPG for either PS4 or Wii U. I just wish we could honestly look forward to hearing "Parasite Eve 4, Silent Hill whatever developed by Japanese again" something like that seems impossible in todays gaming scene.

#7 Edited by tendoboy1984 (149 posts) -

I hate it when people say their consoles collect dust. I play my Wii U more than my PS4, yet both systems are used frequently.

#8 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2737 posts) -

The Vita treatment will be my concern.

#9 Posted by tendoboy1984 (149 posts) -

It's impossible to tell who will have the best E3 because we have no idea what will be announced.

I'm most looking forward to Nintendo's announcements. I really hope they announce the following:

- Metroid Prime 4 (Wii U)
- new sidescrolling Metroid game (3DS)
- Zelda Wii U trailer
- more info on Tomodachi Life (3DS)
- Mario level editor (3DS or Wii U eShop)
- Pokemon Stadium HD (Wii U)
- more info on Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
- HD port of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Wii U)

As for Sony, I hope they announce the following:

- LittleBigPlanet 3, with level creation using the touchpad (PS4)
- new Jak game (PS4)
- new Twisted Metal game (PS4)
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 (PS4 and Vita)
- Syphon Filter (Vita or PS4)
- Uncharted 4 trailer (PS4)
- more games using the PS Move (Tumble 2?)
- Resogun 2 (PS4)
- Dark Cloud 3 (PS4 or Vita)
- new Vita model that uses normal micro-SD cards
- global release dates for Vita TV
- Project Morpheus trailer, game announcements, publisher support slide

#10 Posted by rockinpapa (40 posts) -

I'm looking forward for project morpheus, and hopefully we'll get some data on GTA V port on ps4.

#11 Edited by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

new IP's please. i suspect they'll say something about the last guardian, uncharted 4, shadow of the beast, and another naughty dog game though.

#12 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

Big Sony fan here, however, I see Sony having a hard time dominating E3. They can't control their leaks. Already a few things that were probably supposed to be E3 announcements have been leaked including Last of Us on PS4. When you add to that all the turmoil going on over at Naughty Dog and no Jack Tretton to hold court, the stage is set for a possible Sony stumble at this year's E3.

I really hope they bring it but let's get real and see things a bit more realistically.

#13 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

It's impossible to tell who will have the best E3 because we have no idea what will be announced.

I'm most looking forward to Nintendo's announcements. I really hope they announce the following:

- Zelda Wii U trailer

- new Jak game (PS4)

- Resogun 2 (PS4)

Is Nintendo even going to have a press conference or are they going to just stream a Direct that week?

#14 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

If they can show 2 new IPs (likely), 2-3 anticipated sequels (likely), 1 retrogame making a comeback (less likely), show Last Gaurdian with a release date (50/50 at this point), highlight a huge update to the UI (likely), and secure some exclusive support from third parties (very likely) -- then they'll have a solid show.

#15 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

If they can show 2 new IPs (likely), 2-3 anticipated sequels (likely), 1 retrogame making a comeback (less likely), show Last Gaurdian with a release date (50/50 at this point), highlight a huge update to the UI (likely), and secure some exclusive support from third parties (very likely) -- then they'll have a solid show.

That's a lot of ifs

#16 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:

That's a lot of ifs

Hahahaha, true. But I'm confident they'll nail most of that.

#17 Posted by clr84651 (5363 posts) -

Big Sony fan here, however, I see Sony having a hard time dominating E3. They can't control their leaks. Already a few things that were probably supposed to be E3 announcements have been leaked including Last of Us on PS4. When you add to that all the turmoil going on over at Naughty Dog and no Jack Tretton to hold court, the stage is set for a possible Sony stumble at this year's E3.

I really hope they bring it but let's get real and see things a bit more realistically.

It could go really well to just OK for all companies this E3 from how I see things.

#18 Edited by juboner (390 posts) -

I dont know what would get you excited and hopeful for at ps4 e3, maybe The Order 1886 and then what? Some indie game ha. Microsofts lineup looks way better so far and this is my opinion based on sound logic. Uncharted 4 and order 1886 is what you got.

#20 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -

I wouldn't be so sure. Sony always have a large presence at Gamescom and there's TGS the next month. Their announcements are spread out over the year. Then again Microsoft seems to have blown their load and even cancelled one promising game so it's possible.

#21 Edited by kye-mc (45 posts) -
#23 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70493 posts) -

PS Vita for the West. That would be awesome

#24 Edited by Velocity (741 posts) -

@tendoboy1984 said:

- Zelda Wii U trailer

- new Jak game (PS4)

- Resogun 2 (PS4)

Is Nintendo even going to have a press conference or are they going to just stream a Direct that week?

Nintendo won't be there this year. But for PS4 you will see:

LittleBigPlanet (Working Title)

Uncharted

Project Morpheus (Will be on floor for public viewing)

PS Now

An RPG you been waiting 5 years for.

The Big surprise will be from Capcom. (If your a fighting fan)

I can't tell you everything. But you will see it soon.

#26 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -
#28 Posted by bezza2011 (2357 posts) -

I think Sony are smart, Microsoft have pretty much played all their cards right from the get go like, we already know there is going to be a halo, we already know there's going to be a gears of war, a fable, a new Forza, new ip's we already know Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break and that's it for them, I honestly believe that's all we'll see from Microsoft, all the stuff we already know, so not much excitment or real hype because we already are ready for it.

But Sony honestly the only thing they have really given us is a small teaser of Uncharted and that's it, yes DriveClub and The Order have been shown but them 2 games have been delayed, Sony have so many first party developers still to announce anything, they are honestly in the best position they could possibly be in, in my eyes anyway, I'm alot more hyped for sony's press conference than i am microsoft's there to predictable i can see them showing off all there tv series and stuff and small amount of games.

games i'd like to see be shown some are out there lol

Shenmue hd remastered 1 & 2

Agent

The Last Guardian

Syphon Filter

Quantic Dreams new project

Media Molecules new project

Santa Monica new project or sequel

Bend Studio's new project if not Syphon Filter

Ninja Theory could come up with a new heavenly sword

people who brought us ni no kuni could be planning something

I mean just these hints get me hyped there not giving anything away, could it be possible that non of this is true, of course but highly unlikely, is it more of a bet to say microsoft will do there predictable line up for the the coming year and forward, more than likely.

#29 Posted by Young_Charter (19841 posts) -

FFXV, The Last Guardian, Shenmue, and some new IPs.

#30 Posted by Young_Charter (19841 posts) -

FFXV, The Last Guardian, Shenmue, and some new IPs.

#31 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -
#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70493 posts) -

@bezza2011: Studio Gihbli are working on something new

#34 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5748 posts) -

I don't think any one manufacturer will dominate to be honest... I think all 3 will have a strong showing.

#36 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70493 posts) -

I don't think any one manufacturer will dominate to be honest... I think all 3 will have a strong showing.

Nintendo isn't having a conferance this year mate

#37 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5748 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah but they'll still have stuff on show won't they?

#38 Posted by Megavideogamer (5315 posts) -

Microsoft will try to have a decent E3 this year so they are playing catch up. Nintendo is not having an E3 conference again this year.

Sony just has to bring the games for Playstation 4 and PSvita the PSvita 2000 has a chance for a relaunch if Sony brings new games for the 2000. The PS4 has a chance to really run the show at E3 if Sony introduces lots of games and keeps the PS4's momentum going. Plus Sony will keep it's promise to support the PS3 having a 10 yr lifespan with more games. Showcasing games for PS4,PS3 and PSvita will keep the Playstation trinity going strong.

If Sony does that then they will "win" E3. MS and Nintendo are somewhat behind in the 8th Generation thus far.

#39 Posted by Megavideogamer (5315 posts) -

Microsoft will try to have a decent E3 this year so they are playing catch up. Nintendo is not having an E3 conference again this year.

Sony just has to bring the games for Playstation 4 and PSvita the PSvita 2000 has a chance for a relaunch if Sony brings new games for the 2000. The PS4 has a chance to really run the show at E3 if Sony introduces lots of games and keeps the PS4's momentum going. Plus Sony will keep it's promise to support the PS3 having a 10 yr lifespan with more games. Showcasing games for PS4,PS3 and PSvita will keep the Playstation trinity going strong.

If Sony does that then they will "win" E3. MS and Nintendo are somewhat behind in the 8th Generation thus far.

#40 Edited by TheTenth10 (3039 posts) -

for the WiiU information : no Nintendo conference this year : http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/29/5664322/nintendo-e3-press-conference-2014, http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/29/nintendo-announces-e3-plans-will-not-hold-press-conference.aspx ; only an internet feed as I understand it.

#41 Edited by TheTenth10 (3039 posts) -

for the WiiU information : no Nintendo conference this year : http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/29/5664322/nintendo-e3-press-conference-2014, http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/29/nintendo-announces-e3-plans-will-not-hold-press-conference.aspx ; only an internet feed as I understand it.

#42 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70493 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Yeah but they'll still have stuff on show won't they?

I hope so, they only have 5 or 6 announced games for the rest of the year

#43 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

I think Sony are smart, Microsoft have pretty much played all their cards right from the get go like, we already know there is going to be a halo, we already know there's going to be a gears of war, a fable, a new Forza, new ip's we already know Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break and that's it for them, I honestly believe that's all we'll see from Microsoft, all the stuff we already know, so not much excitment or real hype because we already are ready for it.

But Sony honestly the only thing they have really given us is a small teaser of Uncharted and that's it, yes DriveClub and The Order have been shown but them 2 games have been delayed, Sony have so many first party developers still to announce anything, they are honestly in the best position they could possibly be in, in my eyes anyway, I'm alot more hyped for sony's press conference than i am microsoft's there to predictable i can see them showing off all there tv series and stuff and small amount of games.

I mean just these hints get me hyped there not giving anything away, could it be possible that non of this is true, of course but highly unlikely, is it more of a bet to say microsoft will do there predictable line up for the the coming year and forward, more than likely.

You bring up a good point. Sony is positioned to have the most "surprises" which will likely give them more momentum post E3.

#44 Posted by bezza2011 (2357 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: another one to add to the list

@bezza2011 said:

You bring up a good point. Sony is positioned to have the most "surprises" which will likely give them more momentum post E3.

Exactly no matter if some of the studio's bring out a sequel or not, the hype is being kept hidden which is the best way, I mean I'm going into the Microsoft's conference with an open mind i hope they really do come up with some great surprises but thats the problem, most of what we'd expect have already been announced, i hope i'm wrong i want a reason to question my should i buy one or not, but just don't see it. Sony is in a great position, so many possibilities

#45 Posted by UnchartedPirate (66 posts) -

Don't forget about Far Cry 4.

#46 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8758 posts) -

Sony never really has anything for me at their own conferences each year, but the third party conferences always have something for Sony that I get interested in :)

I hope Michel Ancel makes an appearance this E3

#47 Edited by juboner (390 posts) -

Nintendo and Microsoft will over shadow Sony's showing. Mark my words.

#48 Edited by Heirren (16489 posts) -

@viperbit3:

I don't know. There's rumors Nintendo is going old school and is going to show a lot of stuff--games that are not even far in development.

#49 Edited by HitmanActual (325 posts) -

Fuck games that are years away, anyone can blow wind out their ass. Give me games in the very near future cos it's pretty average ATM and after six months the improvements that Sony has made have been minimal.

Hopefully that means Sony will blow the roof off this year, although it has only just been fixed after they lifted the roof last year, but since then have fallen well short.

LOL MS and Nintenwho.

#50 Edited by Young_Charter (19841 posts) -

I am looking forward to. . .

• The Vita Treatment
  • GTAV Port
  • Uncharted 4
  • TLOU Remastered (I hope we really see some remastered shit)

I can't really say I want a whole bunch of things. For this gen I am just waiting for something to knock on the door and try to appeal to me instead of going crazy and getting hype at the little trailers they show here an there (for example, Destiny) and just keep patient. Tbh I would just be content with The Last Of Us Remastered and a GTAV remaster until all the other AAA and Indie titles come around.

and TBH, I don't even have a ps vita unfortunately. I am already convinced to buy one just because I can go portable to clear out my PS1, PSP backlog and in august I can go cross play on minecraft in august. I am just trying to maintain patience.