Who Have Burn Ins On Their Vita Screen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

I'm assuming theirs no fix with this and im assuming a lot of people have this problem. I have some burn ins on my screen, only viewable when the screen goes black. Its not a major problem, but its a eyesore for me. When the srceen goes black during loading of a game i sit their waiting for the game to load, only to have my self getting irretated by those spots and what look like skratches. 

My question is honestly who have this problem and how long have you own your Vita? dat OLED comes with a cost... 

example:
uAPSf.jpg 

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Had some since the start. Doesn't disturb me at all.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
WOW mine is definitely not that bad, but when the screen is all black, ill have a few black lines going across my screen. Doesn't bother me much since you only see it when your not playing anything :P
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
All oled screen have that.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts
That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?SoNin360
It happens when you leave your Vita long enough on a static image.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoNin360
[QUOTE="SoNin360"]That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?lilnazar

Ah, but wouldn't having your Vita go into standby mode or whatever it is that makes the screen go black after leaving your Vita alone for a few minutes or so prevent the problem?
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lilnazar

[QUOTE="lilnazar"][QUOTE="SoNin360"]That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?SoNin360

Ah, but wouldn't having your Vita go into standby mode or whatever it is that makes the screen go black after leaving your Vita alone for a few minutes or so prevent the problem?

From what I've read so far. You can get burn in by for example using the browser on pages that has static images. Or if you view for example a wall of text on the browser on your Vita long enough, it can also cause burn in AND if you are creating levels on LBPV in create mode. 

So yeah, might watch out for that. Personally I didn't know about this until I found out about it like 1 month ago or so.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Mine had spots out of the box but I read that it's normal.
12qazx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 12qazx
Member since 2005 • 1435 Posts

I had those the first day I got it.  They only show up on dark screens but not on bright colorful images.  Even though I got two vertical lines, two horizontal lines in the middle and a small blob in the upper left corner of the screen, it's annoying. You would think the device you spent a lot of money on wouldn't have issues like that, but it's common, and that is awful.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lilnazar

If we are talking about that "green goo" showing in the dark, then it's got nothing to do with Burn ins. People say it's natural with the OLED screens, especially on the Vita.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I have a circle in the middle =D
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I would be compelled to replace my Vita if it had any issues like that. That looks disgusting. I have no lines, no burn in, no noticeable spots or blotches or anything of the sort. One irritating scratch but I can always replace the faceplate down the line like with my PSP.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?lilnazar

complete fallacy. all OLED devices will have this. its a drawback of the technology. your VITA will have this from day one. all of them have it to some degree.

this is NOT caused by burn in. this is a product of the manufacturing process.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Geminon
[QUOTE="famicommander"]I would be compelled to replace my Vita if it had any issues like that. That looks disgusting. I have no lines, no burn in, no noticeable spots or blotches or anything of the sort. One irritating scratch but I can always replace the faceplate down the line like with my PSP.

i promise you do, every single vita does from day one. its one of the drawbacks of OLED. unless the room you are playing in is pitch black though, you most likely will never see the lines or blotches.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

If you can only notice when you screen goes Black it may not be burn in, its just something OLED Screens have. Im too lazy but look up but look up Ps Vita Burn In Test Image or whatever, you wallpaper the Plain colour screen and it shows you if you have any burn in.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Lucky me so far, I got none, I remember having a burn on my first verison PSP and it was indeed an eyesore 

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="famicommander"]I would be compelled to replace my Vita if it had any issues like that. That looks disgusting. I have no lines, no burn in, no noticeable spots or blotches or anything of the sort. One irritating scratch but I can always replace the faceplate down the line like with my PSP.

i promise you do, every single vita does from day one. its one of the drawbacks of OLED. unless the room you are playing in is pitch black though, you most likely will never see the lines or blotches.

I have never noticed any image distortion even on black screens or during long play sessions. It may be an issue inherent to OLED but it clearly affects some more than others, because I've never seen anything remotely close to what is going on in the OP. And I've had my Vita for awhile now.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoNin360
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="famicommander"]I would be compelled to replace my Vita if it had any issues like that. That looks disgusting. I have no lines, no burn in, no noticeable spots or blotches or anything of the sort. One irritating scratch but I can always replace the faceplate down the line like with my PSP.

Yeah, I couldn't see any of that on my Vita. But I placed it near a bright light and saw some horizontal lines, but that didn't look out of the ordinary and there are definitely no blotches or anything.
buwiset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 buwiset
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

That is called "mura effect" all OLED screens have that. You can easily see this when you are playing in a pitch black room with your screen brightness set to the highest. Try playing in a pitch black room any game that has a black loading screen like Uncharted, you will see this effect.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

All OLED screens have those blotches, it has nothing to do with burn-in. My Zune HD has the same thing.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lilnazar
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="famicommander"]Complete misunderstanding. I was talking about burn in. I kno

[QUOTE="lilnazar"][QUOTE="SoNin360"]That would bug me, how does that happen anyway?Geminon

complete fallacy. all OLED devices will have this. its a drawback of the technology. your VITA will have this from day one. all of them have it to some degree.

this is NOT caused by burn in. this is a product of the manufacturing process.

Complete misunderstanding. I was talking about burn ins. I know that green goo is normal on OLED and has nothing to do with burn ins. He was talking about how burn ins occur. And I answered that.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lilnazar

People try to understand this before you write more sh1t.

That green splatter or whatever, is NOT burn in. It happens when you are in a dark place and view for example a black image. This can happen. IT DOES NOT DESTROY YOUR SCREEN. IT'S NORMAL.

Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned. For example like this...

THIS IS BURN IN: 

9LruZ.png

THIS IS NOT BURN IN:

32397__MG_2690.jpg

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Geminon

That green splatter or whatever, is NOT burn in. It happens when you are in a dark place and view for example a black image. This can happen. IT DOES NOT DESTROY YOUR SCREEN. IT'S NORMAL.

THIS IS BURN IN: 

9LruZ.png

THIS IS NOT BURN IN:

32397__MG_2690.jpg

lilnazar
your post is the most shit of the all.... your screen doesnt "burn" when you get burn in.... it is just a figure of speech. the phosphors in a certain area age at a more rapid pace, causing a difference in how bright they are compared to the area around them, resulting in a ghost like image of whatever was on the screen. also, the picture you posted is not burn in, it is still the mura effect that all OLED screens have. do some research yourself before you post stupid crap.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lilnazar

[QUOTE="lilnazar"]

THIS IS BURN IN: 

9LruZ.png

THIS IS NOT BURN IN:

32397__MG_2690.jpg

Geminon

your post is the most shit of the all.... your screen doesnt "burn" when you get burn in.... it is just a figure of speech. the phosphors in a certain area age at a more rapid pace, causing a difference in how bright they are compared to the area around them, resulting in a ghost like image of whatever was on the screen. also, the picture you posted is not burn in, it is still the mura effect that all OLED screens have. do some research yourself before you post stupid crap.

Lol, are you that butthurt about it? When did I say your screen literally "burn" when you get burn-ins? That's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. I've never even written such statement. When you get burn-in on your Vita's screen, it's a permament damage to the screen. And yes the picture is burn-in. Not any ultra BS. It's funny how you're still butthurt about things ever since Soul Sacrifice. Lol sad, just completely sad...

I'll post another pic so you can understand what burn in is.  Burn-in-1-600x541.jpg

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"]

THIS IS BURN IN: 

9LruZ.png

THIS IS NOT BURN IN:

32397__MG_2690.jpg

lilnazar

Lol, are you that butthurt about it? When did I say your screen literally "burn" when you get burn-ins? That's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. I've never even written such statement. When you get burn-in on your Vita's screen, it's a permament damage to the screen. And yes the picture is burn-in. Not any ultra BS. It's funny how you're still butthurt about things ever since Soul Sacrifice. Lol sad, just completely sad...

I'll post another pic so you can understand what burn in is.  Burn-in-1-600x541.jpg

"Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned" nice try buddy... you cant hide your idiotic comments. the first screen you posted, and the second screen you posted.... COMPLETELY different things. you dont even know what you are talking about. gratz on googling "vita burn in" and finding a picture that is actually of what you are claiming. must have been a complicated process for you.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lilnazar
[QUOTE="lilnazar"]

[QUOTE="Geminon"] your post is the most shit of the all.... your screen doesnt "burn" when you get burn in.... it is just a figure of speech. the phosphors in a certain area age at a more rapid pace, causing a difference in how bright they are compared to the area around them, resulting in a ghost like image of whatever was on the screen. also, the picture you posted is not burn in, it is still the mura effect that all OLED screens have. do some research yourself before you post stupid crap.Geminon

"Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned" nice try buddy... you cant hide your idiotic comments. the first screen you posted, and the second screen you posted.... COMPLETELY different things. you dont even know what you are talking about. gratz on googling "vita burn in" and finding a picture that is actually of what you are claiming. must have been a complicated process for you.

Lol, nope. More like it was complicated for you to understand. Yeah I wrote "Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned", it's partly true. The reason you get burn in is because the image has "fused" (I guess you could say that), with the screen. Which in return leaves marks from the picture. Get more asshurt. Lol still crying about Soul Sacrifice reviews.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"]Lol, are you that butthurt about it? When did I say your screen literally "burn" when you get burn-ins? That's the most stupidest thing I've ever heard. I've never even written such statement. When you get burn-in on your Vita's screen, it's a permament damage to the screen. And yes the picture is burn-in. Not any ultra BS. It's funny how you're still butthurt about things ever since Soul Sacrifice. Lol sad, just completely sad...

lilnazar

Lol, nope. More like it was complicated for you to understand. Yeah I wrote "Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned", it's partly true. The reason you get burn in is because the image has "fused" (I guess you could say that), with the screen. Which in return leaves marks from the picture. Get more asshurt. Lol still crying about Soul Sacrifice reviews.

wut? that isnt even remotely close to what happens with burn in... you have no freaking idea what you are talking about! there is no "fusing" of anything....burn in is caused by the rapid aging of the phosphors in a screen, causing them to be less bright than those around them, which causes a ghostly image of whatever aged them. stop spouting bullshit out of your ass. you arent helping anything. spreading misinformation makes you look like a complete fool.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lilnazar
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"][QUOTE="Geminon"] "Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned" nice try buddy... you cant hide your idiotic comments. the first screen you posted, and the second screen you posted.... COMPLETELY different things. you dont even know what you are talking about. gratz on googling "vita burn in" and finding a picture that is actually of what you are claiming. must have been a complicated process for you.

wut? that isnt even remotely close to what happens with burn in... you have no freaking idea what you are talking about! there is no "fusing" of anything....burn in is caused by the rapid aging of the phosphors in a screen, causing them to be less bright than those around them, which causes a ghostly image of whatever aged them. stop spouting bullshit out of your ass. you arent helping anything. spreading misinformation makes you look like a complete fool.

If you are so educated, when please do a new post then and explain to these people what Burn In really is. Because right now, all you do is keep arguing with me when you should explain what these stuff are.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"]Lol, nope. More like it was complicated for you to understand. Yeah I wrote "Burn ins is when the image or screen has burned", it's partly true. The reason you get burn in is because the image has "fused" (I guess you could say that), with the screen. Which in return leaves marks from the picture. Get more asshurt. Lol still crying about Soul Sacrifice reviews.lilnazar

If you are so educated, when please do a new post then and explain to these people what Burn In really is. Because right now, all you do is keep arguing with me when you should explain what these stuff are.

pretty sure that is exactly what i did by correcting you....but you continue to act like you are right. whatever man, be ignorant if you want.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lilnazar
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"][QUOTE="Geminon"] wut? that isnt even remotely close to what happens with burn in... you have no freaking idea what you are talking about! there is no "fusing" of anything....burn in is caused by the rapid aging of the phosphors in a screen, causing them to be less bright than those around them, which causes a ghostly image of whatever aged them. stop spouting bullshit out of your ass. you arent helping anything. spreading misinformation makes you look like a complete fool.

pretty sure that is exactly what i did by correcting you....but you continue to act like you are right. whatever man, be ignorant if you want.

Why not just sum it up as whole post? Ignorant hater.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"]If you are so educated, when please do a new post then and explain to these people what Burn In really is. Because right now, all you do is keep arguing with me when you should explain what these stuff are.lilnazar

how about know what you are talking about before you post misinformation and lead people astray? ignorant ****. dont come bitching to me because i pointed out that you dont know what the **** you are talking about.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lilnazar
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"][QUOTE="Geminon"] pretty sure that is exactly what i did by correcting you....but you continue to act like you are right. whatever man, be ignorant if you want.

how about know what you are talking about before you post misinformation and lead people astray? ignorant ****. dont come bitching to me because i pointed out that you dont know what the **** you are talking about.

Damn, you're mad as heck. How am I posting misinformation? Just because I got one picture wrong, doesn't make it misinformation.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Geminon
[QUOTE="Geminon"][QUOTE="lilnazar"]Why not just sum it up as whole post? Ignorant hater.lilnazar

Damn, you're mad as heck. How am I posting misinformation? Just because I got one picture wrong, doesn't make it misinformation.

nothing you said about burn in was correct.... or do you have such a short memory you dont remember posting all that BS?