who hates the word leaked?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ewalthour

Poll who hates the word leaked? (11 votes)

yes 55%
no 27%
maybe 9%
dont care 27%

I am so sick and tired of hearing this word either on the news stations or related to games. I don't believe for a second 90% of the time game publishers dont have control over their content getting exposed online without their consent. Somehow I believe this stupid ass word is used just to get more buzz to make people think this is coveted info. Also the consensus must be people will clamour more and bring more excitement to their product or story.

• 
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Did you hear about the watchdogs leak? it got so leaked this week, that its leaking like a leaky tap that's being fixed or released next week, its just so leaking unbelievable.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Me, makes me want to take a leak.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

can you fix this leaky faucet? it leaks so much i could wash leeks with the leak.

LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@starwarsjunky said:

@BattleSpectre said:

can you fix this leaky faucet? it leaks so much i could wash leeks with the leak.

LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol'd.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@GTR12: I just hate my intelligence insulted and so should people in general. Although o do think most people do not think for themselves and trust media and other sources way too much.

That was funny on the leak bit you just wrote. Also the word rumour and sources tell me such and such..I believe in reporting facts not opinions etc.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Its a word, so no I do not hate it. As for the concept, yes I am sure some companys use it as a viral type promotion, But from the amount of angry developers to straight up false info or things being changed its a much more complex issue than just a PR tactic.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@ewalthour said:

@GTR12: I just hate my intelligence insulted and so should people in general. Although o do think most people do not think for themselves and trust media and other sources way too much.

That was funny on the leak bit you just wrote. Also the word rumour and sources tell me such and such..I believe in reporting facts not opinions etc.

just take all of the above as nothing but rumors that are likely untrue. its what i do.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

It's just a word..

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@ewalthour:

I replied the way I did for 1 reason, this doesn't relate or/is limited to PlayStation only, its not suited for this board.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

leakage

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ewalthour

@GTR12: this term relates to newspaper articles, gaming on all platforms. So yes this is appropriate for ps4 forums because I am sick and tired of hearing this word for every other article about a ps4 game or xbox game. I want the term to be deleted from people vocab.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#12 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@ewalthour:

Well That's never going to happen so you need to suck it up and deal with the word.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ewalthour

no need for hostility. Just because I hate the way things are in this world doesn't mean I have to accept it. I deal with stupidiness everyday. As long as people exist there will be stupid choices and decision which is why man isn't infallible especially the pope.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@ewalthour said:

no need for hostility. Just because I hate the way things are in this world doesn't mean I have to accept it. I deal with stupidiness everyday. As long as people exist there will be stupid choices and decision which is why man isn't infallible especially the pope.

well, you are infallible right? :P

Also, stupidiness is not a word.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@mattykovax said:

Its a word, so no I do not hate it. As for the concept, yes I am sure some companys use it as a viral type promotion, But from the amount of angry developers to straight up false info or things being changed its a much more complex issue than just a PR tactic.

Yeah, this. I mean, I don't hate word, per se, nor the concept of 'leaking' info.....at least when you're talking like TRUE major leaking of info--i.e. NSA, Snowden-style level shit. But in the gaming world, it terminology and usage of it has been so overused--and probably abused--so much by the industry and companies that sometimes use it as means to get their name and game in news, that at times--like you stated--when genuine 'leaks' do happen it's hard to tell the difference.

But in short, while I don't hate the word the overuse of it in the gaming media outlet can be annoying.......especially when the info is WRONG (i.e. like the supposed 'leak' of Sony's E3 conference info for this year).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Yeah it really pisses me off to no end. That and how people like making threads announcing an anouncement two weeks before it announced.