Who is getting Persona 4: Arena this Tuesday?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Hey duders,

I've been on the fence about P4:A for quite awhile now.. I didn't particularly enjoy BlazBlue, and I haven't played Persona 3 or Persona 4.. However the fighting game community has been pretty hype for P4:A so I've been watching a lot of footage and the game just looks beautiful, very accessible, and most importantly really damn fun. Reports are that the whole single player will take around 30 hours to complete as well, which sounds off to me (like claims Borderlands 2 takes over 50 hours to complete) but I'm still excited for that element of the game none the less.

What do you guys think? Any of you guys planning on getting the game day 1? If so, feel free to post up your PSN tag here and we can all play some games once it comes out. :)

Persona-4-The-Ultimate-In-Mayonaka-Arena

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Chances are that I won't be picking this game up on Tuesday, but it is most definitely on my radar. Much like you, I didn't really take to Blazblue as much as I would have liked to. In fact, both the Blazblue and the Guilty Gear series have felt very foriegn to me in terms of the fighting game experience they offer, and while I can appreciate those games in terms of what they offer, I just didn't enjoy playing them nearly as much. That being said, Persona 4 is one of my all-time favorite RPGs, and I'm hoping that the familiarity of the P4: Arena's cast and a seemingly somewhat simplified system compared to the game's spirtual predecessors can allow me to get into it a little more.

My only worry is that between the fighters that I'm currently playing (mainly SSF4: AE and VF5: Showdown) and Dead or Alive 5 (a game that will no doubt occupy the majority of my gaming time) coming out, how much of a rush I should be in for this game. Still, I can probably make a little room for it from a gaming perspective, and it is a game I do want in the collection, at least. :P

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
:(
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the story mode did take that long to finish though. I think it took me a good 25 hours to get the True Ending in BlazBlue CS so ASW definitely knows how to build a meaty SP mode.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Definitely. It has a cast of characters I already love and a good wealth of single player content so, I'm basically sold. Also, since the story is actually a sequel to Persona 4 I'm very curious has to what happens story wise which is an odd thing to say about a fighting game.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Waiting for a sale on a fight stick, then I'll dive right in.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW

Gxgear
Oh man, they were having some insane deals during Evo.. Whenever the next major is I'm sure there will be some good discounts. I'm a pad player myself but I was watching my man Renic's stream, and since he is moving he is selling most of his stuff insanely cheap.. TE Sticks and other stuff were going for as low as $25.. Almost made me want to try stick again. :P
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

MethodManFTW

Oh man, they were having some insane deals during Evo.. Whenever the next major is I'm sure there will be some good discounts. I'm a pad player myself but I was watching my man Renic's stream, and since he is moving he is selling most of his stuff insanely cheap.. TE Sticks and other stuff were going for as low as $25.. Almost made me want to try stick again. :P

Yeah I was eyeballing it the whole time, was still hesitant then, wasn't able to pull the trigger.

esgallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 esgallad
Member since 2012 • 99 Posts

Preordered this 2 months ago. Finally, it's around the corner. Always loved playing fighting games, so when I heard my favorite RPG series is going fighter, I was definitely hyped. Local multiplayer is going to be fun too, because I have two cousins who preordered this as well.

PSN is esgallad, but I probably won't be playing online until I master the characters I'd be using. I'm way to competitive.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW

Preordered this 2 months ago. Finally, it's around the corner. Always loved playing fighting games, so when I heard my favorite RPG series is going fighter, I was definitely hyped. Local multiplayer is going to be fun too, because I have two cousins who preordered this as well.

PSN is esgallad, but I probably won't be playing online until I master the characters I'd be using. I'm way to competitive.

esgallad
What's esgallad mean?
esgallad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 esgallad
Member since 2012 • 99 Posts
[QUOTE="esgallad"]

MethodManFTW
What's esgallad mean?

No idea. Egg salad? :P
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Nah I don't like the graphics....plus I have not bought a fighting game since Tekken 2.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="esgallad"]

esgallad
What's esgallad mean?

No idea. Egg salad? :P

I still don't get it. :( The netcode is fantastic for P4:A on PS3.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I'm not sure... I fell in love with Persona 3 but most of the cast is from Persona 4 which I haven't played. Plus, I'm almost sick of fighters right now, having played a lot of SSF4 and MK lately.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I have it preordered on Amazon.
Lunarblade0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lunarblade0
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Have it preordered and picking it up tomorrow! I'm so excited to get beck into this series even though it's a combat game. I had no idea it was a sequel to Persona 4:shock:

Feel free to add LunarBlade if you want a contender. I'm a bit rusty with fighting games so it may be a while before I participate in an online session. Glad to hear a lengthy single player campaign. :D

VitaBz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VitaBz
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
I am going to wait a few days to see some reviews.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'll wait for it to go on sale.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

So, I'm a complete Persona Noob. It's going to have a Campaign and MP?

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

So, I'm a complete Persona Noob. It's going to have a Campaign and MP?

Terrencec06
It's a fighting game, so yeah.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#21 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Pre-Ordered mine but have to wait til the end of the month for the UK release :(

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No i'm not getting it.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Me! PSN: sonicboom4321
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
the way it plays looks like blazeBlue and i dont really like that game so i might pass on this
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

P4:A is currently scoring 86 on Metacritic with 10 (critic) reviews in.
Link: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/persona-4-arena

One thing these reviews are all saying is that the game has alot of content. My worry was that this was going to be a bare-bones novelty. Looks like that isn't the case and I'll be picking mine up on payday.

Here's a link to the full character moves list: http://ca.ign.com/wikis/persona-4-arena/Characters

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I really enjoyed Blazblue and CS, and while I do like the art style I don't think I could handle another competitive fighting game. Too many things to keep track of from the looks of it

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Eh... I'll get it when it's 25 bucks. My full price buys are reserved for Xcom Enemy Unknown for the PC, and Way of the Samarai 4 for the PS3. One's due on the 21st and the other is due October 9th.