Why aren't Resogun or Trine on a disc?

#1 Posted by MDK12345 (349 posts) -

I really wish I could collect for these types of games but they are only on PSN. Why is this? Will trine ever come to disc? I don't see why not.

#2 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

@mdk12345 said:

I really wish I could collect for these types of games but they are only on PSN. Why is this? Will trine ever come to disc? I don't see why not.

Both are digital only indie titles. That's why.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

Would cost too much to print them on disc and distribute

#4 Edited by clr84651 (5338 posts) -

Because they are PSN games, not full games.

And probably to make you ask why in this forum. ;)

#5 Posted by commandokock (498 posts) -

it would increase production cost...plus it would be a waste to put such a small amount of data on such a huge capacity disc.

#6 Posted by MDK12345 (349 posts) -

So if u get games on PS4 digitally, do you lose them once you stop paying the monthly fee?

#7 Posted by MondasM (1210 posts) -

digital games / purchases for which one has paid, stay on their account as long as the service is active....

#8 Edited by dipdish (858 posts) -

@commandokock said:

plus it would be a waste to put such a small amount of data on such a huge capacity disc.

Unless, of course, it's Minecraft.

#9 Posted by Megavideogamer (5274 posts) -

Eventually there will be a PSN PS4 disc collection. Just as there is now PSN hits volume 1. With flower, Journey, Sound shapes Flow and fat princess all downloadable PSN games at launch. Now on disc

Resogun and other hits will be released on disc eventually.

#10 Edited by MDK12345 (349 posts) -

Eventually there will be a PSN PS4 disc collection. Just as there is now PSN hits volume 1. With flower, Journey, Sound shapes Flow and fat princess all downloadable PSN games at launch. Now on disc

Resogun and other hits will be released on disc eventually.

nice, do you think trine 1 or 2 ever will be?

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9695 posts) -

Because Atlus is a crappy publisher ? but then again Square Enix did the Same thing with Lara Croft and Totec ( typing "and The Guardian of Light" is just too much work) :)

both Great Games !

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69566 posts) -

They are indie developers. Only a highly succesful game like Minecraft would get the same treatement as other games and be released as a physical game. The rest are only on PSN

#13 Posted by MDK12345 (349 posts) -

so does that mean one day when ps3 is almost obsolete, these psn games will not exist?