Who wants nfl 2k series back

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who wants nfl 2k series back (5 votes)

yes 60%
no 20%
hate football due to madden 0%
dont like sports 0%
other please specify 20%

I am sick of $60 sports games with incremental changes and nfl needs to give up exclusive rights to madden. Madden shoukkd charge $20 for roster updates and small changes to graphics and gameplay every yr. Now they want to charge more this yr for like a season pass.

This article today gave me this idea for poll. http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/07/nbc-sports-calls-out-nfl-madden-says-franchise-sucks-and-pines-for-the-return-of-2k-series/

• 
ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I want 2k back to either force Madden to be better or just leave the industry. Nba 2k Is the only sports game that can charge full price and nba live coming back is good for competition at some point since it sucks ass too right now. Anyone who bought nba live for $60 after playing last yr demo is a fool. Ea should have charged $20 for the piece of dung.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

This guy sounds just like me. I had 2k5 with Owens on the cover. That was the best football game ever. I am a big football fan but I haven't played Madden in the longest time because it stinks. 2K is great!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The 2K series was garbage, line play and the running game were dreadful

What's really sad is that without the constraints of having to make a yearly title and having an all star roster 2K came back only to make....another awful game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ewalthour

@Jaysonguy: man you must be nuts. That game became better every yr and fun. Madden has been out for 25 yrs and barely make any changes every yr. I go a few yrs without Madden pick one up like last yr outdat ed graphic junk and nothing changes drastically which it should.

If nfl 2k was out now it would blow Madden away just by 2k pedigree to improve. Nba 2k embarrasses nba live from last yr. I mean that demo was the worst game I have seen even on ps2. The frame rate was horrid, player models a joke, gameplay outdated and graphics not even ps3.

This is how EA does business ever since not wanting competition. I want be buying Madden this yr unless it's used to return it.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BH14

@Jaysonguy said:

What's really sad is that without the constraints of having to make a yearly title and having an all star roster 2K came back only to make....another awful game.

ESPN NFL 2K5 had a 90 METASCORE. Yes I said a 90 METASCORE.... Has there ever been a Madden game that scored that high? No.... I think Madden games are getting like 70-80 metascores but the user score is a measly 5.6..... The people have spoken and are sick of Madden games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

ESPN NFL 2K5 had a 90 METASCORE. Yes I said a 90 METASCORE.... Has there ever been a Madden game that scored that high? No.... I think Madden games are getting like 70-80 metascores but the user score is a measly 5.6..... The people have spoken and are sick of Madden games.

So you're new to gaming?

You know the Madden that year beat 2K's score right?

As in Madden's score was higher (better) than 2K's

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@ewalthour said:

If nfl 2k was out now it would blow Madden away just by 2k pedigree to improve. Nba 2k embarrasses nba live from last yr. I mean that demo was the worst game I have seen even on ps2. The frame rate was horrid, player models a joke, gameplay outdated and graphics not even ps3.

This is how EA does business ever since not wanting competition. I want be buying Madden this yr unless it's used to return it.

Out of curiosity (because I don't like basketball games and haven't played 2k past demos), what has drastically improved in the NBA2K series?

From the demos I played on PS3, it didn't feel like they were making any big jumps either the past few years but it could be that I just didn't spend enough time with them.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ewalthour

@The_Rick_14: honestly I do not play every nba 2k per yr but based on others that get it every yr the game makes improvements. There is no doubt in my mind nba 2k will even ramp it up more with nba live in the picture. Let's look at Madden to nba 2k last yr. Nba 2k was considered the most next gen game out and I HAD Madden last yr and it look like s direct port from ps3 with very little graphic improvement.

Every other yr I play madden and it feels the same as 2 yrs ago. The only difference is the bells and whistles they brag about or some so call new mode that after a few days of playing is just a gimmick.

To answer your question there is no sports game worth $60 every yr but if one is worth $60 it's nba 2k. Madden took out competition and if you watch the link I provided the nfl lease isn't over until 2 yrs from now. It's unbelievable how Madden got away with this sh@% with 10 yrs of monopolizing the competition.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BH14

@Jaysonguy said:

@BH14 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

So you're new to gaming?

You know the Madden that year beat 2K's score right?

As in Madden's score was higher (better) than 2K's

Madden must have paid for those reviews. Classic EA! Explain all their garbage low ratings for the past few years. You can't sugarcoat those bad ratings.

Madden 25: 74 score

Madden 13: 83 score (5.5 user score)

Madden 12: 78 score (5.8 user score)

Madden Sheep will always be Madden Sheep. Baaaaaaaahhhhhh!... You can put a brick in the game box and they will buy it. No incentive to create a good game.... Football gamers have to buy it because EA purchased the NFL right and didn't want any competition for obvious reasons.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

Let's get one thing straight; there are people calling NFL 2K5 "the best ever." Not sure about that but definitely was the best of its generation. It was better than Madden that year for sure and it's a crime that EA Back-door-dealed 2K out of the 3rd party football business. Any competition would be great for any videogame genre.