What're you looking for in a new Vita game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toodledoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Toodledoot
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
As a pretty new owner of the Vita I've had my ins-and-outs about this little device. I had a PSP (along with a bunch of now useless UMDs, but okay) and after much much thought was able to get one used at a good deal with a big memory card. Now I've only been able to scrape in a few games so far: I was less than impressed with Assassin's Creed, enjoyed Stranger's Wrath, had some fun with Motorstorm RC, and I'm currently spending hours in Dragon's Crown. I haven't hit all the games I want to yet by far (really excited to pick up Zero Escape and P4G soon) but I can't help but feel that the system's...well, ridiculed. And I see the same comments on articles asking where the games are. I personally think they're there, for certain tastes, but what's your personal idea of a well-polished and new Vita game? I would love a new GoW or MGS myself.
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. It's just to bad Square Enix hates money.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Just more AAA games. Otherwise, I'm mostly satisfied as far as Vita game purchases go.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well, the Vita is getting Killzone, and from what I can tell from the beta it's going to be really fun to play with it's well mapped controls and top notch production values.

I'd like to have an open world western rpg, and was disappointed when they said the Dragon's Dogma on the Vita will not be that (it's some sort of side scroller now).

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Got a Wish list for PSV :-

Patapon

Socom

Gran Turismo

Syphon Filter

Final Fantasy game (an exclusive with the quality of Crisis Core)

Sequels to Gravity Rush & Uncharted

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

MGO would be fun

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
i would love to see a gran turismo for the vita. racing games of any kind are great for handhelds. i have put in quite a few hours into wipeout and WRC (which has many problems...still fun though. i am hoping the dev puts in a better show for the new one.) and put in a stupid amount of hours into mario kart DS way back when. but i would love a road racer, a toca or gran turismo. a proper one though...apparently the PSP GT was a bit crap. sequal to gravity rush. fix the combat. i would also like to see an elder scrolls but one designed for the vita (not a skyrim port). it would be need to be designed so that you can get a few bits and pieces done in quick sessions and still lose yourself for hours when you want. a game like borderlands 2 thats not borderlands 2...er because i already have it :P. a game like that would be great for the vita. oh and a good torchlight type rpg (though not torchlight because....er... i have that too. honestly this is not a thinly veiled look what i have post :P). i really enjoyed dungeon siege on the PSP.
michel3105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 michel3105
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

I can easily understand what you mean with "ridiculed", and I agree.

Surely, anything by Kojima would be welcome.

On the Vita, I'd love to see engrossing, beautiful and long games. Something like Dissidia has been for PSP, for example.

sephaien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sephaien
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

just fallout 3. that is enough for me. not new vegas.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Exclusive JRPGs with really good graphics and artistic design.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
oh i would also love something like okami. hell the vita has 2 surfaces for drawing. okamiden on the DS was great...imagine what the vita could do.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#12 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
JPRGS.
voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

I am probably in the minority here.. but what i want more are portable titles... i have both a 3ds and vita and my vita gets a lot of playtime at home.. outside however, its the 3ds i take.. the games are just more portable allowing me to play in shot bursts.. take a game like picross or a layton for instance.. got 10 mins of time to spare?? solve a puzzle in layton..

i am ok with console level experiences.. however imo it just does not translate to a game which is portable.. finishing a level of super mario 3d land vs watching a cutscene in gravity daze while on bus.. there is no competition there..

just my opinion..

MetalHead888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 MetalHead888
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I am probably in the minority here.. but what i want more are portable titles... i have both a 3ds and vita and my vita gets a lot of playtime at home.. outside however, its the 3ds i take.. the games are just more portable allowing me to play in shot bursts.. take a game like picross or a layton for instance.. got 10 mins of time to spare?? solve a puzzle in layton..

i am ok with console level experiences.. however imo it just does not translate to a game which is portable.. finishing a level of super mario 3d land vs watching a cutscene in gravity daze while on bus.. there is no competition there..

just my opinion..

voljin1987

i agree. games that are "less portable" need to have many save points so you could just turn off the system if you have to and not worry about it and not feel bad about loosing gameplay. uncharted nailed this.

but yeah, i know what ur saying about mario. pretty much the same thing as origins. very nice.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#15 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

The game that I'd like to see (and would pay money for) is an open world game, like GTA or Far Cry.

I'm aware the system has limitations but even a reduced environment playable in the palm of my hands would be amazing.

RatedSTARZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 RatedSTARZ
Member since 2013 • 400 Posts

I think the Vita just needs more exclusive titles that are fun, easy to pick up, and easily get addicted to :D. Some of the most unique games I've seen on the Playstation Portable platform have been games like Patapon. They should really experiment with titles on the Vita since development costs are much lower than the consoles. 

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
I would love for Capcom to bring Monster Hunter back on the Vita, with online play.
Ficcolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ficcolo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Some, JRPGs, how about Legend of the Dragoon 2?
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I would like a good turn-based strategy or SRPG. Those work great on handhelds but so far all the Vita has is Disgaea ports(4 is coming in the future, which I will be buying). I'm pretty set on other types of JRPGs with Ys Celceta, Demon Gave, and Sorcery Saga on the way though more wouldn't hurt either. Some third person shooters wouldn't hurt either, hopefully not with mandatory touch controls like Uncharted.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. It's just to bad Square Enix hates money.

crimsonman1245
They should do that and put it on Vita and 3DS.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I would love for Capcom to bring Monster Hunter back on the Vita, with online play. CWEBB04z
It's not MH but you might want to look into Toukiden.