who is subscrbing to playsation now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll who is subscrbing to playsation now (25 votes)

yes 12%
no 64%
only when price drop 24%

I have to laugh at Sony bragging about ps4 sales and talking bad about xbox ea deal.Then they try to sell a product where you pay $2 per 4 hrs of old games that some may only cost $2 used game in a store. If I am not mistaken they wanted to sell it for more. They should do like guys in discussion Said on gameinformer with Netflix subscription with $2 a DAY.

Also guys stated why Sony blasted ea deal with Xbox isn't good for us is because they are doing the same thing. Sony ps now is way worse deal. I wouldn't rent none of these games and have no interest in ps3 games let alone fatten Sony pocket.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/playstation-now-enters-open-beta-tomorrow-lowering-some-prices-soon.aspx

• 
ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

If ps4 wasn't such a great product but with all the suck ass service sony has provided. I would never by a PlayStation system again. This is how I feel so far in the 6 to 8 months since launch. We only are getting what benefits Sony financially.

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

The fact that you have to pay to subscribe, and then pay again to 'rent' a game for a limited amount of time, it's just; no, it's not worth it.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Nope, I like the idea but at the same time, I have no need to play a lagged/compressed version of a game which is old, not my cup of teaId rather them do what they did with the PS3 allow me download the games, just like how nintendo has there whole catalog.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Not at the current prices, that's for sure.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

No way. It's crazy to rent a game for a few hours for several dollars. Plus the service sucked on the beta I played.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@ewalthour it's still in beta mate, they said they will change the prices eventually, they have put down the price of the games of a dollar already. When it's out we can bash it all we want. But atm we have to wait and see

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

The fact that you have to pay to subscribe, and then pay again to 'rent' a game for a limited amount of time, it's just; no, it's not worth it.

Wait, what? Is that really how it is? I've been confused about how PS Now is supposed to work. Initially I thought it was going to be a subscription service where you have access to a bunch of games with the rentals being its own separate thing. Now, that doesn't seem to be the case and that rentals are the ONLY part of it. But I've never heard that you have to pay for a subscription for the ability to even rent the games. That would be stupid if true, but I'm clearly still confused as to how the service is supposed to work and what you have to pay for.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@SoNin360: maybe he means u pay for ps+ to use it then rental fee? I am not sure if it requires ps+ or not

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ewalthour

@The_Last_Ride: hey mate when are Sony going to Change the price? Maybe it's a typo but dualshockers is stating that you are paying for the beta. I can even convey my thoughts if this true. Anyone please tell me this isn't true.

If this is true gamers have to be extremely dumb to give them money while they are guinea pigs testing there glitchy lagged infested and barely compressed(from what I hear) game program.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Nope, I got 2 PS3's that work just fine, the service is not beneficial to me! But at the same time if you know anything about marketing, you would know that Sony is targeting a specific group.

They are going after first time PlayStation buyers who might be interested in the older classic exclusives.

It's a smart idea but they underestimated the numbers this early of the consoles cycle.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@thegamingjunkie said:

You don't have to pay to subscribe in addition to renting the game. I'm not sure who told you that. I did get a kick out of that though, lol.

It's just a way to rent games, that's it. No pay to subscribe then pay again to rent going on in PSNow.

I was in the Beta, but truth be told in all my years I've never been much of a renter. I'm a collector so renting's not my thing.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidTy

@SoNin360 said:

@thegamingjunkie said:

Wait, what? Is that really how it is? I've been confused about how PS Now is supposed to work. Initially I thought it was going to be a subscription service where you have access to a bunch of games with the rentals being its own separate thing. Now, that doesn't seem to be the case and that rentals are the ONLY part of it. But I've never heard that you have to pay for a subscription for the ability to even rent the games. That would be stupid if true, but I'm clearly still confused as to how the service is supposed to work and what you have to pay for.

No, that's not how it is, lol.

It's just a rental service that happens to use streaming technology instead of downloading.

I'm not a renter, BUT I know how it works since I was in the Beta when the games were free. That's rather humorous how he came up with the concept to pay for a subscription to rent games and now it's catching on. It just cracks me up how misinformation spreads so easily.

As I said, I'm not much of a renter as I'm a collector, but yeah. It's like going to a store, seeing a game to rent and then paying to rent that game. You get 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, or even 90 day rental periods. It's all still in Beta though so nothing is official.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

I honestly don't see the point of playing old games period.......

Reason PS Now sucks is because

1. You can obtain these games for dirt cheap through alternative methods
  2. Steam sales
  3. Redbox whatever deal better
  4. EA deal better, Gamestop better deals, heck even Best Buy sells theses game for $5 in the bin lol
ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ewalthour

Sorry if I misinformed on subscribing since this isnt the case. This program has been confusing from day one. I am also not the type to rent unless it's a free trial.

The program is still whack and too expensive.

Update

The only way this service is any good is if you can rent ps4 games for ex, the New AAA games 3-4$ for a 24 hrs then you can decide to buy and indie and older ps4 games $2 for 24 hrs.

Since demos are extinct at least the brand new games maybe worth this price.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

At a reasonable, set subscription price I'll consider it, especially if the games are good. But paying for a rental on a game-to-game basis? No thanks. Horrible value.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

only if they start a netflix like subscription where you can just play anything for free after

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@The_Last_Ride: hey mate when are Sony going to Change the price? Maybe it's a typo but dualshockers is stating that you are paying for the beta. I can even convey my thoughts if this true. Anyone please tell me this isn't true.

If this is true gamers have to be extremely dumb to give them money while they are guinea pigs testing there glitchy lagged infested and barely compressed(from what I hear) game program.

i have no idea, i live in europe. So i don't have the faintest idea

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

@SolidTy: lol, my bad maybe. I havent been following up in ps now for quite a while, I just read from Games Radar few months ago along with renting games, you have to subscribe for ps now individually first. Though maybe that's the beta and its different? I don't know, I'm probably wrong.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bezza2011

@ewalthour said:

Yes they are charging the prices for the BETA, but it's turning out to be not as bad as we make out, most people i've spoken to, are saying it's pretty much lag free, a very slight lag but not really noticable, i know someone is playing frew killzone 3 at 90-95% lag free and i know someone else has completed dead island and enjoyed it, so people are getting a great service, but yes they are being charged money for each game, prices are still way to high, i just hope that the reason there doing the beta with prices is to see how many people opt for the prices or stay away from them, the worst is, how can you expect someone to pay a price when they have no way of even seeing if it's good in the first place, but it's happening and people are positive with the service just not the prices.

Me personally believe the prices would be ok, if say they offered a $5/10 monthly subscription fee similar to amazon prime/netflix/hulu, it needs to compete on that level for it to be sucessful maybe it could be like a option for ps+ owners as an extra and you pay a small extra fee a month for it or something, I'm a little bit put off that there PS3 games on there, and not what they was saying about PS2/1 games would of made alot more sense.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolidTy

@thegamingjunkie said:

@SolidTy: lol, my bad maybe. I havent been following up in ps now for quite a while, I just read from Games Radar few months ago along with renting games, you have to subscribe for ps now individually first. Though maybe that's the beta and its different? I don't know, I'm probably wrong.

It's all good. Yeah, it's free to look at PSNow games and then the only thing you pay for is the time per game to rent, if anything at all.

No sub required. Happy gaming. :)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ewalthour

@bezza2011: yeah I checked out the service and gamespot had a nice article comparing prices of ps now with buying a used game. The walkthrough video does mention a possible subscription.

I just can't believe not only the prices but they are chrarging to test out the system. Why in the he'll they can't give it to us free at least for a few hrs then a charge would stop gameplay if you think u like the smoothness of the service?

Even if it runs smoothly I want be paying for it. The only game I can be slightly tempted to playis ''RE outbreak.

Bezz you are aware phantom pain will have a hr long presentation 8/13 prior to gamescom with new ganeplay? I cant wait for that among possible new ip's announced.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Doesn't matter + I wouldn't change prices lulz its basically free money for SONY

Its like the apple effect pay 3 to 4 times more than what this crap is actually worth :p

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Yea I understand it should be free but at the same time maybe there testing the waters with the new pricing, seeing if anyone would buy into it. but totally get your view, plus when they introduced this concept in the first place all they talked about was it being for older games, from the PS2 and PS1 with no mention of PS3 and low and behold it comes out and it's PS3 games, the only way it's going to work is by a subscription i will not be paying into it either way tho, i couldn't give 2 hoots about old games i'm all for the future.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Hell no! I hate renting and I hate streaming. I have never in my life wanted to see something videogame related fail as much as I want to see Playstation Now fail because if it is successful, I think it will set a bad precedent for the future of videogames.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ewalthour

@starwolf474:

@bezza2011 said:

@ewalthour: Yea I understand it should be free but at the same time maybe there testing the waters with the new pricing, seeing if anyone would buy into it. but totally get your view, plus when they introduced this concept in the first place all they talked about was it being for older games, from the PS2 and PS1 with no mention of PS3 and low and behold it comes out and it's PS3 games, the only way it's going to work is by a subscription i will not be paying into it either way tho, i couldn't give 2 hoots about old games i'm all for the future.

I am glad some of you guys are using your brain. I have no desire to play old games.

On another note, I just like reading RE 1 is being remastered and I am like how much of this will these developers ride this gravy train? I liked RE 1 but loved RE2 but the problem is it being remastered. If you are going to rehash a game after it being a old classic then it should be completely overhauled. I would even change the robotic controls to the modern free style movement. I read they will make some adjustments to camera etc but doesn't seem like a complete revolution to the old style.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

I think the only way PS Now could possibly be successful is if they made it like Netflix. Maybe $10-15 per month and you'd have unlimited access to certain PS3 games.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Totally agree, as soon as i heard RE1 was being remastered, I just thought money grab, no actual creativeness went into it, if there going to re do it, then reboot the series, make it even more scary in the mansion, make the controls as free as possible like the newest games, just don't slap a 1080p coat of paint over it, i've been there done that, i've moved on, I don't want it, I won't be buying into it, what needs to happen is what i said and then make Resi 2 more open, i want a 21st century resi not just a coat of paint.

drodriguesaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 drodriguesaar
Member since 2012 • 173 Posts

If the Playstation Now becomes a service with a subscription system like netflix or becomes part of the PS Plus Subscription, It'll be a really succedded product and service and will aggregate a big value to the console.