Whats your opinion on MGS5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Hey guys, whats your opinion on MGS5, after seeing all the trailers/gameplay footage shown so far?

I'm a massive fan of the franchise starting back on the original solid title on PS1, the 4th entry also brought tears to my eyes at the ending, the story is so powerful!

Apart from the big news, Hayter being replaced with Sutherland involved.

But anyways, personally i think it looks awesome with the potential to be the best one yet, whats your opinion?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1: I love MGS series also. I am sort of relucrtantly optimistic about phantom pain. I love the gameplay and all the controls from ground zero. My main concern is Fulton system and the game may not feel like a military stealth game with horse poop can cause a vehicle to lose control and the constant ability to Fulton soldiers band animals back to your base.

I am looking forward to next week to see more environments from TGS conference.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i am still sceptic about the game

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Being a huge fan of the MGS series, I have no doubt that this game is going to awesome, I mean Groundzeroes was basically a demo and yet for an MGS fan you could play that game for hours and hours, the gameplay was that good, I'm still sort of concerned with the fulton stuff and how in depth your involvement is in actually making your base, but honestly at the same time that's probably the one major thing getting me excited about it, we all know the story is going to be epic as it normally is. it honestly cannot come quick enough, I don't even see the whole hayter/sutherland thing as major, who cares, it should never be the same guy playing all the snakes, in my opinion why should big boss sound exactly like Solid Snake when Liquid snake never did nor did solidus, it's a nice change and sutherland is a great actor in my eyes, I bit more professionalism to the game. Cannot wait just wish they would remake the original MGS PS1 title just so the newer generation knew exactly what we went through playing that game for the first time.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I agree with Sutherland being a great replacement to hayter and love the show 24. I just think hideo can do some silly shit sometimes that can distract from the blockbuster hero against the world feel. I know the story and boss fights should be great just not sure how online will be.

I hope TGS conference hideo finally announce a release date. I am tired if him constantly in the forefront with gameplay videos every conference. It's almost better when developers go into cognito then start releasing info once close to release date.

Hideo beats to a different drum and going to do it however he feels since he has konami by the balls with his clout.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1: More of what we found in Ground Zeros? Yes please!

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

why?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#8 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

why?

Ground Zeroes was a demo people paid for. I will wait until i see more of the game until i decide to get it or not

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@cooolio said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

why?

Ground Zeroes was a demo people paid for. I will wait until i see more of the game until i decide to get it or not

Eh. I understand what your saying, but it is basically the tutorial level of MGS V; kind of like how you are playing the opening level of God of War 3 and after you beat the boss you are basically stripped of your powers from the previous games and gain new weapons. The Phantom Pain will not be an hour long game if that is what you are thinking.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I tend to agree with you on the whole we see to much of stuff over and over again, I mean I've seen the desert so many times now, it's just painful to keep watching when you know it's know where near coming out, online i'm not to fussed with I think that part of the game will be a side line thing, my guess is your base won't be attacked unless your in the game itself, i don't know, but it is like with The Order were seeing the same old same old gameplay footage since last year were getting no new information just the same old footage or gameplay element, and the problem is the build is that bad that people are going off the game, which is such the wrong thing for them.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ewalthour

@bezza2011: All gamers and game editors keep complaining about seeing the same old footage of The Order. I have a feeling this game want be any good. Common sense should tell you that if you keep providing the same demo at every conference and getting bad impression you need to make a more updated demo. Its like The Order has something to hide. Just knowing there is no multiplayer on or offline and no multiple endings, it doesn't sound like this game will have any reason to play multiple times. This games sounds like Beyond 2 souls where gameplay is a second thought and its all about a story. So far Sony first party games haven't impressed me. I hope BLP 3 will be great this yr. Its sad to say but the best game this yr could end up being GTA 5 released 11/18/14. The graphics not only look great but added radio stations, music and hopefully all the DLC that i haven't gotten since i sold the PS3 version last yr when i received my ps4.

All isn't loss this yr for Sherlock holmes looks great to me. I know this game want sell like crazy because its a niche game that everyone may not enjoy. Its not a first person shooter nor a action adventure game but requires deduction and investigative skills. I will continue to keep my eye on AC unity and Driveclub i will play the free PSN first before deciding to buy the game for $50.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I'm not sure, I played Uncharted trilogy and The Last Of Us, for it's story more than it's multiplayer, quite looking forward to seeing a game which is story orientated, and I actually think showing off the same old bit is a good move in away, means we don't see a huge chunk of the game and we just keep wondering, they have so much time to sort the gameplay out, I can't wait for it me,

I'm thinking of delving into the world of Sherlock Holmes this time around, it looks quite good.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I love a good story just like anyone but it needs more than a great story. The problem isn't the small chunk of gameplay the order us showing. The problem is the editors are complaining about the mechanics arent fluid. You can show more scenes and not give a ounce of the story away.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Well I have my fingers crossed for this game, looks good anyway hahahaha

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ewalthour

@bezza2011: I want The order to be good but I am realistic these days with games like watch dogs and Destiny being over hyped.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Thanks for the reply people! love to hear opinions off true mgs fans.

What are your opinions on the regenerating health?

Also the enemy marking and slow down effects? apparently these can be turned off which is great, as those features dumb the game down to much!

nimacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 nimacon
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I find it interesting and I cant wait to go gallivanting around an open world and smoking "herbs" to pass time, maybe kidnap a vehicle or two and see what kind of stuff i can upgrade my main base with.

For me I am totally for the enemy marking as i have a tendency to rush, so it is a good point for me but the slow down effects, nah. Glad to hear that can be turned off.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ewalthour

@ewalthour: sorry to go off topic. Just can't wait to see more MGS info but most important when it's coming out.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bezza2011

@GTA_MGS_1: I'm a fan on the whole marking enemies, but I hate the re-fen health in games, makes it to easy, the great MGS 3 where you had to eat to keep alive was great, these modern games now make it far to easy to run forward blast enemies and then retreat on low health and go again, where was the time when it was vital you chose your battles and kept a bit of edge about you so you got through it

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

It's safe to say that this will be the best in the series.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I think ground zero is hard and you don t need rations to stay alive. I agree to many games use the reflenish healthy by hiding but you will die quickly MGS5 IMO. I think the incentive is to remain stealth plus u do need to use a syringe as a health boost.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bezza2011

@ewalthour: The great thing about the MGS seems to be, you can make it as easy or as hard as you want, it's being disciplined within yourself not to rush it, so hard these days with many games making you use things to then go back and become stealth.

Have you seen the new 20minute demo looks awesome!!!!

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts

@GTA_MGS_1: Love Metal Gear, but I hate open world games. So we will see.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I gave up on the franchise after 3.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ewalthour

So great trailer and glad quiet will be a lally at least for a time period. I want ocelet to play with snake also. The game is like a playground with some much to do. I hope it comes out March 2015.