where to get ps3 parts????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kbeeper69 (11 posts) -
i was wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement parts for the ps3?? i need a new disk reader /driver mine wont eject take in movies /games any more . :question::cry:
#2 Posted by Blackwater001 (531 posts) -

i was wondering if anyone knows where to get replacement parts for the ps3?? i need a new disk reader /driver mine wont eject take in movies /games any more . :question::cry:kbeeper69

Sony and only Sony. Sorry buddy.

#3 Posted by anewperfectday (782 posts) -

You shouldn't tamper with any of the parts of the PS3 since it would void warranty *excluding hdd upgrade*

Call Sony, they'll send you a box, then send in your PS3 and they'll send it back repaired or new. That's only if you're still under warranty.

If you're not under warranty, go buy the warranty at a game store or best buy.

#4 Posted by kbeeper69 (11 posts) -
all ready had it apart,so i cant send it to sony. i've seen the drives on e-bay ,but dont know how much they are from sony . oh well i'll have to give sony a call. thanks guys .
#5 Posted by shroom76 (1765 posts) -

the black market.

or send it in

#6 Posted by cipherace2008 (155 posts) -
the only thing you can probably do is call sony.
#7 Posted by priceape (1 posts) -
call me ask for chuck 405-872-2244 we have what you need
#8 Posted by TacticalElefant (900 posts) -
Everything you need for delicious cake is in your pantry.
#9 Posted by NeCromX (10 posts) -
Thease guys are idiots you can goolge replacement parts for PS3 and there are tons of places selling them a new blu ray pickup costs about 60 bucks. If its just the eject mechinism I can fix it for you for 30 bucks and you pay for shipping message me if your interested. I'm a techinican for univeristy of pennsylvanina i work on equipment way more complex and costs in the hundred of thousands so a ps3 is a piece of cake to work on. I've taken mine apart a few times for cleaning. I'm assuming you took yours apart while the disc was still in it and cant get it to eject or insert right again. If you took yours apart then i assume you could put one in your self just use google ppl are stupid if they say you can't get parts from anyone but sony and no they arn't blackmarket. God you people make me laugh.
#10 Posted by mezzo20 (1702 posts) -
u do this.

You shouldn't tamper with any of the parts of the PS3 since it would void warranty *excluding hdd upgrade*

Call Sony, they'll send you a box, then send in your PS3 and they'll send it back repaired or new. That's only if you're still under warranty.

If you're not under warranty, go buy the warranty at a game store or best buy.

anewperfectday
#11 Posted by ncifric (1 posts) -
www.computerlabsalem.com they fiox them for half the price Sony does, and it comes with 6 month warranty!
#13 Posted by dirtpoorracin21 (2 posts) -
do u have the blue ray cd driver u would sell mine dont read disks any more
#14 Posted by dirtpoorracin21 (2 posts) -
does anyone have the blue ray cd driver u would sell mine dont read disks any more
#15 Posted by yonnex (1265 posts) -

you can still send it to sony for repairs even if you have opened it up they just wont work on it for free it will cost $150

#16 Posted by SouthParkLuvr (1 posts) -
Everyone that is saying "only sony provides parts." is a moron. The guy asked "where do I find parts?" Saying only sony is a waste of everyone's time.
#17 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

My cousin actually bought a lens off of ebay for 60 bucks and fixed it. Sony would have charged us 150 cause it was out of warranty. Works great now!

#18 Posted by amsfm6 (2777 posts) -

My cousin actually bought a lens off of ebay for 60 bucks and fixed it. Sony would have charged us 150 cause it was out of warranty. Works great now!

sa10kun

Me too! $150 is a joke, it's eazzy.

#19 Posted by sa10kun (4290 posts) -

[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

amsfm6

Me too! $150 is a joke, it's eazzy.

Man what is worse than sony are those douchebags that charge 145 bucks to fix the laser. WTF?! They are charging almost the same as sony.

#20 Posted by Spoiledgenius (622 posts) -

Of course in PS3 itself,sorry just kidding. Actually never searched for PS parts.

#22 Posted by universes33 (2 posts) -
This site has many spare parts for PS3 consoles. I ordered a complete bluray drive and is working like new. http://www.ximpicube.com/index.php/video-games/playstation-3/repair-parts.html
#23 Posted by Bulldawgz88 (1 posts) -
I actually used to have the same problem but I repaired mine. If u have any questions just email me at moreland1988@gmail.com