which one is better, ps3 slim or super slim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alpha-blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1 alpha-blade
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

my standard ps3 console have reached it's limit and the damn death light have shown up, so I'm thinking the only option i have got is to buy ps3 slim, but i don't know which is better, ps3 slim or the super slim, and please tell me which one is having the "heat problem" more than the other cause i play a plenty of hours and i don't want to have the death light on my ps3 any time sooner.

Thank u.

revolution2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 revolution2k6
Member since 2005 • 1446 Posts

my standard ps3 console have reached it's limit and the damn death light have shown up, so I'm thinking the only option i have got is to buy ps3 slim, but i don't know which is better, ps3 slim or the super slim, and please tell me which one is having the "heat problem" more than the other cause i play a plenty of hours and i don't want to have the death light on my ps3 any time sooner.

Thank u.

alpha-blade

Get a slim.

bls_essex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bls_essex
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts
I bought a super slim to replace my slim and couldn't be happier. Takes up less space and more efficient. Nobody knows how reliable it is because it hasn't been out long enough.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I'd like a 500GB super slim at some point, but I will til the bugs are ironed out. Too many stories of frame rate issues and freezing.
Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

Try to get the Slim Model before it gets phased out. It seems to be well build and will become hard to get once Super Slim becomes the norm.

I bought 120GB slim model since my 80GB MGS4 bundle died (2008-2012). The slim works very quietly and Sony really took cooling seriously in this model. I have upgraded to 750GB HDD (7200rpm) and so far it is working like a charm.

If you're an intense user, once the warranty goes out, try to change the thermal paste with a good one (e.g. Arctic Silver 5). This will definitely reduce the chances of getting a LYLOD in coming 4-5 years.

So far I haven't seen much cases of YLOD on slim models.

Super slims don't run quite, Discs do make lots of sound which is annoyingly audible. Plastic feels cheap. And Top opening cover will always invite dust to exposed laser.

These are my thoughts, hope it helps.

alpha-blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6 alpha-blade
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

thank u, it really help.

roux1931DUR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 roux1931DUR
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I have a superslim and sadly i'm having serious framerate/stutter/lag issues in offline gaming, already tried restoring the file system and rebuilding the database but nothing changes, probably a faulty hdd.

if you read some of the playstation uk forums you'll see that i'm not the only with these issues, there are a couple of hundred unsatisfied Sony customers with faulty superslims

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

For looks the regular PS3 slim. 120GB,160GB,250GB,230GB. Series B 2000/2500. The PS3 Super Slim 250GB,500GB slide top loader is lesser as far as the look of the console. I don't like the ruffles on the top of the console. Looks wise "Ruffles" just doesn't look right.

Get the regular slim before they are gone.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I believe both are equally well done from hardware perspective and you shouldn't have any problems no matter which model you buy.

I would look for better deal instead that saves you money on good bundle.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts
  • Looks = Fat
  • Reliability = Slim
  • Cheap = Super Slim
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Which is better PB & J's or turkey & cheese sandwiches?

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

Which is better PB & J's or turkey & cheese sandwiches?

clr84651

turkey & cheese