Why did Dark Void get so much hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

I remember wanting to play this game so much when Capcom was first showing it off. Looked great! I even got Dark Void Zero on the DSi at the time which in my opinion needs an HD liftup on PSN. 

So why was DArk Void hated so much? I lost track of the game over the years and after hearing that Bradd Pitt wants to make a movie of it I quickly looked up prices online and found a copy at gamestop for 4 bucks. I love it so far...yet again I'm not far into the game. Any insight please?

Also if your here just to complain about current gen, just leave. This isn't the place so just walk away soundcellx or whatever your name is. No need for your negativity on a real thread asking a legitimate question.

Thanks in advance people.

#2 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
I've been contemplating on getting this game for awhile now. It's looks intriguing, but all I can think of is your average cliche robot shooter. Is it similar to Vanquish? What makes it different to other shooters?
#3 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

Vanquish is easily my top 3 third person games this generation and its nothing like it.

Dark Void is really great and it changes up how third person shooters are. This game is unique that you can  fly around one second then land and shoot, take cover, etc.

Go get it, its cheap and the game is fun. Just one thing. I'm playing through the hardest difficulty on my first playthrough and the game is pretty simple.

Try it, you wont regret it if you have a broad mind.

#4 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -

I remember wanting to play this game so much when Capcom was first showing it off. Looked great! I even got Dark Void Zero on the DSi at the time which in my opinion needs an HD liftup on PSN. 

So why was DArk Void hated so much? I lost track of the game over the years and after hearing that Bradd Pitt wants to make a movie of it I quickly looked up prices online and found a copy at gamestop for 4 bucks. I love it so far...yet again I'm not far into the game. Any insight please?

Also if your here just to complain about current gen, just leave. This isn't the place so just walk away soundcellx or whatever your name is. No need for your negativity on a real thread asking a legitimate question.

happy_dude64
Nuh uh! Why are you being a troll? Crapscum is ruining games FOR EVERYONE!!! Them and Ninja theory have the worst developers in the WORLD! Fact!! How do you like supporting ruining the industry by buying Crapscum games all the time! HUh? Troll! YOU'RE the troll! My opinion is FACT!! You cannot argue it because I'll just call you a troll and turn everything around and blame it on you for ruining the industry and ruining MY GAMES!!! ------------------- Oh...I'm sorry...I-I don't know what happened there. It's like I blacked out or something. Weird. What was I saying??? Anyway, I don't remember this game getting much attention AT ALL; negative or positive. It's like one of those things that just came out and then was instantly forgotten.
#5 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

Ahahaa I see what you did there. I would have thought if that troll would have had a second account.

But yeah, the game got a lot of negative reviews with the highest being a 7ish by gameinformer.

#6 Posted by Husko (162 posts) -
I haven't played the game, but i suspect it is maybe because the majority of people who played it thought it was a crappy game. Or maybe they enjoyed it so much that they talked crap about it. The answer should be easy to understand lol.
#7 Posted by funsohng (27877 posts) -
I wouldn't call it a hate, it's more like "no one cares"
#8 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

I thought that game was fantastic.  The jetpack was an awesome addition - pop up on top of a hill and snipe your enemies from above, fight your way through vertically-oriented areas that went straight up or straight down, hovering over the battlefield and blasting enemies from the sky - I loved it.  The level design was great, and some of the environments in the later parts of the game had a great sci-fi design to them.  All the aerial combat was just a blast and provided a lot of variety in gameplay.

#9 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

I thought that game was fantastic.  The jetpack was an awesome addition - pop up on top of a hill and snipe your enemies from above, fight your way through vertically-oriented areas that went straight up or straight down, hovering over the battlefield and blasting enemies from the sky - I loved it.  The level design was great, and some of the environments in the later parts of the game had a great sci-fi design to them.  All the aerial combat was just a blast and provided a lot of variety in gameplay.

Jackc8

Glad someone else enjoyed it! I'm loving it still...I wish a sequel would be in the works instead of a film in all honesty.

#10 Posted by Young_Charter (19876 posts) -

happy_dude64
I see the game pretty cheap on amazon and Im thinking about grabbing it. Is it a long game and worth my six bucks ? Convince me.
#11 Posted by Megavideogamer (5406 posts) -

This game is on my backlogged list of PS3 games to get too. I bought it for $10.00 and Have not gotten around to play it just yet. So I will play Dark Void and see what the fuss is about. This could be Capcoms fogotten treasure. I forgot about it but not because I hated it. I'll have to check the review after I play it.

#12 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

Young_Charter

I see the game pretty cheap on amazon and Im thinking about grabbing it. Is it a long game and worth my six bucks ? Convince me.

It's fun....gee will it kill you youtube a video or two of gameplay? It's a good game, it has minor flaws but it doesn't take away from the fun. Hell, even the story is really good. 

#13 Posted by Young_Charter (19876 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

happy_dude64

It's fun....gee will it kill you youtube a video or two of gameplay? It's a good game, it has minor flaws but it doesn't take away from the fun. Hell, even the story is really good. 

Pretty much a capcom iron man eh ?
#14 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I see the game pretty cheap on amazon and Im thinking about grabbing it. Is it a long game and worth my six bucks ? Convince me. Young_Charter

How the hell did you get Iron Man from that? Geeze...its a hybrid Uncharted, Crimsom Skies, and its own thing with a jetpack.

#15 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I played the demo for Dark Void and it was terrible.

#16 Posted by Young_Charter (19876 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="happy_dude64"]

happy_dude64

How the hell did you get Iron Man from that? Geeze...its a hybrid Uncharted, Crimsom Skies, and its own thing with a jetpack.

That hoe has a jetpack on his back and flies. That's how I got Iron Man from that.
#17 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Mmmno. More like The Rockateer instead, if you're old enough to remember that movie.
#18 Posted by Young_Charter (19876 posts) -
Mmmno. More like The Rockateer instead, if you're old enough to remember that movie.Kravyn81
ahh lol
#19 Posted by happy_dude64 (994 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kravyn81"]Mmmno. More like The Rockateer instead, if you're old enough to remember that movie.Young_Charter
ahh lol

Yeah that film pretty much. I just beat the game on the hardest difficulty, pretty easy. Good game for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a cult classic down the road.

#20 Posted by sukraj (22768 posts) -

The game is very underated.

#21 Posted by MondasM (1250 posts) -

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Kravyn81"]Mmmno. More like The Rockateer instead, if you're old enough to remember that movie.happy_dude64

ahh lol

Yeah that film pretty much. I just beat the game on the hardest difficulty, pretty easy. Good game for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a cult classic down the road.

or the cinemaware game rocket ranger, predating the movie.. :D