Whats your PS story?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
hi u all, i was wonderin, how did u get started on the PS world?
for me, it was pure luck...
back on the day when the n64 was realized i was just desperate to get my hands on one, i had always been a Nintendo guy, i mean i'm from Mexico, and back then we didnt have much publicity on Sony or the such, all we just knew was Nintendo, the original nes the snes the original game boy, which most of u probly wont remember lol, then the big n64 came out, and my dad was on a business trip on the usa, and i asked him to buy me a n64 when we came back to the house he was carrying this box and i was very excited about my new console, but when he gave me the box i saw it wasnt a n64 and i got all mad about it, but when i hooked it up, i just loved it right away, and since then i 've been a PS fan, althought i still like Nintendo, but i prefer PS a lot more, right now i own a ps3 but i intend on getting a wii soon, anyways, whats your PS story?
cheers!
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts
Well, its pretty simple for me..... It was my birthday back in the 90's and my parents got me the hottest item out there the ps1.I wanted the n64 but soon realised that the playstation was the way to go.Over the years i had got many games for it and stuff Then came the ps2 and i got that only 2 years ago.Soon after on another birthday of mine, i got a psp.I really liked it and it was cool and all.. But then my eyes were set on the ps3...i got it about 4 months after i first set eyes on it.Got it and its totally worth it.. Thats my sony PS story.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

Had every nitendo system since the beggining. Than when i got my gamecube i thought it was cool and all but than i saw how not many games on it were good. I saw the PS2 and games liek gta on it and i thought hmm i dont think its worth it just for that. Than i tried socom and i got a ps2. Now i have my ps3 and very happy.

berobnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 berobnx
Member since 2004 • 2931 Posts

well, uh, i dont really got a story, a friend of mine had a PS, and it was so awesome, and i only had my little amiga 500 :P and i never got a PSone until ps2 was released, cuz then my cousine gave me his with like 50-60 Ripped games :P and then a couple of months later i bought a ps2, and now ive bin w8ing for a ps3 for over 1.5 years, and i will get one next month when it gets released in europe :>

whitey6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 whitey6
Member since 2005 • 1646 Posts
[QUOTE="navigata"]Well, its pretty simple for me..... It was my birthday back in the 90's and my parents got me the hottest item out there the ps1.I wanted the n64 but soon realised that the playstation was the way to go.Over the years i had got many games for it and stuff Then came the ps2 and i got that only 2 years ago.Soon after on another birthday of mine, i got a psp.I really liked it and it was cool and all.. But then my eyes were set on the ps3...i got it about 4 months after i first set eyes on it.Got it and its totally worth it.. Thats my sony PS story.

I bought an N64 when it came out, then I bought a PS1, then I bought a PS2 and then a PS3.
Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts
I remember when I was little when the Playstation and Sega Saturn was out and their games were like $60 a piece. I didn't get one until the prices went way down. I was just a lil kid than but when my folks go over their friends house their son had a playstation. The first games I played were probably Tekken, Street Fighter Alpha and Mortal Kombat.
Molotovrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Molotovrock
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
hi u all, i was wonderin, how did u get started on the PS world?
for me, it was pure luck...
back on the day when the n64 was realized i was just desperate to get my hands on one, i had always been a Nintendo guy, i mean i'm from Mexico, and back then we didnt have much publicity on Sony or the such, all we just knew was Nintendo, the original nes the snes the original game boy, which most of u probly wont remember lol, then the big n64 came out, and my dad was on a business trip on the usa, and i asked him to buy me a n64 when we came back to the house he was carrying this box and i was very excited about my new console, but when he gave me the box i saw it wasnt a n64 and i got all mad about it, but when i hooked it up, i just loved it right away, and since then i 've been a PS fan, althought i still like Nintendo, but i prefer PS a lot more, right now i own a ps3 but i intend on getting a wii soon, anyways, whats your PS story?
cheers!
psyum
I was born in the USA but grew up in Mexico. My 1st system was the atari and then nintendo and snes. Then i came to the USA and saw the ps1 and wanted to get my hands on one. I work a summer to get money and finally got me one, i loved it and got me ps2 and now a ps3. the rest is just history.
ninersfan343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninersfan343
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
uh, my older prother bought a PS
Orion_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Orion_5
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
Same here. Before Sony, I was a big Nintendo fan since NES. That changed when I got the Gamecube, there just werent many games that interested me very much and the ones that did were multiplatform. Eventually everyone at school stared talking about Grand Theft Auto. I became obsessed with getting the GTA games that I decided that I would either buy a PS2 or an Xbox just to play them. I decided to go with the PS2 because it was cheaper, not big and ugly, and I also liked Gran Turismo. So I got $500, went to EB Games, and bought a PS2, the Grand Theft Auto Double Pack, GT3, the DVD remote, and a memory card. After spending all my money I took it home, gave the Gamecube to my little sis and became a loyal Playstation Fan.

TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts

i got a PS1 for christmas a while back and had a couple great games for it, like FF7, Rally Cross, and some other ones, i can't remember, after that i got a (big) PS2 at my dad's house and my first game for that one was GTA 3. After a couple years i got a (slim) PS2 at my mom's house and had A LOT of great games for that, Socom 2, Socom 3, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, MGS3 Subsistence(sry if i spelt it wrong), Need For Speed Most Wanted, Call of Duty 2 Big Red One, and a whole bunch of other ones. And then finally, on December 22 2006, i camped out at a local best buy and bought my (sexy) PS3:D. I have Resistance, COD 3, Ridge Racer 7, and Full Auto 2 Battlelines.(and Motorstorm Demo if that counts)

My friend betrayed sony because he is impatient and bought a xbox 360(PS3 is WAY BETTER!!!) and now i pitty him.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Well, my older brother bought it waaaay back when it came with the jet moto demo, crash bandicoot, etc. The rest is history.
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
ummmmm.....i just always had all the systems. lucky i guess.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
my story is more about a game the the console it self. i got mine for christmas. i didt really play meny video games back then. till one december there was this little game that all my friends were talking about at school. this little game was Metal Gear Solid. funky name i thought to my self but whent out and got it with out even knowing what the heck kind of game it was, tho some one in school told me it was kinda like mission Impossible for the n64. till then the only real games i played was wolfenstine 3d and Doom. see i was a PC man before i was playing consoles. but when i poped in MGS for the first time.. man that game fliped my world upside down. i have never been drawn in to a game like that before in all my life i was a bit bad at it and it took me about a month to beat. but i would have not had it any other way. i just got so sucked into the story and the drama of the game it was amazing never had i felt like i was really Sold Snake on this dareing mission. its a feeling i have never felt again in any other game. some have come close but none has toped the power of MGS for me. that is the game that made me a real gamer and i owe it all to Playstation. thats my story...
risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
hmmm i went to store and bought a ps1
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 psyum
my story is more about a game the the console it self. i got mine for christmas. i didt really play meny video games back then. till one december there was this little game that all my friends were talking about at school. this little game was Metal Gear Solid. funky name i thought to my self but whent out and got it with out even knowing what the heck kind of game it was, tho some one in school told me it was kinda like mission Impossible for the n64. till then the only real games i played was wolfenstine 3d and Doom. see i was a PC man before i was playing consoles. but when i poped in MGS for the first time.. man that game fliped my world upside down. i have never been drawn in to a game like that before in all my life i was a bit bad at it and it took me about a month to beat. but i would have not had it any other way. i just got so sucked into the story and the drama of the game it was amazing never had i felt like i was really Sold Snake on this dareing mission. its a feeling i have never felt again in any other game. some have come close but none has toped the power of MGS for me. that is the game that made me a real gamer and i owe it all to Playstation. thats my story...jackle2071

good one, the same happened to me, my sister got my mgs for my birth day, and i was kinnda mad cuz i didnt know that game, and i thought, cmon my sis bought this,, how cool can it be?? but maaaaan the second i poped in the game i just loved my sister:P
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i bought a ps2 when there werent any games coming out for gcn. its been a different story with sony.
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
well, I was a hard core Nintendo fanboy during the PlayStation era, and well into the PlayStation 2 era, but after a few years of having nothing to play imn my Gamecube, while watching my best friend Joe get a new great game every month or so for his PS2, I decided that a few first party Nintendo games were just not worth it, so I bought my self a PSP a few months after it launched, and waited patiently for the Playstation 3.
lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts
My buddy and I were always nintendo guys. We both had GameCubes, we realized about a year in, the games were for kids (I know not all), and there was no online, no system updates and even mario kart was getting lame!!..etc. So we looked at the next gen systems and decided to go with the one that had the most potential to offer. I'm pleased so far, Resistance has been the 2nd most addictive game of all my 30 years, only NWN with its online persistant worlds got me more hooked than this.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I had originally wanted an N64 but somehow ended up with a PSX because it was being offered as a Costco bundle. (This was when both systems were pretty well-established) Turned out to be the best decision ever! haha Definitely enjoyed the PSX a lot more than the N64. I had every intention of going for a PS2 but wound up getting an Xbox as a gift so I went with that system for that particular generation. And now finally, one more decision to make. While I did enjoy the Xbox, I had some problems with "dirty/damaged disc errors" recently. (any new games and even some of my old ones present with that error) After hearing all the horror stories with the initial releases of the Xbox360 and the quiet/smooth operation of the PS3, I am now leaning towards the PS3. But seeing as I'm currently broke anyway, there's no rush to make that decision :) Gonna lurk around the messageboards a while longer and wait for some of the nicer games to come out on both systems before spending that dough!
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psyum
[QUOTE="asmallchild"] But seeing as I'm currently broke anyway, there's no rush to make that decision :) Gonna lurk around the messageboards a while longer and wait for some of the nicer games to come out on both systems before spending that dough!

lol...you should do what i was planning on doing before i got my ps3, i was planning on buying a wii, after all they have some fun games, at least they can entertain you while u get the ps3, lucky me i had the money to buy my ps3 :twisted::lol:
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
[QUOTE="psyum"][QUOTE="asmallchild"] But seeing as I'm currently broke anyway, there's no rush to make that decision :) Gonna lurk around the messageboards a while longer and wait for some of the nicer games to come out on both systems before spending that dough!

lol...you should do what i was planning on doing before i got my ps3, i was planning on buying a wii, after all they have some fun games, at least they can entertain you while u get the ps3, lucky me i had the money to buy my ps3 :twisted::lol:

that what i did i got a Wii before i got my PS3 (well i still dont have it yet). its a fun little system cant wait for metroid prime 3!!!
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 asmallchild
psyum
hahaha...I will definitely consider that! I'm not too high on the Wii right now but then again, I haven't really seen/played with one. (I'm from the school of thought that says videogames are best played nearly comatose on the couch instead of moving around ;) ) Ultimately though, I'm a big fan of sports games and eye-popping graphics so I think somewhere along the line, I'd like to end up with an Xbox360 or PS3.
dingo-rides-kx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dingo-rides-kx
Member since 2005 • 54 Posts
For me it was all about FF7. I had all the Nintendo's and totally thought Sony was gonna fade into the night like so many systems before it. Then I saw and played FF7 and absolutely had to have it. At the time FF7 was so far above everything else out there that it sold alot of systems. I totally think without that one game at the right time Sony would not be where they are today. Been loving Playstation's ever since.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 asmallchild
Gotta agree with Dingo! I too really enjoyed FF7 and FF8 on the PSX. Can't remember why I never moved on to 9 and forward haha
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 psyum
hehehe well i have to admit. the game that really made me a ps fan was, metal gear solid, along with....(i know) tomba :lol: hehehe but it was a great game:D by the way does any of you if there was a tomba 2 in english?? cuz i got one but it was japanese :P
rabbidcrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rabbidcrazy
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

Back in the 16 bit era I was a huge Sega fan. I saw in the videogame mags (all we had were game mags back then... the internet as we know it didn't exist.) the new consoles that were comming out. There was the Sega Saturn (which I figured I'd get), the Nintendo Virtual Boy, the Ultra 64 (now N64), and the Sony Playstation.

As time went on, I knew I didn't want either of the Nintendo systems, as I had been a Sega fan for years, so it was really up between Saturn and Playstation. I started to compare the two and I saw the games comming out for both. Where the Saturn had the great Sega Arcade games (Virtua Fighter, Daytona), Playstation was showing off Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Ridge Racer and Tekken. The graphics on both systems were great simply because they were really the first 3D consoles.

I ended up liking what the Playstation had to offer more. I liked the small memory cards (in comparison to Saturn's Genesis Cart sized ones), and the controller looked great. I also liked the fact that instead of numbers or letters, they used shapes to identify the buttons. It just seemed like they were really trying to change the way the industry thought of games in general. Lastly, I saw an article for an upcoming PS1 / Sat game called Resident Evil. They compared the two games side by side, and they were pretty close in graphics, however the Playstation definitly beat the Saturn. The game looked phenominal and the Playstation seemed to be the game system for adults (or older more mature gamers... I was 13... I wanted to be cool *Shrugs*).

I was sold on the Playstation brand from then on. Given the $300 price tag though, it was going to take a bit to convince my family it was ok to get one. My grandparents made me a deal that if I did massive amounts of chores and saved up for it, that they would pay for half. So thats what I did. I did mass chores, saved up for it and by Christmas of 1995 (year the system came out), I handed the $150 to my grandparents, and they got it for me for Christmas. They also got me Ridge Racer. I ended up doing a chore for my uncle and he got me a memory card.

Ahh... good times.

I've been with Playstation ever since.

mr_pops238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mr_pops238
Member since 2006 • 3980 Posts

I dont really have a story. I just got a PS1 one day. Then a couple years later i got a PS2. Loved both. I got a PSP and it pwns. I love it.

The PS3 is also amazing. It does everything i want and more. Blu ray movies pwn. Resistance and FNR3 pwn. Future games are going to pwn.

Sony pwns.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 psyum

Back in the 16 bit era I was a huge Sega fan. I saw in the videogame mags (all we had were game mags back then... the internet as we know it didn't exist.) the new consoles that were comming out. There was the Sega Saturn (which I figured I'd get), the Nintendo Virtual Boy, the Ultra 64 (now N64), and the Sony Playstation.

As time went on, I knew I didn't want either of the Nintendo systems, as I had been a Sega fan for years, so it was really up between Saturn and Playstation. I started to compare the two and I saw the games comming out for both. Where the Saturn had the great Sega Arcade games (Virtua Fighter, Daytona), Playstation was showing off Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Ridge Racer and Tekken. The graphics on both systems were great simply because they were really the first 3D consoles.

I ended up liking what the Playstation had to offer more. I liked the small memory cards (in comparison to Saturn's Genesis Cart sized ones), and the controller looked great. I also liked the fact that instead of numbers or letters, they used shapes to identify the buttons. It just seemed like they were really trying to change the way the industry thought of games in general. Lastly, I saw an article for an upcoming PS1 / Sat game called Resident Evil. They compared the two games side by side, and they were pretty close in graphics, however the Playstation definitly beat the Saturn. The game looked phenominal and the Playstation seemed to be the game system for adults (or older more mature gamers... I was 13... I wanted to be cool *Shrugs*).

I was sold on the Playstation brand from then on. Given the $300 price tag though, it was going to take a bit to convince my family it was ok to get one. My grandparents made me a deal that if I did massive amounts of chores and saved up for it, that they would pay for half. So thats what I did. I did mass chores, saved up for it and by Christmas of 1995 (year the system came out), I handed the $150 to my grandparents, and they got it for me for Christmas. They also got me Ridge Racer. I ended up doing a chore for my uncle and he got me a memory card.

Ahh... good times.

I've been with Playstation ever since.

rabbidcrazy

yeah..thats the kind of effort i`m talking about...some of you must have interesting stories aswell dont ya?

sdelaney86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 sdelaney86
Member since 2005 • 4190 Posts
Back in 1997 my dad was looking to get my sisters and me a new system, he decided on the Playstation over the N64. I loved Tekken3, Jet Moto, and Vigilante 8. So as soon as I could find a PS2, I got one. I bought the PSP at launch. I bought the PS3 in January.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

I fell upon the glory that is PS when THPS2 for the N64 came out, i was going to go buy it and i went into the store and saw that a PS1 and THPS2 was cheaper than just buying the N64 version of the game.  Wanting to save money i sprung for the PS1, best desicion i ever made.

I now own a PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSP. 

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts

this is wen i moved to australia for 2 years and the ps1 just came out. I was about to move back to the UK and my parents bought me a ps1 and i liked it quite alot i was a kid back then i i enjoyed games like Hercules etc lol.

Then i became a hardcore ps fan and the ps2 came out and i got one a few months after launch wen gran turismo package was out i enjoyed it sooo much that since playing the ps2 i kept thinkin about the possibilites of a ps3 and now i just pre-ordered it so the waiting comes to an end in march

also i got a psp ceramic white randomly wen i got home once it was a present for acheiving a good mock test result

Yankee_In_TX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Yankee_In_TX
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts
And I am not even kidding....! I hadn't owned a console since Super Nintnedo (well, someone gave me a N64 for free). Thanksgiving 2003 I started dating a stripper. Yuck. There's nothing good about that, at ALL. Anywho, she loved PS2, so I bought one for when she was at my place (lived 45 mins away, which is nothing in Houston terms). Soul Calibre 2 was my first game. I dumped the baggae and fell in love with the PS2 :)
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 psyum
[QUOTE="Yankee_In_TX"]And I am not even kidding....! I hadn't owned a console since Super Nintnedo (well, someone gave me a N64 for free). Thanksgiving 2003 I started dating a stripper. Yuck. There's nothing good about that, at ALL. Anywho, she loved PS2, so I bought one for when she was at my place (lived 45 mins away, which is nothing in Houston terms). Soul Calibre 2 was my first game. I dumped the baggae and fell in love with the PS2 :)

lets see the stripper vs PS2??
ok mate...u chose wisely
i would have kept the ps2 too....women are a lot..but u can only be in the ps family once :lol:
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts

And I am not even kidding....! I hadn't owned a console since Super Nintnedo (well, someone gave me a N64 for free). Thanksgiving 2003 I started dating a stripper. Yuck. There's nothing good about that, at ALL. Anywho, she loved PS2, so I bought one for when she was at my place (lived 45 mins away, which is nothing in Houston terms). Soul Calibre 2 was my first game. I dumped the baggae and fell in love with the PS2 :)Yankee_In_TX

by far the best story ive heard lol

six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
well...i started playing games on the SNES. then for christmas we(me and my bro) got a PS and tony hawk 1. we loved it. we had for a long time then we got a n64 for super smash bros. just to play that game, seriously. thats when we stopped buying Nintendo consoles cuz the GC sucked IMO. and continued supporting sony when we got a ps2 for christmas. and im getting a job to buy a ps3. so yeah. and just a side note, we did end up getting a GC, but it was because my little brother is friends with a retard he traded 3 lego star wars sets for a GC, 2 controllers, 1 memory card, and SSBM and rebel strike. awesome deal. never play it though :P
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 psyum
but it was because my little brother is friends with a retard he traded 3 lego star wars sets for a GC, 2 controllers, 1 memory card, and SSBM and rebel strike. awesome deal. never play it though :Psix_shot

hey sounds to me that your little brother will be a succesful merchant:P
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 psyum
i guess most people like those kind of posts where u discuss wether u leave your cds into your ps3... : S, interesting how the mind works ah?
raystorm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 raystorm87
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts
once upon a time (about thousands years ago) I owned all nintendo consoles when each came out. I did not even know their names cause I was too young. I remember the 1st time i play street fighters, mario, contra and began to addict to video games...but up to one day when the PS came out, i change my direction to a sony fan b/c they have so much cool games and then ps2, finally ps3. never pay any attention to Xbox and 360 though.
suntansoopaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 suntansoopaman
Member since 2007 • 80 Posts
my playstation story is, before my father passed away when i was 6 in 1997, in africa we completed every final fantasy that was on the snes together, then my family moved to the uk shortly after he passed, then we bought a sony tv, and the sales man was very kind to offer us a free console of our choice, i was going to get th n64 because i though it would have final fantasy on it, but then i saw final fantasy VII on the shelf with a big turquoise meteor on it in big writing, i snatched and asked for it we got the ps1 with FFVII and a sony tv took it home played it fell in love with it, then for my 11th birthday in 2002, i had a choice between the xbox and ps1, the xbox was so big ugly and bulky and most of all did not have FF10 on it, so for my 11th birthday i got a ps2 FF10 GTAIII MGS 2 and smackdown just bring it, and fell in love with it aswell now im waiting until april when my mum gets paid so i can get my ps3 only to be locked up until late june after my exams
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psyum
hey guys thanks for your stories....some of èm are real fun, like the guy with his stripper couple, and some of em are a bit more sad, like this guy who`s father passed away, but thanks for your sharing
04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
i was on vacation in CA and my uncle had ps1 with resident evil and i thought wth is this crap lets watch TV but no one listened as time grew on i found myself interested and began playing a few mins a day then a few hrs soon i was hooked i loved the controller and the overall system looked pretty cool to me so now i love PS
GameFreak34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GameFreak34
Member since 2003 • 671 Posts

good topic...

My ps story started when my parents got it for christmas '96. I had no clue what it was, but my older brother thought it was the coolest thing. Right after my first game of crash bandicoot, I became addicted and loved playing video games ever since. I had at least 25 games until the ps2 came out. It was pretty awsome to see how much the graphics have evolved and the advancement in technology. Now its crazy that the ps3 is already out.

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
My story was just like yours. But im not mexican. Im romanian. And i came to the US 1999. I got my console which was a ps1. And i remained with sony ever since. I have no MS or Nintendo console. But i might get a wii when it's $100. Or when it gets games that i like. I have a PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3.
Avatar image for GEARSpartan0415
GEARSpartan0415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 GEARSpartan0415
Member since 2006 • 403 Posts

well i never got a ps1 because my parents couldnt afford to get me one back then, but after a few years i got an xbox and then my brother wanted a ps2 so he got one for his birthday in 2003, i didnt play it much because i like the xbox better but now i see that the ps2 is a lot better than the xbox because i still play the ps2 and it really outlasted both the gamecube and xbox

now in this generation of video game consoles the first one i got was a 360 and at that time i wasnt into gaming as much as i am now because i was always doing other things, the time i really got into gaming again was when i played Gears and it made me want to buy more games and play more of them, but it was near christmas so i was just waiting until then to get more games, i asked for call of duty 3 and nba 2k7 for christmas from my parents, then when christmas came i saw nothing that looked like 2 games, but i saw a big box and i was wondering what it was so my parents said open it and i ripped the top part of the wrapping paper and immediately saw the word Playstation 3 and i was really shocked, but i couldnt play it that day cuz it didn't come with hdmi or even component cables so i had to wait til the next day

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I got my PS1 for xmas i wasnt expecting it i honestly didnt even really hear about it My 1st games was Tekken 2 and Resident Evil i payed Tekken for hours and hours
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 psyum

, i asked for call of duty 3 and nba 2k7 for christmas from my parents, then when christmas came i saw nothing that looked like 2 games, but i saw a big box and i was wondering what it was so my parents said open it and i ripped the top part of the wrapping paper and immediately saw the word Playstation 3 and i was really shocked, but i couldnt play it that day cuz it didn't come with hdmi or even component cables so i had to wait til the next day

GEARSpartan0415
hell yeah mate, that kind of surprises make anyone's day isnt it ?
Jigsaw_McGraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jigsaw_McGraw
Member since 2006 • 1231 Posts
whats this gotta do with a PS3?
BlackArlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BlackArlequin
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
hey there, i've only played a little gameboy and supermario and all thinks like that, but recently my boyfriend got a ps3, and he had a ps2 so, he gave it to me, and he lent me this game final fantasy 12, which i started playing and i got stucked, but it's real great, and thats almost all my gaming history
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 psyum
whats this gotta do with a PS3?Jigsaw_McGraw

ok, since its a ps3 forum i'm guessing that people tell how they get started on this PS family and then how did they continued on it, to this ps3 point bro, if u dont like a post, then dont write on it, thanks to the rest of ya
johng021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johng021
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts
i was a gamer but, because i am only 22...when the PS came out i could not afford to buy it...(i laugh now....lol)
my friend oscar gave it to me for christmas...he asked us what we wanted and we said a playstation...never thinking it would happen....man those are probably some  of the best times. i remember how i was mesmerized by the white start up screen....lol...and playing games that ti'll this day i remember so vividly. Playing Ridge Racer,Bushido blade,Crash bandicoot.Fifa(before winning eleven discovery)tomb raider,resident evil,ISS Pro,syphon filter...lol...
man this is awesome topic....i wrote this pretty fast...so its not detailed as i would like but what ever.