whats is an HD antenna

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yosefeayala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yosefeayala
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts
topic
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
lets you get HD Broadcasts of all your cities local HD channels for free, but seriously, my 10 years old crappy antenna picks up 11 HD channels in Memphis TN, so i really dont know why a "HD" antenna is needed. May be it gets a better signal???
uenfudbvaukbf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 uenfudbvaukbf
Member since 2003 • 695 Posts
any UHF antenna picks up HD signals, so its just a gimmick when they say HD antennae, u just have to provide a HDTV
yosefeayala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 yosefeayala
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts
can normal basic cable tv get hd
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Imallvol7
can normal basic cable tv get hdyosefeayala
no you need the hd box, however, where i live, i only buy basic cable. However, since i have a hdtv hooked up to it, it somehow finds all the hd channels that the cable network offers and i get all ppv and hbo and cinemax for free.  I dont know if that is just specific to my area or widespread
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
you must be l33t h4x0r.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Imallvol7
you must be l33t h4x0r.spliffchillum
i prefer to call it plug and play, i did nothing but hit find channels on my hdtv. Everyone in my city with an hdtv gets hbo, cinemax, payper view and 6 hd channels for free, lol. (you have to have the ntsc tuner though)
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts
[QUOTE="spliffchillum"]you must be l33t h4x0r.Imallvol7
i prefer to call it plug and play, i did nothing but hit find channels on my hdtv. Everyone in my city with an hdtv gets hbo, cinemax, payper view and 6 hd channels for free, lol. (you have to have the ntsc tuner though)

how do you know they are HD if your tv isnt hd? do the channels say HD? I know on Windows media center it says HD if they are.. but do regular tv stations put the word hd in the channel list?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Imallvol7
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="spliffchillum"]you must be l33t h4x0r.spliffchillum

how do you know they are HD if your tv isnt hd? do the channels say HD? I know on Windows media center it says HD if they are.. but do regular tv stations put the word hd in the channel list?

my TV tells me, and the fact that it is full screen. My tv always says what resolution it is displaying.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
can normal basic cable tv get hdyosefeayala
Nope. You need digital cable first, then they'll charge you more for the HD channels.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="spliffchillum"]you must be l33t h4x0r.spliffchillum

If you have an HD t.v, then an HD program will be vividly clear to you. You won't miss it.
Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
I personally have an HD antenna and live 25 mins from Boston.  I get the major channels CBS, ABC, NBC ect...If you can you want to buy a box from a local cable provider or satelite maybe? I dunno because i've always been a box guys.  Personally the antenna does little for me, except for the occasional sports games on the major stations.