Which should be my first PS4 game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Prince_Denspion (2550 posts) 5 months, 4 days ago

Poll: Which should be my first PS4 game? (33 votes)

Killzone: Shadow Fall 39%
Battlefield 4 21%
Call of Duty: Ghost 6%
other (specify) 27%

I need a little help deciding which game to make my first PS4 purchase when I pick up my system next week. I have 3 top choices for which games i'm interested in until the next exclusives launch later.

So based on you guys opinions and experience in all 3 games listed, which do you recommend I pick up first?

#1 Posted by MarcRecon (5365 posts) -

Even though I'm a COD fan I would say you can't go wrong with either BF4 or KZ:Shadow Fall. There has been some noticeable changes to COD, but at the core it's the same game I've been playing since 2007.

It's still a great game but it's something that you can wait to get once it hits the bargain-ben.

#2 Posted by suade907 (346 posts) -

I would go with BF4 for online play. COD is great and the maps are much larger than previous games but it still plays and feels the same as always. BF4 when it works well is pretty awesome. I haven't tried the story yet. The china rising maps are pretty cool. Killzone looks great, I played the first hour or so and was very happy with everything I had seen. I will definitely go back to it. I played the Multiplayer for only a little bit but what i saw was very interesting but not quite the scale of BF4. I think you'll be happy with all of them but for me BF4 has spent the most time in my drive.

#3 Edited by marcheegsr (2408 posts) -

Battlefield 4

I couldn't choose so I got both.

#4 Edited by jasean79 (1991 posts) -

None of those, if those were my only choices.

There's nothing really worth spending your $60 on just yet. Best I would suggest is joing PS Plus (if you haven't already) and download the few free games on there right now.

#5 Posted by SoNin360 (5177 posts) -

Whatever you want... but since you want opinions, I'd personally play an exclusive first, just because. I plan on having Infamous: Second Son being my first PS4 game. Of those games you listed, I only plan on playing Killzone. But I'm not hugely into online FPS anymore, so you might be better off with Cod of BF, depending on the type of experience you prefer.

#6 Edited by rockinpapa (40 posts) -

In my opinion FPS games aren't the ones you would want to grab first for your console, and I would grab AC4, but if you really want a good FPS then BF4. Good luck!

#7 Posted by Undue_Influence (41 posts) -

It really depends on what genre you enjoy and how you want to play it. If you want online multi-player play and enjoy FPS then the best option is BF4. This will keep you entertained and ensure you get your monies worth if you enjoy this type of thing.

For predominant offline play then if you enjoy sports games FIFA 14 or NBA 2k14 are excellent entries and will keep you going, or if you want something with more exploring and open world try AC4.

#8 Posted by pupp3t_mast3r (141 posts) -

I would hold off until Infamous Second Son, but if you're really intent on one of those 3 I'd reccommend Killzone. While the single player isnt anything special the use of abilities and perks in the multiplayer can make for a lot of fun! Out of all the three fps mp shooters out at launch I personally had the most with Killzone's.

#9 Posted by CTR360 (6824 posts) -

tomb raider or thief

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68548 posts) -

Assassin's Creed IV mate

#11 Edited by DigiTM64 (65 posts) -

Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag first. The water and effects is awesome on the PS4, and it's a beautiful large open world with plenty of things to do. Then recommend Thief. I picked up both BF4 and COD Ghosts, pretty disappointed in them both. They don't feel really next gen to me. They are fun (when BF4 works 10% of the time), but they won't WOW you.

#12 Posted by danirobin7 (11 posts) -

Bought Battlefield 4 just to test out the new system power. Regret I did. I should have bought Killzone: Shadow Fall instead

#13 Posted by H_M_1 (1149 posts) -

Definitely go for Assassin's Creed first a brilliant game. Then killzone.

#14 Posted by metaldeth (99 posts) -

I hope to pick mine up next week as well. KZ: Shadow Fall will be the one I pick up with it.

#15 Edited by Azzurri22 (167 posts) -

Killzone's certainly my most played PS4 game.

#16 Edited by Eisen_Howl (83 posts) -

If you're looking for "DAT NEXT GEN" feel, go for Killzone: Shadowfall.

Mind you, if you are an avid PC gamer with an awesome PC rig, you're probably won't be blown away. But if you've been mainly a console gamer, the game will blow you away and would most likely have your jaw drop from the moment you boot up the game.

My jaw was dropped throughout most of my play through - with the exception of certain levels.

But don't expect a stellar game all throughout the campaign, it'll be a hit on a lot of parts; and a miss on some minor parts.

And in all honesty, a LOT of the complaints of the game - such as not enough directions on what to do - is really an awful complaint. I enjoyed the fact that they DIDN'T let me know what i had to do all the time, it let me explore the carefully crafted world the designers created; and the world is quite bloody beautiful.

....with exception to certain levels. I just can't stress that enough.

Please, private message me when you understand what levels im referring to, i'd love to chit chat about how rushed those few levels felt like.

But this is DEFINITELY a game you WANT to show off to your friends and be proud to see their jaws drop.

Just my two-cents.

#17 Posted by jsmoke03 (12443 posts) -

ac4 and resogun were my favorite games on the ps4

#18 Posted by sukraj (21459 posts) -

Battlefield 4

#19 Edited by RimacBugatti (1151 posts) -

I would say either Killzone Shadowfall or Tomb Raider. Perhaps Tomb Raider preferably.