who likes velocity 2x and sports friend free for PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I really don't know why these indie games get great reviews. I am so happy i never bought sports friend when it came out. I am tired of these games that feel like they should be on a on ps1insted of the ps4 the best system on the market. I tried both of these games and they are not good to me. Velocity cuts off most of the screen as you warp back in forth thru walls. Why is this game a 8-9/10 from most reviews?

Now sports friend seem like it could be a cool party game but why does it have these sprites from 1998 graphics? Joust just seems stupid by not moving the controller and the dunk game also just feels silly. So far the playroom is by far a funner interactive type of family game with ps4. I look at both of these games like demos since we are probably will barely get any demos since marketing proves demos could prevent high sales if the demo isnt impressive.

I can't wait until the Sherlock Holmes comes out the end of this month, then drive club, Little Big Planet, AC unity and then next yr like Division, Uncharted 4, Batman, phantom pain and MAYBE The order. These indie games touted as current gen games are a joke and I want AAA games to demonstrate what PS4 could look and play like. I want realistic characters, storyline and epic games like a blockbuster movie.

By the way, the more i read impressions of The Order the less I think the game will be any good. It will look good but so far it seems to play generically and most game journalist who played it at different shows seem to like it less and less with each different demo. I hope in the next few months The Order 1886 makes a turn around or get delayed a yr like Drive Club did. I think the victorian setting and story could be great but the gameplay seems too ordinary.

Who is still excited for Indie games and The Order 1886? I figured I would have a few themes in the same post since I don't feel like making multiple post.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Velocity 2 is just as boring as the first one is. The side scrolling areas seem fun for about 5 minutes. I wish I did not download it, another 0% on my trophy list

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Sportsfriends is awesome. If you have friends that will visit you play it with them!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Here's the metascores of the two PS+ freebies for PS4 this month:

Sportsfriends is sitting at 82/100 metascore. (LINKY)

Velocity 2x is sitting at 90/100 metascore. (LINKY)

As you can see there are two more quality releases on PS+ again for September. Happy gaming.

These two games mark 16 total PS+ free games on PS4 since November 2013 launch.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

PS+ has been dissapointing for the last 3 month's

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

You just reminded me Velocity 2x & others are now out and I must download them.

Sir, good foruming. I thank you with gusto.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ewalthour

@SolidTy: these metascores mean nothing to me other than gamers settle for mediocrity

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@ewalthour: Those aren't gamer scores, they are actual critic scores. The game is universally being accepted as a great game. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it doesn't mean it's crap because it's an indie game either.

I'm excited to play Velocity 2x soon.

danxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 danxxx
Member since 2005 • 687 Posts

Velocity is ok sportfriends meh i dont even have 2 controllers i though it had online multiplayer.....meh

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy

Here's the metascores of the two PS+ freebies for PS4 this month:

Sportsfriends is sitting at 82/100 metascore. (LINKY)

Velocity 2x is sitting at 90/100 metascore. (LINKY)

As you can see there are two more quality releases on PS+ again for September. Happy gaming.

These two games mark 16 total PS+ free games on PS4 since November 2013 launch.

@ewalthour said:

@SolidTy: these metascores mean nothing to me other than gamers settle for mediocrity

I was talking about Sportsfriends and Velocity 2X above and I linked the Metascores. The Metascores reflect not gamers, but CRITICS who like or dislike the games. It has nothing to do with gamers as you said. Why would I link the metascores? The metascores are just an indicator of various critic scores to give an idea to gamers thinking about downloading these titles if they should bother or not. So...gamers like you settle for mediocrity? You just said in another thread you cared about and wanted Sportsfriends:

"For the first time in months I get a game I care about (sportsfriends). I wanted the game..."

Enjoy Sportfriends which you consider mediocre but a game you want and care about...?

Personally, I've played Velocity 2X and I dig it. Sure, I wish they would give me $60 games, but I know it's just not going to happen for awhile as the PS4 is so new. The Xbone has only gotten 6 free XBL GwG games since it's launch and the Xbone is the same age as the PS4 (Nov 2013) launch, it was $500 at launch, and Xbox Live Gold is $60 instead of $50. I have to say, considering how the competition is treating their fans, the PS4 PS+ is good by comparison because we got 16 free PS+ games, our service was only $50, and the more powerful PS4 was $100 cheaper for $400 at launch.

16 free PS+ games >> 6 free GwG games. It is true, both machines are giving away piddly indie games though. Again, considering the alternative, the PS4 is the better deal. This comparison allows me to be less entitled and more thankful of the current PS+ situation on PS4.

@yokofox33 said:

@ewalthour: Those aren't gamer scores, they are actual critic scores. The game is universally being accepted as a great game. Doesn't mean you have to like it, but it doesn't mean it's crap because it's an indie game either.

I'm excited to play Velocity 2x soon.

Exactly. Thank you.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ewalthour

@SolidTy: ok on the metacrotic and I do concur that Psn+ is still worth the price with the free games we gave gotten in the pass and compared to Xbox membership.

chrnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By chrnod
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts

I agree with @ewalthour. Velocity is boring and sport friend as well. The last game that was released on ps+ that i really had interest in was mercenary kings.

Vivamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#13 Vivamp
Member since 2014 • 26 Posts

I've yet to try out velocity, but i tried out sportsfriends, and it seems like it would be fun if a had a couple people around, but it kinda felt more like one of those games you get free with your console rather than a paid game, although i guess thats why it was on plus.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ewalthour

@chrnod: I didn't like mercenary king either but dead nation,resogun and the shooter flying into the earths core is cool.

My point is that indie games seem to get great scores over alot of AAA games. It's almost as if they get a pass for being different yet not compelling and not having longevity.

I just can't wait for AAA games that are creative, compelling, high replay, great storyline, great chracter development and great gameplay utilzing the ps4 pad etc.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidTy

@ewalthour said:

@SolidTy: ok on the metacrotic and I do concur that Psn+ is still worth the price with the free games we gave gotten in the pass and compared to Xbox membership.

Great and I'm glad it's settled. :)