korn18m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 korn18m
Member since 2004 • 1054 Posts
Seriously. Why do most PS3 users not have headsets? The last 10 or so people I have been paired with in Portal 2, they all don't have headsets. They do realize they can use ANY bluetooth headset with PS3 right? There should be more headset users on PS3 than there is on Xbox 360, but there's not... I've got like 6 bluetooth headsets just laying around my house. Most people I know, have atleast one, usually more. You can get them online for like $7-$9. I even got a couple of cheap TalkNano bluetooth headsets as stocking stuffers from Amazon for $3.99 each with free shipping. Seriously, are people just dumb and don't know how to hook them up? Or that the PS3 can use any bluetooth headset? I know there are some people who just don't like voice chat, but it's a very rare occasion that I run across ANY one with a headset. Arrrggggghhh!
slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
The PS3 interface is too complicated for the everyday Joe gamer to figure out... And probably most people don't know that you can use any bluetooth headset with the PS3.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

I think its a combination of the headsets being bluetooth and not included with the system. Bluetooth headsets can be pretty expensive they are much cheaper and affordable these days but good ones still run a good amount of money. Plus you have to worry about recharging them. Most people i talk to on the 360 are using wired mics. You also have to consider that 360s came with headsets which well why everyone has one even if they don't use it. Sony really should have added a pack in headset with the ps3 even if it was a rinky dink one.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

My PS3 didn´t bring one, sooo....

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
I never used a headset either....maybe im just old school that way......but anyway i jus can't put somethin around my ear while gaming....find it too disracting...
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I've been noticing a lot more people using the mic lately. Maybe you haven't been lucky enough to find any, I for think that I am unlucky since all I hear people on the mics are either talking to themselves, playing music in the backround, or just babies crying. yeah....

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I have one, I just don't use it. I used to use it when I'd play online with friends, but when I'm playing online by myself with random people, I don't use it. I imagine most people don't want to go out of their way to get one. That and/or the PS3 community is just different, less social.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

For me personally I hate them. I can see the tactical advantages to having them in certain situations, but listening to dudes whine, curse and complain is more annoying than anything so I just mute everyone who I see with headsets.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I have one, but use it only while playing with people I know. When I choose to wear it any other time, I hears kids screaming, playing music, hatred, etc. It's annoying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#10 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

I have one. I hear plenty of people online.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Tediousness. I'm a pc gamer, and the little times i play something on ps3, i like to play on the sofa, vry far away from the telly, and it's not worth getting some wireless headphones.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I got over voice comms long ago.

When I play games I don't really care to hear anybody's voice.

Only time I'll bother to mic up is for someone I'm close with.

Otherwise just follow in-game cues and try to cooperate but I won't be getting on mic, sorry.

punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
Seriously. Why do most PS3 users not have headsets? The last 10 or so people I have been paired with in Portal 2, they all don't have headsets. They do realize they can use ANY bluetooth headset with PS3 right? There should be more headset users on PS3 than there is on Xbox 360, but there's not... I've got like 6 bluetooth headsets just laying around my house. Most people I know, have atleast one, usually more. You can get them online for like $7-$9. I even got a couple of cheap TalkNano bluetooth headsets as stocking stuffers from Amazon for $3.99 each with free shipping. Seriously, are people just dumb and don't know how to hook them up? Or that the PS3 can use any bluetooth headset? I know there are some people who just don't like voice chat, but it's a very rare occasion that I run across ANY one with a headset. Arrrggggghhh!korn18m
youhave to understand not everybody wants to use a headset. Personally I don't use one. I would feel stupid talking into one while people are in my house and can hear me.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I think its a combination of the headsets being bluetooth and not included with the system. Bluetooth headsets can be pretty expensive they are much cheaper and affordable these days but good ones still run a good amount of money. Plus you have to worry about recharging them. Most people i talk to on the 360 are using wired mics. You also have to consider that 360s came with headsets which well why everyone has one even if they don't use it. Sony really should have added a pack in headset with the ps3 even if it was a rinky dink one.

Gen007

Basically I don't want to hear the sound of random people's voice while I"m playing PS3. It's more annoying than anything in those multiplayer games. I always turn voice chat off whenver it's an option. I have no desire to really play regularly with a headset.

Portal 2 might be a hard one to accomplish with a random person (at least if they didn't know what they were doing, and you couldn't tell them what to do). I can see how that one would be annoying to have a bunch of mutes on the other end, but if you are lucky hopefully at least the player on the other end could LISTEN to your instructions. Fortunately that game had LOCAL co-op as well. So I beat it with local co-op and didn't really worry about online play with some random person.

ChgoPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChgoPlayer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I have to use a ear piece @ work for 6 to 8 hours for communications so to put one on at home is not good for me.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Whenever I play multiplayer I automatically mute everyone in the lobby. So, a headset would, for me, be positively useless. I don't play games to socialize.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#17 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I hate voice chat and I do mute people if I can when I'm playing online. I don't want to listen to people whine, swear, or play some crap music through a mic.

Just find someone on here who has a mic to play Portal 2 with you.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Yea, if Sony included a dinky, cheap blutooth with every console it would help it, but its far too late in the generation to change that now
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I hate voice chat and I do mute people if I can when I'm playing online. I don't want to listen to people whine, swear, or play some crap music through a mic.

Just find someone on here who has a mic to play Portal 2 with you.

wwefanforlife

Exactly. I never used any kind of headset for PC gaming back in the day. It was just text chat. Never used the headset on PS2 either.

When I first got my PS3 I thought about getting a mic because I thougth it would be a very useful feature. Then I started playing MW2 and just heard a bunch of punks trash talking, blasting rap music, trying to rap themselves (LOL!). My only thought was... what the f is this sh$@.

I then decided I didn't really want a mic anymore, and I would just mute everyone.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

i hav to consider using headphones on ps3, it's embarrasin when some dummies start moaning and family is around :P

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Tell that to all those douches I always have to mute in MW3. Hate it when you join a lobby then it goes straight to the game and you don't get a chance to mute them.

I'm not sure why people always complain about others not using mics. That **** is their problem, not yours. And again, its severely overstating saying that PS3 users don't use mics. I got a 360 and a PS3. Its the same. Some mic some don't. I got mics that I don't use at all for both systems unless playing with friends.

gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

Yea, when I first got a PS3, I didn't have one. I did have microphones from Guitar hero, I didn't know I could use them. I started using them until they started breaking, then I bought a headset.

So usually people just want to play games, they don't really need a headset. Unless they play big multiplayer games like CoD, I don't think they want to purchase a mic just for those multiplayer games that aren't as big.

I could see how it could be a problem in Portal 2, but there are also those commands so if they aren't stupid they should follow them.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Voice chat annoys the piss out of me, so I avoid it like the plague if possible. I don't do voice, and I mute all other players where I can. Hearing 13 year-olds with cracking voices yelling "f*g" all the time kinda ruins the immersiveness to me.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

For me personally I hate them. I can see the tactical advantages to having them in certain situations, but listening to dudes whine, curse and complain is more annoying than anything so I just mute everyone who I see with headsets.

Bigboi500

I feel exactly the same way about them and view headphones as being more of a distraction and having more negative implications than positive so I mute people as soon as possible too

korn18m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 korn18m
Member since 2004 • 1054 Posts
I definitely understand where most of you are coming from when you say it is annoying hearing people trash talk and all. That's why I don't use a headset in shooters most of the time, as that seems to be where all the trash talking takes place. But in stirctly co-op games, or co-op story modes, mics really do help.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

I have one, but I don't want to talk to the racist jackasses on the other end most of the time, there are exceptions and good people but the vocal ones are usually jerks.

Soothsayer42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Soothsayer42
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Mostly the reason is, Lots of people didn't know that they can use other types of bluetooth headsets. All of they can think is Sony Official headset, Turtle beach, and stuff like that :P Im Asian, and I can tell that lots of my friend never considered to purchase a headset due to the price. I keep telling them you can still use non-official sony headset that is far more cheaper :?

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1840 Posts

Mostly the reason is, Lots of people didn't know that they can use other types of bluetooth headsets. All of they can think is Sony Official headset, Turtle beach, and stuff like that :P Im Asian, and I can tell that lots of my friend never considered to purchase a headset due to the price. I keep telling them you can still use non-official sony headset that is far more cheaper :?

Soothsayer42

Just a question out of curiosity, what does being asian have to relate to using headsets? :P

Soothsayer42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Soothsayer42
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Soothsayer42"]

cdragon_88

Just a question out of curiosity, what does being asian have to relate to using headsets? :P

well hehe because we're not really rich here.And the headset is very overpriced. so the thing is, lots of us didn't purchase a headset.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Well I just got my PS3 not too long ago and haven't picked one up yet. I will though because I am getting one for my phone and can use it for the PS3 as well.
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
My Playstation 3 is my single player console, and even at that, I dont really care for using a mic when Im online even on my Xbox. Only time I ever use a mic is if Im playing online with a friend.
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I've been noticing a lot more people using the mic lately. Maybe you haven't been lucky enough to find any, I for think that I am unlucky since all I hear people on the mics are either talking to themselves, playing music in the backround, or just babies crying. yeah....

WR_Platinum

Hitting the nail right on the head there.

I have a headset and have used it on my ps3 but it doesn't seem like anyone else has anything interesting to share. In a game like MW3, I'm likely to mute at least one of the guys with a mic for the reasons WR_Plat stated above.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Wow after reading this thread, I sure am glad I am getting it for my phone and the use with PS3 is just a bonus. That way I don't end up feeling like I wasted my money. Because based on this thread, it isn't worth getting a Mic for the PS3. It isn't like that in PC really. At least not as bad.
Roxas658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Roxas658
Member since 2012 • 111 Posts
Mostly because when I do play online people with headsets either: -Play music -Swear constantly -Yell constantly So even if I did have a headset I wouldn't be talking most of the time. But I reckon the main reason why the playstation community doesn't have a lot of "social" players is because a headset doesn't come with the console like Xbox.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Nobody's got headsets, so it would be kind of silly for me to buy one since I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. I don't have anything to say anyway.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I've made a lot of really cool friends while playing, and if I don't like what I hear or someone is being a jackass, I just mute them. The pay-off for me has far out-weighed the possible irritations. You just need to be proactive about it, and most gamers are too lazy or stupid to figure it all out, no matter which console they favor. What cracks me up is how many people leave a game when they figure out my team is all friendly and mic'ed up, ready to tactically hand them their ***. They know we're a practiced team, and they chicken out. I usually mute players on the opposing team anyway, so that I can talk to my friends about tactics without them having to listen to me or get any info on what we're going to do next round to deal on the other team. Communication with my crew is a pleasure, and we win about 90% of the time BECAUSE no one is using the comm, so people not using headsets and not working as a team suits me just fine. We just keeeep winnin'.

:lol:

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I can't stand headsets. From games I've played that have headsets enabled, I always mute them or leave the room. The majority of the time is abuse, high squeels and loud music/TV.

I understand how it can be very beneficial to games, but online text (like White Knight Chroincles) was great in that aspect.

LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

I've made a lot of really cool friends while playing, and if I don't like what I hear or someone is being a jackass, I just mute them. The pay-off for me has far out-weighed the possible irritations. You just need to be proactive about it, and most gamers are too lazy or stupid to figure it all out, no matter which console they favor. What cracks me up is how many people leave a game when they figure out my team is all friendly and mic'ed up, ready to tactically hand them their ***. They know we're a practiced team, and they chicken out. I usually mute players on the opposing team anyway, so that I can talk to my friends about tactics without them having to listen to me or get any info on what we're going to do next round to deal on the other team. Communication with my crew is a pleasure, and we win about 90% of the time BECAUSE no one is using the comm, so people not using headsets and not working as a team suits me just fine. We just keeeep winnin'.

MonkeySpot

So you're basically boasting that you are one of "those" people. We're all really impressed I assure you.

...is there an emoticon for dripping with sarcasm?

I too jump out of a cod match when the whole opposing team is miked and in the same clan. I don't play those kinds of games that much so I naturally prefer to play against other casual players.It's fun to play against good players but some are really obnoxious about it. Hint hint.

To tell you the truth, not enough of my friends even have a ps3 to even fill up one team. We used to but one friend's ps3 died and he didn't care to replace it and another never plays the ps3 anymore since he got a 360. So even if I wanted to, I couldn't start a clan or anything like that.

Besides, I have a baby in the house now...so I would be one of "those" other people.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I have one and I only use it when it is team based gaming and someone is not blasting music for everyone in the match
Orpheus_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Orpheus_Evo
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

LeifLongbottom

So you're basically boasting that you are one of "those" people. We're all really impressed I assure you.

...is there an emoticon for dripping with sarcasm?

I too jump out of a cod match when the whole opposing team is miked and in the same clan. I don't play those kinds of games that much so I naturally prefer to play against other casual players.It's fun to play against good players but some are really obnoxious about it. Hint hint.

To tell you the truth, not enough of my friends even have a ps3 to even fill up one team. We used to but one friend's ps3 died and he didn't care to replace it and another never plays the ps3 anymore since he got a 360. So even if I wanted to, I couldn't start a clan or anything like that.

Besides, I have a baby in the house now...so I would be one of "those" other people.

I'm with you... 100% *THUMBS UP*

Although I do like to use my Headset... but only on certain occasions. It all depends on the kind of people with mics on a given time. ;)

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts

WR_Platinum
Same way here. I end up just puting the mic in and putting it down. That way all our muted. Sorry but many gamers turned me off of the mic long ago.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I just don't care enough to spend money on a headset no matter how cheap they can be...that's pretty much all there is to it.

Sniggih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sniggih
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

XBL generally has more voice traffic than PSN but there are many persons on PSN who use their mics as well.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

Never though about this, maybe because they don't come with one ?

I have one with my 360, I cannot remember if it came with it or if I bought it though :s

Most of my friends are on XBox, not many on PS so that could be why I never got one.

Anyways, I will get one with my PS4 as I know more people with PS now.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

@shaunchgo said:
I have one, but use it only while playing with people I know. When I choose to wear it any other time, I hears kids screaming, playing music, hatred, etc. It's annoying.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#47 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i had one with both consoles, but never used it on either.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Actually, I've found the number of people with headsets has drastically increased over the years, most likely due to the fact that you CAN use any Bluetooth headset with the machine. However, to answer your question, it's because A) there's no bundled headset, as with the Xbox 360, and B) most people probably don't even know how to connect it to the system. There you have it.

Have to say though, I have a nice USB headset that I use, and I keep it plugged in most of the time I play, so speaking for myself, I DO use a headset.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#50 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

I have one, but yeah, many people don't. It's not fun when you're the only one talking. So, I don't use it much.