Why do people hate GENJI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts
Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.
dsmusician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dsmusician
Member since 2004 • 275 Posts
[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.

the only thing to hate about this game is the static camera angles... other then that its a GREAT game!!!
pumpkinescobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pumpkinescobar
Member since 2002 • 982 Posts
probably because it is terrible just like the first one.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
only reason i didnt like it is the gameplay and inputs were too slow, you couldnt effectively fight and dodge. the big guy was so slow, it was almost unplayable.
rickspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rickspin
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
the only thing to hate about this game is the static camera angles... other then that its a GREAT game!!!dsmusician
The sound is great, the graphics really cool too but, agreed, that damn camera is hell especially on those epic battles where enemies keep coming from everywhere...........i guess it could only be worse if they hadn't include the minimap that shows the enemy's position...
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Big guys are supposed to be slow, they soak up damage like a sponge. Dodging with the other characters is smooth as silk and just as easy as they are in a game like God Hand.

People hate genji because it's trendy, just like people who hate the PS3 for no good reason.
boss130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 boss130
Member since 2003 • 516 Posts
I took longer to download the demo than I actually played if before deleting it.  Just an absolute waste of time.  Slash...Slash....kill.  Hope you enjoy in for now and I am glad you are enjoying it, however....you cannot tell me that you will be playing that a couple of months from now. 
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Because it is generally regarded as a sub-par knockoff of Onimusha, thats the real reason. The series in of itself is certainly at least decent but isn't as good as Onimusha (most of them anyways) and so people tend to spew hate about it a lot.
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pimperjones
Onimusha's gone, they went over the hill when Jean Reno showed up in his hog. Genji's is the only good samurai epic out there now. How much FPS alien shooting games can one man take, it seems like every game coming out nowadays has shooting aliens in it in one way or another. Genji's the last of a dying breed the good old fashioned samurai slasher. I wish they made more games like Genji.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts
[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.

:lol:
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alpha2
I have to agree Onimusha is a dead franchaise to me, everything after the one with Reno dosent and will not exist for me unless they greatly improve the concept. I'm sorry but no hero in that series should ever have blonde hair.
TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
because it's not a great game
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
I have to say Genji is definitely the best looking game graphically for the PS3 at this time.  However, the biggest and basically the nail in the coffin is the camera.  I don't know why they didn't make the camera adjustable with the right analog stick to turn it 360 degrees.  The gameplay gets extremely frustrating when you can't see enemies behind you or even a little far to the side of you.
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
for me its the camera, and the way guys get into fighting moves and theres no stopping them till they finish the whole long animation
Avatar image for xxxxrefusedxxxx
xxxxrefusedxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxxxrefusedxxxx
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
Three words: fixed camera angles. Turned a potentially fun game into a frustrated pile of crap.
PyroXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PyroXD
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts
bad camera angles
aalsheh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aalsheh
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts

just like other ppl said

the camera works really killed this game, it just plain suck

but the Japanese speach there as will as english is really cool, cant wait to be able to play MGS4 in English then Japanese (i sure hope they include both) 

gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 gamefan
Member since 2002 • 363 Posts

Horrible camera angles, but besides that, good game. I've lost a lot of fights because of the camera angles....:(

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts

OMG, I thought I was the only one who love the option to choose japanese language. I enjoyed it a lot with the original language. I don't feel alone no more...thank you..
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
this game is stupidly and incredibly hard...its just ridiculous...though it is fun at times and very good in the vvisuals...it really is a good game but has HORRIBLE camera...thats all
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pimperjones
[QUOTE="MaximumD"][QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who love the option to choose japanese language. I enjoyed it a lot with the original language. I don't feel alone no more...thank you..

One of the biggest reason's why PS3 rules is the fact the games will all come will multiple audio tacks because BluRay is 5 times - 10 times bigger than DVD, game designers are no longers faced with the choice of having to discard the original audio track in place of the low quality dubbed track. You don't know how many games have been ruined by localization. Yakuza (horrible dubbing) Shenmui (dudding ruined the game) Final Fantasy X (dubbing was gay) Well just about every Japanese RPG ever made was ruined by dubbing. No more the next generation of mult-track gaming is here. God praise Sony and BluRay.
DylanDJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 DylanDJK
Member since 2005 • 2001 Posts
I like it, not the best game out there, but a fun hack n slash where you dont have to use your brain TOO much. Anywho, I am like 10 mins from beating Genji and liked it, i rated it a 7.5. the worst thing is the camera. Graphics are stunning but if they wanted a static camera, they should have done it like GoW.
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pimperjones
Problem is nowadays everyone wants replay value, online capabilities blah blah blah. Back in the old days a brainless hack'n'slash still earned its respect. It's a fun romp through feudal Japan, whats not to like. Better camera yes.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again. dsmusician
the only thing to hate about this game is the static camera angles... other then that its a GREAT game!!!

i hated the fact that the camera felt like it was zoomed in to much

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts
Onimusha's gone, they went over the hill when Jean Reno showed up in his hog. Genji's is the only good samurai epic out there now. How much FPS alien shooting games can one man take, it seems like every game coming out nowadays has shooting aliens in it in one way or another. Genji's the last of a dying breed the good old fashioned samurai slasher. I wish they made more games like Genji. pimperjones
umm no, onimusha rules, the first one is better then genji for the ps3
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pimperjones
Onimush with Takashi Kitano was good, but died with Jean Reno. The one witth Yusaku Mastuda was the shiit, but they lost it with later games. It was cool to see prominent Japanese movie stars in it but french stars and aliens was overboard. They drove the franchise into the ground.
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
I don´t like this game, the camera sucks, the game play sucks, and the story line sucks too, CONCLUSION: This game sucks 
Avatar image for RingosLastFight
RingosLastFight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RingosLastFight
Member since 2006 • 54 Posts
Graphics were pretty good, but it seemed to have an overall pretty foggy look to it, which kind of does not fully show the great detail. Character models were great looking, but the main issue is the lack of originality in the gameplay. It's a pretty fun game at times, but overall, it's hard to stay interested. 
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
Come on i played this game for one hour and then i took it back to the store, it is to dam bad 
ShoryukenJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShoryukenJin
Member since 2003 • 528 Posts
[QUOTE="dsmusician"][QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.

"the game play is mediocre" You answered your own question
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
The camera angles are really unfortunate.  Also, a lot of the moves feel canned & once you've input a combo, you can't really seem to pull out of it or adjust on the fly, it just didn't feel very natural.  I didn't hate the game, but it was basically just a pretty Onimusha with bad camera angles IMO & although it is a gorgeous game, it really isn't anything to tout beyond that.
gayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gayguy
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts

I can't wait to buy this game!  Once I got a PS3 that is.  Man the woman is so hot!  Ya!  Magic Robot USA Number 1!

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

With all due respect, this game sucks BIG TIME. Try playing this game after playing God of War, Devil May Cry 3, and Ninja Gaiden Black. The key word I'm using is TRY. The controls feel like cardboard compared to the games listed. Play those games then get back to me. Genji is a good looking P.O.S. (piece of...) game.
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
if this game have better camera angle i would definitely pick it up. too bad there's no patch for it to work. the graphic is amazing. .
smidsy85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smidsy85
Member since 2005 • 472 Posts
I just dont like these types of games... abit boring really :(
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
this game proves a very valid point "great graphics does not make a great game." simply put, a turd wrapped in a bow is still a turd...........
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
I actually enjoyed the game up until it started becoming ridiculously hard.  Starting with that level you have to storm the enemy camp which you have to fight like 10-15 guys including mini hard bosses at once for like half an hour until you fight the end boss who does pretty devastating damage.  In my case by that time pretty much all my characters were nearly dead and had to rely on dodging and special attacks.  Now that wouldn't be so bad if they threw in a checkpoint somewhere in there, but you have to complete the entire level on a single save.  I think I died like 4-5 times alone on that level, it frustrated me to the point I just said **** it and haven't played it since.
mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts
It only has decent graphics and the gameplay itself sucks.
MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
[QUOTE="knicknut17"][QUOTE="pimperjones"]Why do people all trash GENJI: DOB I think it's the best looking game on PS3, it utilizes the BDROM to it's maximum potential showing people that Sony made the rightr choice to use an next gen opitcal medium. As Genji is the first ever North American Japanese release that retains both the dubbed American Voices as well as the original kick ass Japanese dialogue with subs. Sony said that all future games on PS3 will be able to have multiple language tracks regardless of localization and this is the first game deliver. The graphics are great, the game play is mediocre, and the story is good. SO why all the negative remarks. I personally think Genji is the only true next gen game on PS3 to date. P.S Thank Sony for the BDROM, no more will people have to sit through disgusting American dubbing for Japanese games ever again.

With all due respect, this game sucks BIG TIME. Try playing this game after playing God of War, Devil May Cry 3, and Ninja Gaiden Black. The key word I'm using is TRY. The controls feel like cardboard compared to the games listed. Play those games then get back to me. Genji is a good looking P.O.S. (piece of...) game.

I did and still thinks Genji is a great game. I'm sorry to disagree with you.
lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
That camera is a b****.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alpha2
Indeed I still feel people are unfairly trashing this game just because they like hoping on bandwagons. No the game isnt perfect The camer angles were an admireble experiment with good intentions but it's a launch title and was admittedly rushed. Is it the all out crap fest people keep shouting that it is? Hell no. it's a little dificult but learning to over come those dificulties is rewarding, learning which character to use in what situation and learning the combos that make them effective fighters is the halmark of ANY beat'em up.

For those of you creaming it has poor gameplay or that it simply sucks explain why, I bet you can't go a sentence and a half without busting out into some half assed blathering illogical statment about the game tearing it down for the sake of tearing it down rather thatn giving any form of constructive critisism