Why all the hate for Dead Space 3??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm a fan of the series in general and I know that there were big changes in the 3rd(some good and bad)but overall I thought it was a solid tittle.

It had a lot more variety in environments, the player had more maneuvers in combat situations and the "DEEP" weapon crafting options alone made it a must buy for me. Now the general negatives that I've heard was that it wasn't as scary and the co-op....which I can somewhat agree with but the co-op is optional.

So for those who have played Dead Space 3, what was some of your likes or dislike about the game?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I enjoyed all 3 and was surprised at how much I like the 3rd one. But the 1st one will always be king imo.

I think DS3 got a lot of hate because it went away from the true horror roots. It just wasn't as scary as the first two.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MarcRecon

@marcheegsr said:

I enjoyed all 3 and was surprised at how much I like the 3rd one. But the 1st one will always be king imo.

I think DS3 got a lot of hate because it went away from the true horror roots. It just wasn't as scary as the first two.

Even though I already own the disc, I'm really looking forward to the free digital version we're gonna get with PLUS next month. :)

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I've never got around to finishing the game. I finished the first one probably 10 times, and the second one like 2 times. DS3 just didn't grab me and pull me in. I also didn't like all of the gun customizations. The way it was set up in the first two games was fine. Find a node...upgrade your crap. It's a shooter not an RPG. I want to kill Necros, not find parts and formulas.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

dead space series are awesome but i prefer the first

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i have a question:

Do i need to play dead space 1-2 in order to understand whats going on in dead space 3? because i havent beat DS yet (im stuck on chapter 10) and i havent even touched DS2 yet, buy i would like to jump straight to DS3 so i can play Co-op with my friend when it hits PS+.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

i have a question:

Do i need to play dead space 1-2 in order to understand whats going on in dead space 3? because i havent beat DS yet (im stuck on chapter 10) and i havent even touched DS2 yet, buy i would like to jump straight to DS3 so i can play Co-op with my friend when it hits PS+.

Not really but you will be confuse with the Main character love interest without understanding what happen to his relationship but it is not recommended to play Dead Space 2 but Dead Space 2 was really fun and a big upgrade from the first game. You can always youtube DS2 just for the story to understand. You can go straight to Dead Space 3 and I can't remember but I do know DS2 has a prequel video if you never play the first one so DS3 should have one which is for those who never play DS2.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MarcRecon

@FinalFighters:

Not really, just as EasyComeEasyGo said, you'll be a little confused storywise with 2 characters!

But the rest of the story isn't overly complicated! You and your friend will love the co op.

daviddiorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daviddiorio
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

Well the 1st one is my favorite of the three but I enjoyed the 3rd game even though it was completely different than the first two. It just didn't really feel like a survival horror game thought just because of there always seemed to be enough ammunition laying around so I wasn't really forced to conserve what I had.