Whats better? "Grand Theft Auto IV" or "Saints Row 2"?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Haseo_Uchiha (11 posts) -
Which one is better? and tell me why you chose that one.
#2 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -
Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.
#3 Posted by rogerjak (14778 posts) -
None thank you. Also this is a recommendation topic and those aren't permitted outside the sticky.
#4 Posted by mmrsoxnation5 (796 posts) -
GTA IV. I think saints row is lame and over the top. the gangsta thing is old, with gta:sa and then saints row 1. gta4 is great. first gta game i actually finished
#5 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

You can't say either is better, but they are both awesome in their own right. You can't go wrong either way.

GTA4 is realistic, gets a little boring and has little replay value. It's an awesome experience though.
Saints Row is over the top stupid, tons of fun, and is well worth popping in again and again after you've beaten it.

#6 Posted by 1337h4xx0rz (314 posts) -

I think they were both horrible.

Grand Theft Auto 4 was boring as hell, and Saints Row 2 should be renamed "Grand Theft Auto 4 for Dummies".

#7 Posted by 1337h4xx0rz (314 posts) -

Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.HarshGamer

Then dont post in the thread!

Your post is more annoying than the thread itself, so if you dont like it just report it because no one cares whether this thread bothers you or not.

#8 Posted by Scianix-Black (19295 posts) -

You can't say either is better, but they are both awesome in their own right. You can't go wrong either way.

GTA4 is realistic, gets a little boring and has little replay value. It's an awesome experience though.
Saints Row is over the top stupid, tons of fun, and is well worth popping in again and again after you've beaten it.

Mau-Justice

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

#9 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.1337h4xx0rz

Your post is more annoying than the thread itself, so if you dont like it just report it because no one cares whether this thread bothers you or not.

What do you know level 8???

#10 Posted by rogerjak (14778 posts) -
[QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.HarshGamer

Sorry I can't resist.

What do YOU know level 12?

#11 Posted by 1337h4xx0rz (314 posts) -
[QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.HarshGamer

Your question makes no sense.

What do I know about what?

What do I know about people like you who post pointless comments that no one cares about?

What do I know about people who think they know more because they have nothing else better to do with their time and have more posts than another person, even though their posts are that high because of non-sensical bull**** posts like your past 2 on this thread?

I could go on, but I am sure you get the point.

But, considering your response to my first post, maybe not...

#12 Posted by 1337h4xx0rz (314 posts) -
[QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.rogerjak

Sorry I can't resist.

Thank you, rogerjak.

His response is one of the most childish and unintelligent responses ive seen in a while

might as well have responded with "i know you are, but what am i?"

#13 Posted by rogerjak (14778 posts) -
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]Lock this topic, will ya Gamespot? I'm sick of this bull****.1337h4xx0rz

Sorry I can't resist.

Thank you, rogerjak.

His response is one of the most childish and unintelligent responses ive seen in a while

might as well have responded with "i know you are, but what am i?"

Takes one to know one!! XD No problem.
#14 Posted by 1337h4xx0rz (314 posts) -
It's definitely taking "Mr. level 12" a while to come up with a response :)
#15 Posted by CyberElite85 (276 posts) -

I like Saints Row 2 more since it didn't really take itself seriously, and the missions, and activities are just wacky, and crazy at times. Driving around on a flaming quad blowing up things, and lighting people on fire was fun. :) Zombie Uprising was also a cool game mode. GTA IV was just really boring, and they seemed to focus more on realism than fun imo.

#16 Posted by QuebecSuperstar (4178 posts) -
It's all a matter of opinion really (like everything else). That being said, I prefer Saints Row 2 by miles. I agree with those who thought GTAIV was boring and on the other hand, I just love Saints Row 2. I just wish there were more songs on the MIX station. There's nothing like cruising in my car to the sound of the 80's! :D
#17 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

It's definitely taking "Mr. level 12" a while to come up with a response :)1337h4xx0rz

I'm back, WTF, you're all still talking about that? I can't even believe you waited for me, shows how much more i have to do in life compared to you guys, right?

#18 Posted by filiwian (2233 posts) -
I think they're both good but I like GTA4 better just because it's more realistic despite the fact that it sacrifices of what it had before.
#20 Posted by rogerjak (14778 posts) -

[QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]It's definitely taking "Mr. level 12" a while to come up with a response :)HarshGamer

I'm back, WTF, you're all still talking about that? I can't even believe you waited for me, shows how much more i have to do in life compared to you guys, right?

Oh yes the inevitable life argument.He didn't wait for you he just posted right after you did....
#21 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -
[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]

[QUOTE="1337h4xx0rz"]It's definitely taking "Mr. level 12" a while to come up with a response :)rogerjak

Oh yes the inevitable life argument.He didn't wait for you he just posted right after you did....

Just kidding, im just bored that's all. When it's daylight over here, all of you are asleep so i spend my whole days waiting for ya'll to log on.

#22 Posted by HarshGamer (2822 posts) -

And now i'm tired as hell by the way.

#23 Posted by Devourment423 (2163 posts) -
GTA IV
#24 Posted by dt2610 (2 posts) -

gtaIV

ist just a better game.

it has very little glitches or bugs, where as sr2 is full of them. the gameplay is tonnes better. the missions arent so stupid. better storyline. its an all round better game.

#25 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
SR2 was fun even with the glitches while GTA4 was boring together with nice graphics so that speaks definitely for SR being the better game , can you imagine SR2 with all the gangs and customization together with at least GTA4s graphics , if THQ is able to do that and GTA5 remains stiff as it is now im sure there will be no doubt SR3 will own (SR2 does already IMO but there are still people who prefer graphics over fun)
#26 Posted by zhamedd (6 posts) -
WHO WANTS TO JOIN A CLAN !!! Add - LostEvery_Game
#27 Posted by Ruggeri1994 (112 posts) -

gta 4 owns saints row in graphics n story but i thought saints row was super funny n worth playin..needs trophies tho

#28 Posted by b3yondstupidity (12500 posts) -
For me it's proberly GTA IV.
#29 Posted by hyperkass (938 posts) -

I never got into GTA IV nor Saints Row

#30 Posted by jasopan (2360 posts) -
GTAIV all the way!!! am i like the ONLY person actually enjoying the game? =.=
#31 Posted by smithster118 (3910 posts) -

GTAIV all the way!!! am i like the ONLY person actually enjoying the game? =.=jasopan

Nope, GTAIV is one of my favourite games. :)

#32 Posted by SemiMaster (19011 posts) -

GTA 4 has superior graphics and polish, and a pretty decent story I guess, but the gameplay is just downright repetetive and boring and uninspired. Saints Row 2 has a number of bugs that don't ruin the game but detract from any of the polish, particularly collisions and stuff sticking into your car or you getting stuck in a car. But it has a LOT more things to do, from customization to the number of varied missions which aren't all just mere go steal a car and out run the police type. GTA 4 was 90% that.

I've beaten Saints Row 2 with like 97% completion twice, and am working on a 3rd time now with my brother. I almost gave up on GTA 4.

It's all a matter of preference but by far the most fun is Saints Row 2 in my opinion.