What was/is the best racing game on the PS3. Which is your favorite.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -
What is considered the best racing game on the PS3? Which racing game is your favorite? I haven't played too many racing games on the PS3, but I did play a lot on the PS1 and ps2 and I have played a lot more on the Xbox360. I have only played GRID 2, MotorStorm, MotorStorm Pacific Rim, MotorStorm Apocalypse, Split Second, and I have F1 2011 bit ai haven't played it yet. I am thinking about getting the first GRID and one of the DIRT games. From what I have played GRID 2 is the best one, and my favorite.
#2 Posted by iammook (5 posts) -
gran turismo 5
#3 Posted by msulcs (43 posts) -
Gran Turismo 5 for now, and probably Gran Turismo 6 when it comes out
#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13028 posts) -
Anything by Codemasters will do. Also check out Modnation Racers on splitscreen, its epic !
#5 Posted by MondasM (1253 posts) -
it depends on your preference, if you like simulations then it's gt 5, if you like rally and off-road then it's dirt series (semi simulation), if you like arcade games, then i'd go for cirterion games, burnout paradise and nfs most wanted are very similar, since they are both created by criterion, and they both are great... :) if you happen to like semi simulation street races then go for grid 2, i like that game quite a lot as well...
#6 Posted by MondasM (1253 posts) -
it depends on your preference, if you like simulations then it's gt 5, if you like rally and off-road then it's dirt series (semi simulation), if you like arcade games, then i'd go for cirterion games, burnout paradise and nfs most wanted are very similar, since they are both created by criterion, and they both are great... :) if you happen to like semi simulation street races then go for grid 2, i like that game quite a lot as well...
#7 Posted by MondasM (1253 posts) -
#8 Posted by sukraj (22800 posts) -

gran turismo 5iammook

it was mine too.

#9 Posted by marcheegsr (2731 posts) -

My favourite racer is Gran turismo 5, it wasn't so great at at launch but with the patches and huge updates, it turned out to be what I hoped for.

#10 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25696 posts) -
I'm not big on racers but it was Motorstorm Apocalypse for me. Just pure ridiculous fun. Wanna race? Go ahead, just be careful a falling building or plane doesn't land on your head.
#11 Posted by The_Golden_Age- (145 posts) -

WipEout HD Fury is easily my favourite racing game of all time. It's super fast hardcore racing with weapons. It's art direction is fantastic, soundtrack is stellar, it has a huge campaign, graphics are great, a bunch of cool modes, it's fun as hell, and it was priced great right from the start so I have no idea what it is now.

#12 Posted by SoNin360 (5483 posts) -
Not a huge fan of racing games, but I loved Burnout Paradise. I know it's not an exclusive, but it's one of my favorite racing games. The open world aspect and playing around online was very fun. My runner-up would be Blur, which I feel was a very underrated game and wish more people would have played it so the online would have been viable for longer than it was. Motorstorm Apocalypse is worth a mention as well.
#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71801 posts) -
Grid 2 so far, i have played most of my other racing games on the 360
#15 Edited by lensflare15 (6181 posts) -

Definitely Motorstorm Apocalypse for me. The other Motorstorms were fun as well.

#16 Posted by Terrencec06 (3540 posts) -

Mine is Burnout Paradise.

#17 Edited by killjoi (9986 posts) -

Dirt 2. Great balance between sim and pure arcade racing. Never played Gran Turismo 5, it could be the best racer on the system but I passed on it due to lukewarm reviews and reports that the AI is still on-rails.

#18 Posted by CTR360 (7077 posts) -

for ps3 GT5

#19 Posted by l34052 (3197 posts) -

F1:CE, F1 from codemasters are my fave racing games on the ps3.

#20 Posted by sukraj (22800 posts) -

GTA 5

#21 Posted by Dog (37 posts) -

^Smart post above. Choosing a race-centered game, Burnout Paradise is easily the best...

#22 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1338 posts) -

My favourite 5 are:

1. Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

2. Burnout Paradise (The motorbikes are so much fun!)

3. Wipeout HD with the Fury expansion (Got it free after the PSN hacking ordeal)

4. F1 Race Stars

5. Modnation Racers

#23 Posted by Arach666 (23039 posts) -

Wipeout HD Fury and F1 CE,exclusive wise that is.

#24 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6551 posts) -

Midnight Club LA

followed by NFS HP

I'm really sad Criterion didn't make another closed track Burnout and we only got 1 Midnight Club this gen

#25 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

I've only played Burnout Paradise on PS3 and i really enjoyed it.

#26 Edited by BreadNMilk (37 posts) -

Blur & Motorstorm

#27 Posted by ankor77 (977 posts) -

Wipeout HD. Nothing comes close to touching it. I love the entire series. Gran tourismo on ps3 was a dissapointment for me, i preffered forza. But wipeout trumps them both!

#28 Posted by sukraj (22800 posts) -

@Terrencec06 said:

Mine is Burnout Paradise.

this one is also a cool racing game.

#29 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

I'm not a fan of Gran Turismo, but there hasn't been anything better than GT5.

#30 Edited by wwefanforlife (3247 posts) -

Blur is my favorite mostly because I found it fun and exciting especially the online it was crazy with 20 players everyone firing weapons all over the place. It's a shame Craptivision shut down Bizarre Creations since I love most of the games Bizarre developed.

#31 Edited by ultimameteora (2573 posts) -

Burnout Paradise or NFS Hot Pursuit.

#32 Edited by porkchopxp (1153 posts) -

I played the hell out of Burnout Paradise, still own it!