Why do so few people on PS4 use mics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

insloanwetrust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 insloanwetrust
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I understood why this was on PS3 kinda, There was no party chat and the console did not come with a mic, Also only certain mics worked as well. Now though on PS4 you have party chat, it comes with a mic ( be that poor quality it still does ) and you can plug in a large number of mics straight into he controller and they will work.

Now I'm not the biggest online guy, I've never been the most chatty but there are some games that need teamwork online and it's beneficial if you chat so why still does PS4 seem more like an online wasteland than say XBL?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

What games are you playing? From what I know, Killzone SF doesn't even have in-game voice chat.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Party Chat, whenever I'm online gaming on any machine that supports it, I am using Party Chat. The PS4 is no exception.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

I never really liked talking much for online games to begin with. I always felt awkward. Perhaps people who had PS3 are just still used to it without it. I played that free ninja game and people talked in that game. But yeah, not much in others.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Party chat is so f**king lame.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I think I hate using a mic these days because I got fed up of hearing little kids yelling and swearing all the time and people playing there music in the backround. Yeah I could mute them. but im too lazy.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i try not to use it, and i rarely play multiplayer anyhow

UevenLiftBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UevenLiftBro
Member since 2013 • 77 Posts

Did a marathon on BF4 yesterday and out of the 8hrs played... only 1 person talked on the mic, I kept asking every round for people with mics. That 1 guy would only sing... so I started singing with him and we sang about the game and random shiz for 30 mins... lmao

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I dont know what anyone is talkign about. First off KILLZONE had an update and has ingame chat. Second off alot of people play in party chat. I am always in a arty of 8 when playing games like killzone and warframe. Plenty of people use mics.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@insloanwetrust said:

Now I'm not the biggest online guy, I've never been the most chatty but there are some games that need teamwork online and it's beneficial if you chat so why still does PS4 seem more like an online wasteland than say XBL?

It isn't. XBL is an equivalent wasteland now, and for the exact same reason.

Party Chat.

The decline in the general enjoyment of Xbox Live as a way of socalizing with complete strangers largely died between the launch of Gears 1 and Gears 2 when Microsoft implemented the party chat system. Instead of meeting cool strangers and becoming friends (you know, how we grew our friends lists in the first place), people decided they'd just party chat instead. So those NOT in a party get to enjoy silence more often than not.

That same issue has transitioned over to nextGen consoles and their party chat systems.

So if you're finding it hard to find someone to talk to, it's probably because they're in a party chat. Enjoy the new reality of online gaming. I remember when LIVE launched and it was awesome because people just talked. It was like going to an Arcade on Saturday morning. No longer. On either platform.

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#12 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Imo, PS4 should provide some additional voice distortion options: who wouldn't prefer using a Zombie or Mickey Mouse voice instead of one's normal one while playing with friends online?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

for me personally, I don't always use a mic because I have a son who talks a lot and no wants to hear that.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

I play FIFA 14 and I've see a massive increase from PS3 mics. We play clubs in party chat, but now that I think about it I do miss facing different clubs and trashtalking lol party just eliminates this.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well, for me it's because I don't feel like getting another decent headset after just getting Sony's PS3 one last year and now they won't let me use it on the PS4. Plus I'm the only one I know with a PS4 so it's no big deal for me, yeah, some games would benefit from it, but it's not like many others are using mics in BF4 (really, I don't think I've played on any squads that have even one mic).