Why does sony not like international travellers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

So i was about to buy PSN+ today and just as i was changing my location from singapore to UK, i saw i couldnt change countries. so i called sony and it turns out i haveto make a new account and lose all my trophy data and my friends..... thats over 600 trophies like hell im gona do that! and it turns out you cant use stuff you download from your PSN+ account on other accounts on the same PS3 (from what they told me) but you can do that with other games when you buy them from a normal PSN account. WTF is this where you can only run a game if you log in? so after buying all the playstation products this is the thanks i get from sony? what should i do i really am out of ideas? :cry:

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
no you can. I do it all the time. my ps+ account is US and I have a europe, japan, china, swiss accounts that i can play the content on.
H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
What is PSN+? I'm new to this thing. I understand that you pay money for it. I've had enough of monthly xbox live fees so I wouldn't really bother with PSN+ personally.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

So i was about to buy PSN+ today and just as i was changing my location from singapore to UK, i saw i couldnt change countries. so i called sony and it turns out i haveto make a new account and lose all my trophy data and my friends..... thats over 600 trophies like hell im gona do that! and it turns out you cant use stuff you download from your PSN+ account on other accounts on the same PS3 (from what they told me) but you can do that with other games when you buy them from a normal PSN account. WTF is this where you can only run a game if you log in? so after buying all the playstation products this is the thanks i get from sony? what should i do i really am out of ideas? :cry:

crashndash

Use the main account, you dont have to change location because you moved. Just leave it as it is. Can you add funds via a credit card? If yes then it doesnt matter. However, the billing address on the account must match the one on the credit card so if you get a new credit card with new UK billing address, it wont work.

EDIT: Btw this site

www.pcgamesupply.com

offers various PSN cards from all over the world. You pay with CC or paypal, they send you the code to your account on that store within minutes (literally). Ive bough about ten PSN cards from them and all works amazingly well. Great customer service too, at least from my experience.

wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
What is PSN+? I'm new to this thing. I understand that you pay money for it. I've had enough of monthly xbox live fees so I wouldn't really bother with PSN+ personally. H_M_1
PSN+ gives you reduced prices and free products from the playstation store, aswell as giving early access to some demo's and beta's.