which are the most hardcore gamers??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
i was just wondering which kind of gamers are the most hardcore?
i mean i`ve done a couple of post on ps3 forums and on wii forums, and in both i`ve recived some replays, but i`ve noticed this:
on wii forums, guys take a little longer to replay, while in ps3 forums the replays come faster, its almost like the ps3 gamers where always on the forums, but they write somwhat less replays, while wii guys write a little more replays...
so what do u think??
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
I certainly think that PS3 games will be more immersive and have more depth. To me the Wii is nothing but a fad. I've played it a couple of times and I'll admit it's fun, but I just don't think that many games with any real depth are going to be released for it. It began as a party toy and will always be a party toy in my honest opinion.
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
I certainly think that PS3 games will be more immersive and have more depth. To me the Wii is nothing but a fad. I've played it a couple of times and I'll admit it's fun, but I just don't think that many games with any real depth are going to be released for it. It began as a party toy and will always be a party toy in my honest opinion.caseystryker
that's what i've been trying to say a million times. A lot of my friends have a wii but they admit they barely play it. The only times they play it is when their friends come over, other than that they leave it on the shelf. Since i live so far away from my friends i usually go out more often than they come over so if i want to game, i ps3 not wii. I just want something immsersive and indepth, it might just be me but i've grown old of the wii's offerings.
mikeslemonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikeslemonade
Member since 2006 • 3624 Posts
PS3 is more hardcore because the gamer is willing to pay more money for games and for the system.  Since the typical gamer buys the system mainly just for games then paying $500 or $600 to play just games is more hardcore than paying $250 to play games.  I got the PS3 for all everything from blu-ray, computer apps, and games.  
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#5 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Yeah I barely play my Wii. It sucks right now because no games really. Im guessing almost EVERYONE that has it is waiting for SSBB and MP3 like me. My internet for it doesnt work either and Im suppose to phone nintendo and get a new one mailed, but ive been lazy for 2 months and havent phoned yet.
UltimateGogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UltimateGogeta
Member since 2005 • 658 Posts
well there arent really any hardcore games for Wii like DMC or Resident Evil yet so PS3 gamers are more hardcore for now since playing a Wii game doesnt take much skill any more.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
by hardcore u mean mature games or a more hardcore gamer, because my definition of that would be someone who sticks to his classics while adopting something new. so ill go with the wii, if ur talkin more mature over the top action games than yeah PS3, i didnt vote but those would be my answers
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
agreed with caseystryker, wii is a fad- a gimmick that won't get great 3rd party support. I have played my friends wii and while it's fun, the ps3 is more my cup of tea. My brother though is going to buy a wii so over the summer we'll have both hooked up to the tv in the living room. Hopefully, by then my parents will have replaced the crappy 10yr old tv with an HDTV.
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psyum

by hardcore u mean mature games or a more hardcore gamer, because my definition of that would be someone who sticks to his classics while adopting something new. so ill go with the wii, if ur talkin more mature over the top action games than yeah PS3, i didnt vote but those would be my answersjg4xchamp

no i didnt mean hardcore as in mature, i meant hardcore as in gamers, hardcore gamers, like diehard gamers, sorry if i didnt explain myself

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#10 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]by hardcore u mean mature games or a more hardcore gamer, because my definition of that would be someone who sticks to his classics while adopting something new. so ill go with the wii, if ur talkin more mature over the top action games than yeah PS3, i didnt vote but those would be my answerspsyum

no i didnt mean hardcore as in mature, i meant hardcore as in gamers, hardcore gamers, like diehard gamers, sorry if i didnt explain myself

Oh. Well then if someone bought a Wii for the VC, then they are a hardcore gamer.
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psyum
[QUOTE="psyum"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]by hardcore u mean mature games or a more hardcore gamer, because my definition of that would be someone who sticks to his classics while adopting something new. so ill go with the wii, if ur talkin more mature over the top action games than yeah PS3, i didnt vote but those would be my answerstrav_have

Oh. Well then if someone bought a Wii for the VC, then they are a hardcore gamer.

?

MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]I certainly think that PS3 games will be more immersive and have more depth. To me the Wii is nothing but a fad. I've played it a couple of times and I'll admit it's fun, but I just don't think that many games with any real depth are going to be released for it. It began as a party toy and will always be a party toy in my honest opinion.junk56
that's what i've been trying to say a million times. A lot of my friends have a wii but they admit they barely play it. The only times they play it is when their friends come over, other than that they leave it on the shelf. Since i live so far away from my friends i usually go out more often than they come over so if i want to game, i ps3 not wii. I just want something immsersive and indepth, it might just be me but i've grown old of the wii's offerings.

Well, I have to some-what agree, but I think that's Nintendo whole Idea is to target modest level group. I mean, can anybody really knock them??? They have been around since the beginning of gaming. Nintendo main theme has always been the '' HAPPY HAPPY FUN FUN " factor. lol

chubear700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 chubear700
Member since 2003 • 1945 Posts

I'll be getting a Wii for my little boy (he's five) cause he loves playing VGs with me and I think it's more appropriate for him. I also want to start him off the way I started of on console gaming - with Nintendo, so when he gets mature enough he can take it to the next level with the PlayStation ... or what ever the best gaming console is at that time. The Wii is fun for a while when adults play it but it's more a kids toy that anything else.

It's going to keep having the same tired cartoony gameplay with the word "Super" in front of almost every title and any attempt at more adult oriented gameplay will just pale in comparison to the other consoles. Adults that love the Wii as their main console are usually very kid like in nature (or so I've noticed) and aren't really as hardcore just more nostalgic than anything else. Though I must say they do seem to be more hardcore than 360 dudes.

With the 360 I think if it's not shooting something, anything in a game it aint gonna do well on the console. There's only been one game that fights that stereo type on the 360 and that's Fable but let's face it most xbox guys just want to blow stuff up.

PS guys would have to be more hardcore. They seem to be very well balanced with appreciative of  old games and at times old gameplay as well and love new interesting IPs. They find strategy games, and the like, as hardcore as shoot 'em ups and are generally just cool about games in general. Just my personal observation.