Why can't I play PS1 classics on PS4?

#1 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (986 posts) -

I mean its pretty ridiculous, I wanted to download some ps1 rpgs i missed out on and I can't play them on ps4.

#2 Posted by MethodManFTW (25360 posts) -

We don't know.

#3 Edited by Namgis (3570 posts) -

Why would you want to waste precious gaming hours on your PS4 on games that have been out for well over a decade, some close to two? PS Now will be available soon, so I guess that's something.

#4 Posted by SpiderLuke (465 posts) -

Same reason you can't make toast on the PS4.

#5 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

I've heard the PS4 is too powerful, and a PS1 game couldn't handle it's epicnes.

#6 Posted by jasean79 (2177 posts) -

Isn't that something they're considering for PS Now?

#7 Posted by MWright469 (149 posts) -

Lol.....

"PS4hasNOgames"

Nice name.

Don't feed the troll.

#8 Edited by Velocity (741 posts) -

PS one games will be on PS Now. And as a beta tester, IT'S GREAT!!!!

#9 Posted by bezza2011 (2200 posts) -

Whats going to happen mate when the time comes when PS4 is absolutely loaded with games like last gen compared to microsoft lol brilliant, lol Just like Microsoft always thinking of the short term gain and not the long term

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68841 posts) -

I mean its pretty ridiculous, I wanted to download some ps1 rpgs i missed out on and I can't play them on ps4.

Wait until PS Now comes

#11 Posted by Arcturus-Prime (48 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Wait until PS Now comes

hey there, whats PS now?

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68841 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Wait until PS Now comes

hey there, whats PS now?

With PS Now comes emulation, which means PS1 and PS2 games will be avaliable for PS4 with trophies most likely and you can play all Sony's games with PS Now for 60 bucks a year. It's like a rental service

#13 Posted by Arcturus-Prime (48 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm hyped to see how this turns out.

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68841 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm hyped to see how this turns out.

It's coming out for US this summer and Europe next january

#15 Edited by joseph_mach (3574 posts) -

@Namgis said:

Why would you want to waste precious gaming hours on your PS4 on games that have been out for well over a decade, some close to two? PS Now will be available soon, so I guess that's something.

That's an easy question to answer. And that answer is, at least in my book, Dragon Quest VIII. I'd spend another 100 or so precious gaming hours with that game. Just like some songs, women, and cars...there are some games that'll always be considered timeless.

#16 Edited by chiiill (17 posts) -

@Namgis said:

nostalgia